Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 19th, 2010: The Sky is Not Falling

Hmmm.... do you get FC points as a sloob? Like 60 per month?
    Last edited by Nanowolf; Nov 19th, 2010 at 20:42:04.

Unhappy The sky's not falling - hmmm not sure on that

Nice Icons
    Nice shop
    Nice mouse speed
    hmm - not so sure about the crashing every time i go to log off - i have to go into task manger to get win 7 working again!!!!!! - please patch me so it stops doing it

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    Hmm...cheap tokens are gone from shop and expensive VPs are still there.
    Recalling this. Just neutrals (for example my lvl8) do not see tokens in shop.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I am sorry...but supporting non-standardized OS's is not a path I am willing to commit to.
    I'm pretty sure the Linux users would be happy if you had the option to start AO without the items shop process. No idea if that's hard to implement, but it doesn't sound hard. People have reported empty in-game browser windows when the shop process was locked by their anti-virus programmes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Why bother? It's pretty obvious by now that FC won't listen anyway. The only way they're gonna change this is if they loose more money off people quitting than they gain by selling items...
    Nah FC will just pull the plug on AO because it'll no longer be profitable. Do you think FC would actually look into the more complex reasons behind it? They're too busy pushing all their other projects.

My sky has certainly fallen.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Fix copy/pasting (copy key is now bindable).

Bindable? BINDABLE? Copy paste is and always was: CTRL+C CTRL+V

So now I have to bind it to some key like INSERT? wtf =/

Quote Originally Posted by Datch View Post
    Nice Icons
    Nice shop
    Nice mouse speed
    hmm - not so sure about the crashing every time i go to log off - i have to go into task manger to get win 7 working again!!!!!! - please patch me so it stops doing it
    If you get any error messages make sure you send them in. They can't just magically fix something with out knowing the cause of the problem.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    So you got my blessing to selling VPs, Tokens, Levels, to any noob out there...you're not only giving me more food into BS at some point...but you are keeping the game alive..

The game alive.
    If they removed the prof tag from the OFAB armour vendor, you would probably get more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    That has got to be my best post ever!
    I lol'd
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Ok so once the new heads are done, does that mean they have to remodel the character bodies as well, or was that already done?
    Also, when the modeling of the characters is done, how will the armor be? will it be like a texture over the body as it is now, or will there be some "definition" for the armor?

Strange how buyable levels in game at the same time Follow gets completely borked...

Unfortunately what we can't afford is dedicating significant resource to supporting an OS used by 1.4% of our player base. Who knows how many different variants of Linux makes up that 1.4%...and how many issues might need to be addressed to fix them all?

I am sorry...but supporting non-standardized OS's is not a path I am willing to commit to.
    I wouldn't worry much about it. The vast majority of linux ppl also have xp/win7 on their systems. The actual loss should be very close to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    If you get any error messages make sure you send them in. They can't just magically fix something with out knowing the cause of the problem.
    The client pesters us to send in the crash dump. I'm sure everyone affected already clicks the 'Yes' button hard.
    ಠ_ಠ

Please give the option to disable the in-game shop for all regardless of os
    don't mind the occasional kick in the teeth to old player community to bring in new blood, long as I can avoid the aspects which offend me. This does quite horrendously and sits on constantly lagging up ao causing uncounted crashes and making me feel rather nervous about ao's security risk to my system. Another step down the road of swg and their nge

The character heads are nearing completion...going to be fun to create a "here are ALL the heads" page at some point.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Nerd rage inc if you got the nanomage male head with the hood wrong

Have a great weekend too.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Strata View Post
    Strange how buyable levels in game at the same time Follow gets completely borked...
    Buyable levels aren't ingame yet!
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Froobs don't have access to browser?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Officially supported or not, you are still losing customers over it. I won't pretend to know the exact numbers, but there's more than a few.
    I dont know where those 1.4% comes from. I do not hope Anarchy is "calling home reporting OS statistics" secretly, as this would be a real slap into every players face.

What you *could* do to help is giving the community some details about your particular Awesomium build. For example versions of Awesomium and Chromium used, which configuration options were picked, which compiler did you use, which C library, etc.

Thanks for the explanation. I understand you can't officially support us with the small amount of resources you have to work with, but a hint every now and then (such as Macrosun's post in Tech Help) would be very much appreciated by all of us. The same goes for some simple Q&A in the thread I posted just up here.
    Yeah, stating "someone else would do it, i am sure of it" without giving out some *hints* about the implementation and interaction between client.exe, awesomiumprocess.exe and the DLL is another slap. It would be really helpful to know where the problem comes from (be it the IPC or simply a weird library or some *possibly* unnecessary compiler optimizations or perhaps some debug code leftover in the build process). I guess every bit of information would help "the community" here.

In the worst case there will be a build of Awesomium for Linux in July.
    http://www.khrona.com/2010/05/22/awe...-beta-out-now/
    You really believe some of us are willing to wait 7 months? And then again, how should the Linux build help Mac users (as me)? And who will incorporate the build into WINE? I doubt that this path will be an option...

regards
    /Z
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    I dont know where those 1.4% comes from. I do not hope Anarchy is "calling home reporting OS statistics" secretly, as this would be a real slap into every players face.
    Jesus man, not all analytical information is "OMGZ MALWARE" .. how is that different from every website on the net (including these forums) collecting your browser information and if available your OS, screen resolution, geolocation by IP .. etc etc. It helps the developers. I'd be much more shocked if FC didn't have this analytical data.

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Doubt it has to, the webserver most likely has stats, and that will say what proportion use what.

Dont forget, the launcher has a webpage in it.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    Jesus man, not all analytical information is "OMGZ MALWARE" .. how is that different from every website on the net (including these forums) collecting your browser information and if available your OS, screen resolution, geolocation by IP .. etc etc. It helps the developers. I'd be much more shocked if FC didn't have this analytical data.
    Point is, i never have been asked if i am ok with it. And security isnt really the strongest part of anarchy. Go check your processlist, next time you are logged in.
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast