Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 19th, 2010: The Sky is Not Falling

Funcom employee Friday with Means - November 19th, 2010: The Sky is Not Falling

The Anarchy Online store is up and running...and the sky has not fallen. I am sorry that the first discussion of items did not include the "approximate" prices that some of these items would be having as I think that would have reduced a lot of people's anxiety about their addition. I am very relieved to have it out so I can once again return my complete focus to improving and adding to the game itself.

Needless to say, the more important part being the update itself which contained many very significant changes. For the most part it has gone smoother than we could have possibly expected (considering we replaced the entire input system for the game...among many other significant changes)...but of course there have been a few issues. We have been working on these issues for the past few days and hope to have a new version on TestLive this weekend.

Code changes for the next version on TestLive:

Add 'unlock all' menu item to wear view to unlock all locked items.
    Fix copy/pasting (copy key is now bindable).
    Clear selection on pressing esc in text input view (crash fix).
    Improve bind dialog and bind window.
    Fix stuttering camera y-controls when using RMB steering.
    Alt+enter in chat window no longer sends the message / loses focus.
    Ctrl+tab to change channel in chat view now works.
    Add itemshop to "/open" command.
    Add global (ovveride text input) left right up down control binds (alt+arrows by default). (Steer your character while typing...but still be able to select text with the arrows.)
    Rendering fixes for browser on ATI/AMD.

The first version of the "Shade Nano Document" has been delivered to the professionals this week for their review...so I imagine they will be available to everyone next Friday.

The character heads are nearing completion...going to be fun to create a "here are ALL the heads" page at some point.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

1st

Edit: Oki, had the time to read through it and think things through.

Good things to be fixed it seems.
    Some screwups in the last patch that will be fixed soon(TM) I guess.

Now..
    How is work on the engine going? You said in Oslo that you were waiting for the engine crew to be done with the total overhaul of the engine, so you could weed out the last bugs. Time estimate then was said to be 1-2 month for that work to be done. Then an aditional few months for you to get the last things done.
    Are we there yet?

Rebalancing:
    Shade is next, and we got a some other docs already.
    What's the estimated timeframe for the rest of the docs to come,and in what order are you planning to release them?
    Last edited by Maofex; Nov 20th, 2010 at 15:09:19.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

meh!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

actually, the sky has fallen
    Last edited by Gatess; Nov 19th, 2010 at 15:32:48.

Yay shades!
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

rawr
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

O.o
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

inb4 dat lock
    Somebody lied.

Chickens !
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

the shop prices do seem kindof steep but the higher end items its understandable I guess
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

nth, & inb4 dirtbag.

I'm dead happy with 18.4 so far, with one exception. I miss being able to steer with the left and right arrow keys while I'm typing. I find myself running into walls even more than usual these days

--Argo
    Last edited by Argotach; Nov 19th, 2010 at 15:36:45.
    Tacharnan - 220/27/70 neut Advy, NEPA [s]
    Argo - 210/23 neut Fixer, NEPA
    Argottus - 183 omni Fixer (froob)
    DrZhivargo - 153/11 neut Doc, NEPA
    Tacharkeep - 150/9 omni Kipper
    Argoleech - 106 omni Tarder (froob)
    Argomp - 73 neut MP (froob), NEPA
    Tachargo - 55/6/14 neut Fixer, NEPA

RK2 | TLFivePlus | Omneut

First
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Gatess View Post
    actually, the sky has fallen
    Has not :P
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Whats the price on things? How much for a 199 toon for an example?
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

Find it amusing that the entire discussion from last weeks FWM, is totally bypassed by the developers. The playerbase has no saying anymore.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Means, please include:
    - option to disable new nano icons/borders
    - option to disable Item Shop (for those playing on Linux....better to get money from their subscription only than none at all)

Also, did you break news to Dev team we'll need whole new sets of Christmas and Halloween items? If same keep droping this/upcoming years, nobody will buy them from Store (fail) and those who already bought them will whine.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

friday, beer, fwm. Brilliant

Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast