Thread: paid points funcom credits or whatnot

paid points funcom credits or whatnot

Ok so I've already forgotten what FC decided to call the new paid points, but I was just wondering on a few things. These are points you buy from FC $10 per 1200pts. I havent purchased a single point yet have 3660 I know we were rewarded with Xpts when it was started and get xpts for paying our sub fees, and I've used some up on phasefront stuff... but...

If the points don't expire, you're awarded points for continuing your subscription and points are character based not account based... why would I buy points if I get points by rolling a new character?

How will this work with the level boosts if I wait long enough to get the ####pts needed to get level boosts from 1-199? I roll a new character and order "ding 199". Am I missing something here about the business plan? Why buy when I get it for free?

I see a few items in the shop for more than I have... but not too many. This is going to be the new vet points where after enough time you can buy every item yet still have more points. Everyone dumps vet points on tokens... won't everyone dump points on level boosts and negate a vast portion of the game in this manner?

I have yet to test and have not found an answer by searching or asking in game. With the change of name for the points are they also treated differently? If one character uses X points does the other characters and all future characters have X less points available?
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

You get 1400 per yearly subscription, not for leveling or making new toons.
    i think its like 600 for 6 months, and goes a lot less per cycle.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Only the points that you transfer into game and use at the Phasefront vendor are per character.
    Purchases done through the new item shop will be deducted on account basis.

..unless i have totaly misunderstood the announcements

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromotor View Post
    Only the points that you transfer into game and use at the Phasefront vendor are per character.
    Purchases done through the new item shop will be deducted on account basis.

..unless i have totaly misunderstood the announcements
    See. I couldn't find that information. I read where the points are located on the account page instead of where ever they were before... and that they are shared across all accounts you have with a funcom game. Yet I must have missed the change about character/ account point use.

TY
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig