Thread: What about the copy/paste ??

What about the copy/paste ??

I m currently looking throught the new bind window, but i can t find it.

It isn t possible to copy/paste a texte by using ctrl+C and ctrl+V ??? the only time it did something, it only pasted me a partial bloc of text
    Vikkyh - 220/30 NM NT Damage Setup<==>Def Setup
    Butsufixa - 220/25 Opi Fixer Noobstick fixer
    Zentradi - 220/30 Trox Sold Solid phat ass
    Nebul4 - 220/21 Soli Crat Not even funny

I'm having this issue too, no longer able to copy/paste with ctrl+c/ctrl+v. My orgmates seem to be able to do it just fine though.
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

I mentioned this same problem in another thread, and moaned in orgchat for a time, until I tried CTL+V more slowly than usual. Seems that I need to hold the 'v' for about 1s before it pastes. HTH

Also, poor spellers of the world untie! No longer is shift needed to navigate within the chat line - arrows suffice nicely. Whereas others dislike zoning into waterfalls and such, I appreciate the more natural typing.

Best,
    Gora

I notices that keep the "V" holding sometimes make the paste appear sometimes not. Navigate in chat with arrows only is great but not for people that move theirs caracter with arrows ( yes it still exist).
    In fact, it seems that most of the action triggered by a combination of key have issues. Most of windows are slower to appear since patch like the ctrl+1 for stuff etc...

Last night I had to hit ctrl-v twice every time to get it to paste into the chat window.

working fine for me. Maybe it's bugged depending on settings you select?
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Has worked so far for me this morning, but not at all yesterday.
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv

Quote Originally Posted by Sorhan View Post
    Has worked so far for me this morning, but not at all yesterday.
    and you didnt change any binding or configuration ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Nope, the only bindings I've done is binding the item shop to a key since I don't have the menu buttons showing. But even that I did before noticing the copy/paste issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Butsut3kkai View Post
    I notices that keep the "V" holding sometimes make the paste appear sometimes not. Navigate in chat with arrows only is great but not for people that move theirs caracter with arrows ( yes it still exist).
    In fact, it seems that most of the action triggered by a combination of key have issues. Most of windows are slower to appear since patch like the ctrl+1 for stuff etc...
    yes, same for me. same as selecting something and ctr+c not always copying it. Was a bit hard to reproduce too.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

I've noticed this spontaniously happening. Hitting ctrl+v multiple times seems to get it going. Really odd.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Same problems here.

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

My CTRL-V seems to now work on key-up rather than key-down, so nothing happens until I release the V key.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Couldn't get mine to work at all. No pasting links for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    My CTRL-V seems to now work on key-up rather than key-down, so nothing happens until I release the V key.
    Just did a lil testing,
    holding ctrl + v, as you said on releasing v, copied text appeared
    holding ctrl + v, released ctrl first, v appeared
    holding ctrl + v, released simultaneously, nothing.. not reproducible every time, but if I was conscious about the action it worked fine (making sure I released v first).

So input isn't acted on until key up now? oO but only for copy/paste?
    Last edited by Gaveup; Nov 19th, 2010 at 08:00:39.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

It s waird, i have the same feeling of "a lag" or somethinbg like that when y copy/paste and turning with mouse in grid. Seems that paste have a delay before appearing. it happen that my paste appear 2 times and sometimes, never.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Good observation that explains the laggy feel and why it doesn't always work.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Funcom employee

Copying form the chat window is currently not working, and as someone said paste is on KeyUp not KeyDown.

Hopefully this should be changed back and fixed soon.