Thread: Making a lv 60 soldier twink and need help.

Making a lv 60 soldier twink and need help.

Hai. So the title says it all. I am working on a lv 60 solitus soldier twink for BS, totw and -maybe- towers.

So far this is what I have :|

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=167123

not too impressive, but if you know of anything better, lemme know please

- and the dream mesh circuit + dark dreams is solely for the +hp.
    SOMEBODY PUT SOMETHING IN MY DRINK!

Lilsneaky - 216 Opi Agent - Endgame Coming Soon!

Proud Squad Commander of Carpe Nox Noctis

For PVP I would suggest JAME. I had a 60 solja with 150 JAME some time ago. 160ish imps but not that different setup otherwise. might have had a 6-slot..not sure anymore

Tiig FA is nice for PVM but JAME is higher damage in PVP I can promise that

I used the "froob howlet 100% guide" from AOfroobs to imp laddering and stuff..

Ooh. tyvm mate ^^.

So I pretty much had it all except a JAME is a better pvp option? ^^
    SOMEBODY PUT SOMETHING IN MY DRINK!

Lilsneaky - 216 Opi Agent - Endgame Coming Soon!

Proud Squad Commander of Carpe Nox Noctis

JAME is definitely better.

Also, bump those implant QLs. That's important. You should have at least 160s in the important slots.

Consider getting Clan/Omni shoulderpad from the quest. You're going to want a fair amount of HP as a soldier since your HP is essentially the timer until you die, and TMS just serves to slow down time for you. When building your implants, Body Dev is better for a Trox, +HP is better for everyone else.

Get some level 60 arul sabas for your wrists. HUD 1 should be an Endorphin Factory, HUD 2 should be an Enel Gil's Earring most likely. Make sure and get a +7 or better Comm Relay, and you might consider a Treatment Library in Util 2. Try and fill that other ring spot as well, either +dmg, a ring of haste (lvl locked?), something.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Supple for sleeves and boots ideally. 6 slot belt and better NCU's for sure. Low level arul's maybe, hp one's.

And as has been said, you can get at least 150 implants on without much trouble. If you are hardcore and not lazy (like I am) you can probably push the upper 170's, maybe 180's. Being the half-assed twinker that I am, 150/160's would do fine imho.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

So, how are you getting those tl4 jobe imps in?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Firstly, I would sugest other weapon choice, like Jeep+ Kyr Pistol. Pistol setup, even at this lvl, has nice support implant wise. Besides, you can Aim for ql 185 imps with no IP waste.

Then, I would use FA imp for R arm, and ql 170 R hand for Pistol, along with ql 145 Eye for Pistol and around ql 185 R wrist. If you are a trox, you can put De-hacked (if clan) Frederickson sleeves to boost up some LE armor parts (for better mods). Dualwielding Kyr+Jeep makes Attacks Burst/Fling/FA huge IP sink, but then you still not need a lot of them for nanos cept TMS.

Secondly, Useing DD ring (or AAD ring) in free sloot would be good choice aswell.
    And last, Useing VTE will bostt ur dmg, a bit, HP a lot and will get little trickledown to nano skills overall (which will make u save some precious at this lvl IPs).

Overal dmg speed+ specials will make this setup viable in PVP scenerios and in PVM.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Firstly, I would sugest other weapon choice, like Jeep+ Kyr Pistol. Pistol setup, even at this lvl, has nice support implant wise. Besides, you can Aim for ql 185 imps with no IP waste.

Then, I would use FA imp for R arm, and ql 170 R hand for Pistol, along with ql 145 Eye for Pistol and around ql 185 R wrist. If you are a trox, you can put De-hacked (if clan) Frederickson sleeves to boost up some LE armor parts (for better mods). Dualwielding Kyr+Jeep makes Attacks Burst/Fling/FA huge IP sink, but then you still not need a lot of them for nanos cept TMS.

Secondly, Useing DD ring (or AAD ring) in free sloot would be good choice aswell.
    And last, Useing VTE will bostt ur dmg, a bit, HP a lot and will get little trickledown to nano skills overall (which will make u save some precious at this lvl IPs).

Overal dmg speed+ specials will make this setup viable in PVP scenerios and in PVM.
    I stopped using my 60 pistolero soldier for PvP when 30% caps came into game. It's a major IP sink to up all the skills required to make it work, and it basically comes at the cost of a better TMS.

Back then I regularly PvPed with a JAME soldier in the same level of gear I was in, and he had a better TMS plus way better regular hits, and a fast hard-hitting burst. It was simply a better setup for the majority of scenarios. At least, that's what my experience was.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

510 stamina at level 60? right...

Jame would be your best bet.
    I use a lower ql tiig, because of the extra alpha power it has, and it gives me the ability to swap to a flamethrower, anti-mech rocket launcher, and (hopefully) a ql 100 Spastic.

Ideally you would have a supple helmet, sleevex2, and boots. 60 HP saba's are nice (100 each) and as far as rings go, either Fractured Nightmare (if you found IP to max NR) or just ql 100 (max for tl3) ring of power - physics.
    If you are on rk2, feel free to send my 60 soldier Dyson a tell.
    Shuzzy bureacrat

Hmm almost makes me want to roll a non-jame 60 soldier just to see if I can make it work...

But yeah Jame is your best bet overall.
    It has been well proven to be effective on anyone who bothers to wear one.
    And at level 60 I'd be surprised to find a prof that couldn't equip it (aside from shade).
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    Hmm almost makes me want to roll a non-jame 60 soldier just to see if I can make it work...

But yeah Jame is your best bet overall.
    It has been well proven to be effective on anyone who bothers to wear one.
    And at level 60 I'd be surprised to find a prof that couldn't equip it (aside from shade).
    My pistolero worked beautifully... until 30% caps. At that point I just retired it to PvM and haven't even bothered reworking the setup to make it viable again. I'm sure it's possible.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Yeah I messed around on auno for a bit after that post playing around with ideas.
    Looked at pistol and smg variations mostly but none of them struck a cord saying "you must build me".
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    510 stamina at level 60? right...
    Its called twinking... (And oh, you can get over 560 Stamina once those slaves are on+ring swaping+armor swaping).

From what I've seen last 2 years, JAME indeed is most viable, especially when somone wants to make Pere/Tiig (even with DD setup). Regular hit around 400-500+burst does great job. However, JOBE Pistol (overall IP usage ofr it) allow to build very high stats from imps. At 75 I had all imps(cept head and eye) ql 200, with some nice AR around 920, but used Corona for AS and trust me, in normal pvp (BS/duel - selfed anyways) it wont work. FA maybe is nice, but AS doesnt do high dmg regulary, and regular dmg from Corona is way to weak.

What I mean is all relys on ur twinking skills. If u are into heavly twinking with mutliple chains of implanting/setuping, I tell you that Pistols would be good enough to come on par with JAME and in some cases would do beter. Keep in mind that with JOBE you can get more special attack skill then burst, which will also help vs high evade proffesions (actually, its start metters at lvl 60, so I think its worth to mention).

But, if you just want to be decent, and pwn stuff at normal basis, better to do JAME. Atleast till TMS nerf you will be good, then you will be food

Regards,
    Pomi
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016