Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 19th, 2010: The Sky is Not Falling

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The Anarchy Online store is up and running...and the sky has not fallen. I am sorry that the first discussion of items did not include the "approximate" prices that some of these items would be having as I think that would have reduced a lot of people's anxiety about their addition. I am very relieved to have it out so I can once again return my complete focus to improving and adding to the game itself.
    From I've seen right after the patch, the PP costs for items are pretty balanced, high enough NOT to discourage people from getting the same items through normal means in-game, while at the same time not so costly that it stop someone (most likely a casual player) who would like to spend a few bucks to save some time.

I've been playing AO since beta, that is almost 1/4 of my life, playing the same game. It's become a hobby for me, I love the game but as I've gotten older, real life has slowly reduced my gaming time. These days, I probably only spend less than half the time I used compared to 5 years ago. Vets like me likely have gone through the same, priorities have changed and from being hardcore gamers, they have become casual gamers.

Most vets know the game well enough to play any profession, or learn one which they haven't yet played at a fast pace. So buying tokens, vp or a pre-leveled toon wouldn't really affect the game itself.

Regarding buffing items, not sure yet.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

this has already been posted, but Ima post it again just in case someone relevant didn't see it yet; when mouse cursor is moved near edge of screen with windowed mode, the cursor freezes for a split second and freaks out sometimes. Im absolutely positive Im not the only one experiencing this. using BFGGTX 8800oc graphics card (yeah, its ancient but whatever) on windows vista if thats of any help.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

1k tokens sold for 500m on RK2

Yes, it's official: people are trading RL money for creds in a FC-sanctioned way.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    1k tokens sold for 500m on RK2

Yes, it's official: people are trading RL money for creds in a FC-sanctioned way.
    1. I talked to the guy and he hasn't actually gotten any real offers

2. He has three accounts, no RL money was needed

3. If someone is stupid enough to pay credits for tokens, then let them
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Ah ok so they're still determining the exchange rate for RL money to creds
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Idon't give a damn about Changes/rebalance.
    Release the engine M*F*s so ihave some people to play with.
    Roll a toon Means and try to get an inf mish team ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdish23 View Post
    Idon't give a damn about Changes/rebalance.
    Release the engine M*F*s so ihave some people to play with.
    Roll a toon Means and try to get an inf mish team ;D
    They put a singleplayer in a MMO, so you don't have to MMO while you singleplayer.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegetank View Post
    1. I talked to the guy and he hasn't actually gotten any real offers

2. He has three accounts, no RL money was needed

3. If someone is stupid enough to pay credits for tokens, then let them

That business seems to work better on RK1. Will be curious to see if it balances out at the level that 3rd parties sell credits for. (arbitrage and all)

I am sorry...but supporting non-standardized OS's is not a path I am willing to commit to.
    Hokay time to update Minimum/Recommended Hardware cause I know if I tried to install it on p2 with a gig of free space it would say no. Hard to get new players looking at the game when the website isn't up-to-date or informative.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    Hokay time to update Minimum/Recommended Hardware cause I know if I tried to install it on p2 with a gig of free space it would say no. Hard to get new players looking at the game when the website isn't up-to-date or informative.
    Anyone tried to run AO on 28.8 modem? Maybe they are waiting for new engine, but still 8MB ram on GPU? 128MB ram on system? ME? Seriously, time to update...

BTW, EDGE/GPRS isn't good option for AO, 3G HSDPA works somewhat but isn't too good...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Anyone tried to run AO on 28.8 modem? Maybe they are waiting for new engine, but still 8MB ram on GPU? 128MB ram on system? ME? Seriously, time to update...

BTW, EDGE/GPRS isn't good option for AO, 3G HSDPA works somewhat but isn't too good...
    EDGE works fine, I've done dual logged non-instanced Pande runs with it. The issue with GSM modem traffic is that centrals are well equipped to handle the communication in the GSM band. It's the traffic from your central into the main central that's an issue.

Often the landline connection consists of nothing more than a single ADSL line, number of people and their activities on your central also affect latency.
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

We have not excluded anyone who was running an OS officially supported by Anarchy Online. I'm also certain that a workaround will be found for this by the communities that made it possible in the first place. I might not be today and it might not be tomorrow...but someone will figure it out. Our product works just fine...it is someone else's that is broken.

Unfortunately what we can't afford is dedicating significant resource to supporting an OS used by 1.4% of our player base. Who knows how many different variants of Linux makes up that 1.4%...and how many issues might need to be addressed to fix them all?

I certainly feel for those who can no longer log in. But first off, simply "disabling" Awesomium is not as trivial on a technical level as people would like to think. Going forward this browser is likely going to become more and more important to the way the game is displayed/played and supported...not less (and no..the ability to view the item shop is not important.). For example ("maybe's" not planned for yet) viewing the GMS, interacting with Customer Service, viewing content for in-game events calendar and possibly even more may well use this technology...so turning it "off" now isn't a good long term solution.

I am sorry...but supporting non-standardized OS's is not a path I am willing to commit to.
    How many variants make up that 1.4% is completely irrelevant. Hundreds of different distributions doesn't mean there's hundreds of different OSes that behave completely differently.

Take the "we don't support Linux" stance, fine, as I said with regards to the buyable items it all just cements the decision to not renew, but don't make up crap as a justification for a statement when Funcom could have easily not made things difficult for the Linux community while not officially supporting it.

Incidentally, Fallout New Vegas is the first game in years to make me set up a Windows dual boot. Anarchy Online did not and will not. That should tell you something.

I'm very curious to know how FC are getting that "1.4%" number, when there's no way of differentiating between wine and different Windows versions.
    Last edited by Hacre; Nov 20th, 2010 at 16:35:29.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I want Ao to run on my iphone and my old sx286 33mhz else i quit AO!!

:P

What does it actually matter. Noone today has such ancient specs. You can't even browse the internet with that.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by ebondevil View Post
    the new engine will (hopefully) bring more players, and you can't dump a load of new players right into the midst of a rebalancing and expect them to stay around.
    qft.

I noticed AO doesn't run on my Amiga 1200, equipped with acceleration card (that's with 68030 @ 28,4 MHz people). WTF FC?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    I noticed AO doesn't run on my Amiga 1200, equipped with acceleration card (that's with 68030 @ 28,4 MHz people). WTF FC?
    Odd! It runs on my 286 just fine, but only if I flip the turbo switch. Making it do 12mhz instead of 10mhz. Wish FC had planned for us people who play with a monochrome screen tho!

yeah monochrome screen ftw

The Anarchy Online store is up and running...and the sky has not fallen.
    Some one hasnt spoken to the bods in accounts and seen the amount of people who have cancled in protest.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    Some one hasnt spoken to the bods in accounts and seen the amount of people who have cancled in protest.
    Count Von Count says: TWO!

http://www.sesamestreet.org/cms_serv...-3f408a4274b3&
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast