Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 19th, 2010: The Sky is Not Falling

Quote Originally Posted by kehaan View Post
    To Means -

Please let us disable the new Item Store, so we on Linux/Mac can play the game...

And make a website version of the shop, so users instead can browse the shop from their browser, and buy the items from the account page.

This...
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    guys did u know the itemshop killed kennedy and caused global warming??
    That's a lie! It just gives you AIDS when you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The character heads are nearing completion...going to be fun to create a "here are ALL the heads" page at some point.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Concerning this, and some "flurry" creatures...

Can we have "new" leet pets and new heads as avatars? I want zombieleet as my avatar so much, it's just perfect one and I might start necroing too with it ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Please Means, what about the problem with chat where you can no longer use the arrow keys to turn or stop while the chat window is selected? That's really a HUGE input change for a lot of us, and seriously limits the experience of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    Please Means, what about the problem with chat where you can no longer use the arrow keys to turn or stop while the chat window is selected? That's really a HUGE input change for a lot of us, and seriously limits the experience of the game.
    Pretty sure he addressed this in his post...

Edit: Yep he did...

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    Add global (ovveride text input) left right up down control binds (alt+arrows by default). (Steer your character while typing...but still be able to select text with the arrows.)
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Code changes for the next version on TestLive:
    Add global (ovveride text input) left right up down control binds (alt+arrows by default). (Steer your character while typing...but still be able to select text with the arrows.)
    seems...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

lol, read it twice and still didn't see it!

hui shade docs! Exciting!

I haven't seen mention to some bugs or questions..

- Is it intended that while non-upgraded ofab is YesDrop you still cannot access other professions shops? I haven't seen any official answer on that

- The mouse starts to become laggy and starts to skip when you move it near the edges of the screen in windowed mode for some people.

- Another keyboard control problem is in scenarios where you excessively use ctrl+tab like in BS you can no longer move or use hotbar actions while the ctrl key is being held. You used to be able to do so before. You can work around by adding ctrl+movement keys to the binding but would be nice if those were pre-set already and you don't have to set it on every character. workaround link

- There is a lacking keybinding which used to be on Shift+Q. It "changed" your target if you already were attacking something. It still functions but is not showing up in the binding list. Reassigning attack to another button keeps the shift+Q functionality but if you assign shift+Q to another actions the change target action is lost for good. Any plans to add that to the possible binding list?
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    - Is it intended that while non-upgraded ofab is YesDrop you still cannot access other professions shops? I haven't seen any official answer on that
    There is official answer somewhere (dunno where, maybe in one of the treads in18.4. section). Kintaii (I believe it was him) stated shops will stay prof locked.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    There is official answer somewhere (dunno where, maybe in one of the treads in18.4. section). Kintaii (I believe it was him) stated shops will stay prof locked.
    From the patch notes ...

# Basic OFAB Armor is no longer no-drop - Improved/Penultimate OFAB is still no-drop. Vendors are still only accessible by profession.

Are token packs still yesdrop?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

But the sky *is* falling.

You've excluded a lot of customers from running AO with Awesomium (browser) because they don't use Windows, and I think one of the last things you can afford is losing even more players.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

THIRD PAGE! Woo, that's a first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    But the sky *is* falling.

You've excluded a lot of customers from running AO with Awesomium (browser) because they don't use Windows, and I think one of the last things you can afford is losing even more players.
    I have to agree, the sky is falling. If i cant run AO because of the new browser, i will have to be forced to quit the game...

From Kehaan...
    /Kehaan - lvl 220 Crat - Atrox/
    /Kehaax - lvl 150 Fixer - Atrox/
    /Kehtra - lvl 210 Trader - Atrox/
    /Kehelectric - lvl 165 NT - Atrox/
    /Kehxao - lvl 150 Doctor - Solitus!?/
    A proud advisor of Cerberus

Hm. Seeing a lot of people mentioning "Stop killing your game by not letting Linux in" (I am exaggerating for comedic effect, but it is what it 'sounds' like sometimes). Do these people forget that Linux has never been officially supported, and that it only worked because it happened to?

Are they really in such a majority that barring out linux die hards will kill AO?

I don't think they are. I'm sorry it doesn't work for you, and it does upset me, as I was considering putting linux back on my laptop, but I don't expect perfect gaming from Linux, and thus I'm not upset when it doesn't work.

How are you guys gonna call the document for doctors?

As in:

"Doc doc"
    "Who's there"
    "a Doc"
    "no kidding"

Surely a "what's up doc?" would be most appropriate?

YES FINALY THE MP DOCUMENTS!!!!

oh sorry... my bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Waylayer View Post
    From the patch notes ...

# Basic OFAB Armor is no longer no-drop - Improved/Penultimate OFAB is still no-drop. Vendors are still only accessible by profession.
    So we can buy Ofab with real money but not trade it with our alts.... Why? To force people to trade credits? What's the value in that?
    ---

And Mean's post with his "don't worry, this stuff is really expensive," doesn't really speak to the concerns that they are selling power now. It's just a brush off laced with a childish, sycophant-troll-stoking chicken little insult.

Sure, I'm laying it on thick, but all discussions of whether the items in the shop are appropriate has been blatantly avoided. The silence is deafening.

They've done a lot of good with this game over the past year but some of us feel this item shop is just bad news. And the lack of community engagement about it is disappointing.
    Last edited by blackmesa; Nov 19th, 2010 at 18:31:14. Reason: clarity

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
    And the lack of community engagement about it is disappointing.
    Why bother? It's pretty obvious by now that FC won't listen anyway. The only way they're gonna change this is if they loose more money off people quitting than they gain by selling items...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast