Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove SO from Drains.

Remove SO from Drains.

Title says it all i was thinking about this the other day. Can any one name just one equipable weapon that requires Sharp Object to equip? Removing SO from drains would also put a hefty nerf on traders at the lower levels and imo they deserve everything they get come rebalace at lower levels and I personally hope that FC does not go soft on them. Just my opinion would make lower levels a bit more balanced. Any one else think this is a good idea?

Level locking kizzers would be better. They aint only traders toy, everyone except shades can use em by lvl 30 or so giving an attack that lands on anyone but ga fixers and mostly caps.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Nov 18th, 2010 at 13:28:39.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

I think the good idea that should fix this problem is a higher level of thinking that is needed to fix trader's drains in general, not just removing SO.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I think the good idea that should fix this problem is a higher level of thinking that is needed to fix trader's drains in general, not just removing SO.
    you're actually suggesting a change to what is on live servers ..... *fixes chair and picks himself up from the ground
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

I guess this can be a Nerf trader thread, but main thing is sharp Obj only has like 3 items used in whole game and 1 of them is prof locked. Lvl locking is kinda stupid in ao takes away a challenge from people. I was just thinking about in pvp how a trader at lvl 15 will need to max the skill implant it maybe once and just grab mochams to use a really awesome attack that is locked out to others untill around 21-25(that is with ai armor) and locked out to non ai having folk to at least 30.
    I agree with every ones post here. Except the lvl locking part. As a fixer i will always be against lvl locks.

Pft there's tons of pebbles in Pande that are Sharp Obj, they just couldn't hurt a fly

Kizzers are acceptable weapons at tl2-4 since there no worthwhile perkchains and HnQ is retarded. Tarders otoh have completely crapped all over lowbie PVP but FC don't care or they'd have done something about it 5 years ago. Obvious answer is roll a trader and if FC finally nerfs them you still get a handy wrangl0r machine at the end of it xD
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Pft there's tons of pebbles in Pande that are Sharp Obj, they just couldn't hurt a fly

Kizzers are acceptable weapons at tl2-4 since there no worthwhile perkchains and HnQ is retarded. Tarders otoh have completely crapped all over lowbie PVP but FC don't care or they'd have done something about it 5 years ago. Obvious answer is roll a trader and if FC finally nerfs them you still get a handy wrangl0r machine at the end of it xD
    The day they nerf traders will be the day that FC decides to take a new look at lowbie pvp which I can say about damn time. Id say about 90% of all towers taken 1-35 are taken by traders. Hope FC slowly works down the spectrum of pvp to tl1-3 and fix some severly OP professions. But a quick little nerf that can show that FC has traders in there sights would be a removal of Sharp Object from drains. Removing SO from drains would also alow people to have a nice damage on traders still. I dont see a need for a lvl 9 to be able to pop kizzers. I personally just hope they do a lil something about the situation because it is pretty lame. No one wants to do towers tl 1-2 unless they are on a trader. Even on NR perked toons drains land about 85% of the time which is a bit much for some one who sacraficed using any nanos to attempt to be a trader fodder.

That was a huge rant yeah but hey reason game is kinda slow @ tl1-2 is because traders are super op no one wants to spend time twinking anything but a trader at these title levels because it would be useless. ONLY thing you got going for you if you are going up against a trader is they MIGHT have low hp. Otherwise you have 0 chance of killing them and like 40% chance of escaping.

Traders are extremely overpowered. I made a level 14 trader to prove that. Kizzers are pretty much 100% capping at that lvl, and in towers are instant 30%, plus a few hits from noobrod, and boom, hitting more than HoT can heal.

Too overpowered.

This is FC's chance to fix some things i wonder what they have in mind.

I say increase drop rate on Lava capsules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by fixyourself View Post
    imo they deserve everything they get come rebalace
    Phrases like that aren't typically made by someone who wants to see true balance. The rebalance is about making things even for everyone, not crippling a profession because they've been powerful for too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Well yeah I am all for everyone being even and all that, but the point is I guess they will be the profession needing the most nerfing in order for every one to be even.(hence me saying they deserve nerfage in the rebalance) All im saying is some professions will need more love and others more nerfs to make the Rebalance worthwhile. See what im going for Bernida?

Traders barely need any nerfing at all.. They are fine as long as theyre self buffed with the exception of the new LE nanos. Traders can infact be pretty easy for a good twink to take down if they are geared in any way to do so.

Your thinking tl3+ Original. +Self buff=nonexistant in low lvl pvp.

No, I'm thinking specifically tl3 and under. The only things I'd change would be duration on drains (so they have to recast in fights) and removing LE nanos that are too easy to land. Self buffed is very rare low level nowadays yes. However that doesn't mean that it isn't an imbalance in the game.

Hmm I dont know what you are trying to say then(this is said in a sincere voice of reason). Facts are this, if you get drained at towers by a trader you are dead. Now ofc there are exceptions you could run/attempt killing trader before they land that root that will ALWAYS land. Now that is just 1 drain+root. 2 Drains and if the trader has ANY kind of evades you are now not even hitting them. How is this not in need of nerfing? Can you name 1 other toon that has the power to succesfully kill EVERY single person they encounter? E****ally when a trader is allowed to cast -105,-115 @ lvl 14 with MODERATE twinking? Also im just suggesting taking out a very overpowered item given to traders at crazy low lvls. Btw i do have one of these very OP'd traders but it takes fun away from the game in my opinion that is why I am opting for a Nerf. Make tl1-2 fun again not just a trader V trader drain swapping event at towers.

I'm trying to say.. That without Outside buffs, traders are nowhere near OP, and aren't even the best prof to choose in my opinion with all the NR stuff kicking about. The problem is outside buffs cause huge imbalances at low level that unless they are removed from pvp/changed (which they seem to be doing) you will not be able to balance the game.

Ahh I completely agree with you. Self Buffed traders are a very manageable opponet but with osbs they become walking dooms day devices. But i do not see FC taking away osbs at lower lvls. Tho I would completely agree with it

If they are truly looking for balance then it's the only way. If they don't do something about the buff situation at lower levels then I don't see any hope for tl 1-3 being actually near balanced.

remove mm/bm/pistol/fling/burst from drains please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast