Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can omni wear sentinels replica armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Loucretia View Post
    I dont see why. I ALWAYS have inspect disabled.
    Up until now there were no "fake" items to go in social, well except for some of the OTAF/Omni-pol Elite (or maybe super low QL armors?). That has now changed. But like I said, it will matter not to people who already don't care. "Status" is always subjective and fickle.
    Last edited by Kordova; Nov 17th, 2010 at 21:25:55.

Income is involved now all the old rules and taboos are out the window for a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    It does not. None of the replica sets include any related back pieces or shoulder pads.
    Should have done that with helmets too, for the same possible reason

While on topic of replica armors...
    Is original ICC Peacekeeper Armor available ingame (as opposed to Item store)? I believe it was one of the points made prior to Store, that no item or buff you can't get otherways won't make it's way into Item Store.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Funcom employee

In referring to stuff that boosts your character, yes. Not in reference to social items.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Haven't even had a chance to log into the game yet, and this makes me sad. Creating some new, store only social would have been all right. Putting this stuff in there is just sad. Of course, I feel the same way with items that were only available during certain halloween/birthday/holiday stuff as well. I realize that lots of people want those things, but the way to handle that would be to re-introduce them into the game at another time, not just sell them in the store. Panda heads were cool because they meant you were there. Now they just mean you have a credit card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kordova View Post
    Up until now there were no "fake" items to go in social, well except for some of the OTAF/Omni-pol Elite (or maybe super low QL armors?). That has now changed. But like I said, it will matter not to people who already don't care. "Status" is always subjective and fickle.
    Ehhh... I had 5 pieces of CC in social on my engie for the last year or so. He didn't have any CC armor on actually (had better stuff for the setup). I just needed a nice place to put the spare pieces while I was slowly accumulating a set and the other toons did not need them.

Then again I did always have inspect enabled, too.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

In referring to stuff that boosts your character, yes. Not in reference to social items.
    Trust a game developer to make a statement like this. Just because YOU have a boss that comes to work dressed as teletubby, you can't simply assume the rest of us can be so casual about our appearance.

So does this mean that the ICC peacekeeper set is intended to be exclusive to the Item Shop?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Funcom employee

That is correct. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Oh dear...

This is taking it just a bit too far.

Forget OTAF/Sentinels... Omni-Med Battle Armor is even harder to acquire, as you have to build on an already slightly-difficult-to-get set; selling it for 4 bucks is definitely underappreciating the amount of effort that armor takes.

And it is definitely a sweet looking armor. :/
    I agree completely, making "epic" armor easily attainable social crap devalues everything. Half the time we spend is specifically to make our characters different - now a fr00b can have ql300 Combined armor looks, what is the friggin' point? Especially when both sides can wear sided armor?
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Okay so me and a friend who spent a while camping him a full OTAF set (including back item) for his clan agent, who then spent 7 DAYS logged in as omni in side-change cooldown before he went clan again with his "FP OTAF omni" equipped in social... anyone can do that now for a few bucks...? Stupid. We play this game for fun, there needs to be some stuff that can only be aquired through effort to make things odd. To make people go "holy crap, did you really spend 7 days logged in just to wear OTAF in social?! thats silly omgwtfbbqroflcopter"

That's actually quite sad

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Though in the end, you where playing the game, and probably having at least somewhat fun doing it.

I have no problems with people being able to buy stuff. I consider it using cheatcodes, and the only one they cheat are themselves.

I DO mind removing the faction reqs. As a neutral in PVP I like it when I can see at a glance what faction a player is from, and having stuff like OTAF and Sentinels, helps setting clans and omnis at least somewhat apart visually.

When can we see Orange Xan DB armor? That thing is one of the most coolest armors evah!!
    Cadaver Nihtilah Sanguins - 220/70/27 shade.
    Waste Technium Collector - 200 fr00b engi - RL in Froob200 \o/
    Satanic Voldrug Wrath -- Grid Benliah Vampire -- Divine Acathist Curse --

pink sentinel armor is in "have to get, if come" -list. I have perfect 59 omni enfo use it. i can even pay few euros for it (and reactivate accounts). But igshop sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    Though in the end, you where playing the game, and probably having at least somewhat fun doing it.

I have no problems with people being able to buy stuff. I consider it using cheatcodes, and the only one they cheat are themselves.

I DO mind removing the faction reqs. As a neutral in PVP I like it when I can see at a glance what faction a player is from, and having stuff like OTAF and Sentinels, helps setting clans and omnis at least somewhat apart visually.
    Yeah, the only thing I dislike is it lacking a prof-lock. But hey, I might change my mind if someone has a good reason for it. Also from a RP standpoint it is.. not good imo. (but who RPs anyway?)

Its better then Yesdrop $-sold tokens either way.

Posting here for once to vent a bit instead of on the guild chat ( where they already know how I feel and might consider kicking me ).
    Everybody I think has been said here, and it seems I'm not the only to see this patch as a failure. The change in the chat input for one thing, the icons for an other ( I have a crappy eyesight, even got surgery, but now those icons are way too big !) and the worst : the shop.

That kids use their mother's credit card to buy replicas of CSS or CC, I don't really care, but I'm among the players who joined the game for the interesting background story. And what now ? I see in BS omnis wearing sentinel armors. I don't roleplay but it's a damn huge contradiction to the background of the game, that's supposed to be rather important in a mmorpg. What's the point of choosing this or that faction, now , if in the end there's no difference ?

Same for the special event items that now appear in the shop : there's no point in having been in the game for the last4 years because the items can be bought. Those items you were happy to discover each day of the christmas event are now just a click away from any Kevin's hand.

And all this for the juicy mothers' credit cards.
    I guess the meaning of the letters AO has changed : it's not "Anarchy Online" anymore, it's now "American-express Only" .

Quote Originally Posted by sylesis View Post
    I guess the meaning of the letters AO has changed : it's not "Anarchy Online" anymore, it's now "American-express Only" .
    /troll
    They accept Visa and Mastercard as well
    /troll off

Anyone else feel bad for Kintaii that he was given the new job duty of "Come up with new and creative ways to defend the lies and half-truths fed to the player base"?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast