Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Request for Community help - AO & Awesomonium Now Working In Wine

hey there just reinstalled AO
    and got some new problems ...
    Im using an internet stick - it is not possible to download patches via the anarchy online patcher ...
    so no problem I just wanna do this manually ... but there r not all patches up to download

Quote Originally Posted by Eponyx
    pointed to TL patch sorry ..18.3.12_EP1 - 18.3.13_EP1 is missing
    18.4.3_EP1 - 18.4.4_EP1 are currently not on the server (April 19,2011)
    so if I dont event get this 2 I cannot play anymore !

..... is anyone able to upload something ?...

Im paying since 2002 and it is not possible to upload all patches to there ftp ...
    thats so sucky guys ...

If you're on Mac OS X and you are using MacPorts here are two customized Portfiles for having MacPorts apply the needed fixes automatically for you.

I tried out the DMGs posted in the OP but as I still had some 64bit only ports like freetype etc. I was in the position to having to "sudo port install" W.I.N.E. and its dependencies myself.

To use those port files:

1. create a folder "ports" in your home folder (usually "/Users/$USER")
    2. as per the MacPorts guide on local repositories modify your sources.conf to include a file:// line pointing to the created "ports" folder
    3. download this ZIP file, containing the customized port files.
    4. extract the ZIP and put the folder "x11" it contains under the "ports" folder you created earlier
    5. Open Terminal.app and "cd" into the "ports" folder ("cd /Users/$USER/ports"). Then type "portindex" and hit enter, so that MacPorts recognizes your customized local ports in place of the the ones from the official MacPorts repository.
    6. if you now ask MacPorts for wine's variants it should show you the following output

Code:
    $ port variants wine
    wine has the variants:
       aofixes: apply fixes for Anarchy Online
    same with wine-devel:

Code:
    $ port variants wine-devel
    wine-devel has the variants:
       aofixes: apply fixes for Anarchy Online
    Now you can install W.I.N.E. v1.2.3 (wine) or W.I.N.E. v1.3.x (wine-devel) with the patches outlined in post #47 by typing "sudo port install wine +aofixes" or "sudo port install wine-devel +aofixes" respectively.

Both wine and wine-devel worked for me.
    However I found wine (stable) to be a bit more consistent with mouse steer/look errors not happening when CMD+tabbing out and back in.

Also, don't forget if you recently did a systems update to 10.6.8 v1.1 you need to re-install XQuartz. It got rid of the corrupted frames issue for ie6 (launcher site) for me.

I also had to install "cabextract" via MacPorts ("sudo port install cabextract") to use winetricks to install "ie6".

Hope this helps.

Remarkably, AO via W.I.N.E. runs as fast if not faster than under BootCamp Vista x64.

After updating my display drivers, AO now runs faster under BootCamp Vista, subjectively speaking of course. It is still remarkable how well AO can run under WINE.
    Last edited by Flink; Aug 14th, 2011 at 14:20:20. Reason: mention installing cabextract
    Tired of having endless amounts of pocketboss patterns taking up space in your bank?

Bump this!

*thumbs up* Great post! Gonna try this on my 10.7 Lion installation at home with Macports 2.0 and Xcode 4.1.... *waits another 2hrs to compile WINE *
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbabe View Post
    hey there just reinstalled AO
    and got some new problems ...
    Im using an internet stick - it is not possible to download patches via the anarchy online patcher ...
    so no problem I just wanna do this manually ... but there r not all patches up to download

pointed to TL patch sorry ..18.3.12_EP1 - 18.3.13_EP1 is missing
    18.4.3_EP1 - 18.4.4_EP1 are currently not on the server (April 19,2011)
    so if I dont event get this 2 I cannot play anymore !

..... is anyone able to upload something ?...

Im paying since 2002 and it is not possible to upload all patches to there ftp ...
    thats so sucky guys ...
    Just want to point out that those quotes are no longer walid and the exe files are now on the server.

Heyas,

Code:
    --->  Computing dependencies for wine-devel
    --->  Fetching archive for wine-devel
    --->  Attempting to fetch wine-devel-1.3.26_0+aofixes.darwin_11.i386.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/wine-devel
    --->  Fetching wine-devel
    --->  Attempting to fetch wine-1.3.26.tar.bz2 from http://mesh.dl.sourceforge.net/project/wine/Source
    --->  Verifying checksum(s) for wine-devel
    --->  Extracting wine-devel
    --->  Applying patches to wine-devel
    --->  Configuring wine-devel
    --->  Building wine-devel
    --->  Staging wine-devel into destroot
    --->  Installing wine-devel @1.3.26_0+aofixes
    --->  Deactivating wine-devel @1.3.25_0
    --->  Cleaning wine-devel
    --->  Activating wine-devel @1.3.26_0+aofixes
    worked flawless from the scratch. Whoever needs a DMG file for wine-devel-1.3.26 including the aofixes variants foer Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) should poke me. I will put it on my public dropbox-share then.

Thanks to Flink for working out the portfile changes!

regards
    /Z
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)

Heyas,

i recently noticed that after upgrading to Lion my GMS access refused to work. I am unsure how to track down that issue, any comment from anyone here?

regards & thanks
    /Z

EDIT: This already occured before applying the +aofixes patches. So i assume its a plain Lion thing...
    Last edited by DocJones; Aug 17th, 2011 at 13:41:43.
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)

Unfortunately I haven't upgraded to Lion yet and it could be a while before I do. Even after reading up on Lion I am unsure what new feature is in Lion that could ripple through to affecting WINE in the way you describe.
    Tired of having endless amounts of pocketboss patterns taking up space in your bank?

Bump this!

Quote Originally Posted by Flink View Post
    Unfortunately I haven't upgraded to Lion yet and it could be a while before I do. Even after reading up on Lion I am unsure what new feature is in Lion that could ripple through to affecting WINE in the way you describe.
    I tried running it in Lion with the developer pre-release patch. It works, but on an amazingly slow framerate, even Parallels is faster unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Heyas,

i recently noticed that after upgrading to Lion my GMS access refused to work. I am unsure how to track down that issue, any comment from anyone here?

regards & thanks
    /Z

EDIT: This already occured before applying the +aofixes patches. So i assume its a plain Lion thing...
    If you copied over your AO install, it could be a preferences mismatch. I can't say I've tried the GMS under Wine yet.
    Guardian Creacal
    Public Forums Moderator
    Communications Team
    Operations Department
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Forums Social Guidelines

Muffins are awesome.

Hm,

my AO directory has been untouched for year (besides patching). Do you know which preferences are problematic?

regards
    /Z

PS: Oh, and i got slightly better FPS in Lion than in Snow Leopard. Overall GPU performance has improved.
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)

Codeleet (s10 & pvp)

Just for everyone's information: Wine 1.3.27 broke many things due to changes in the order that native versus built-in dll's are loaded. The problem basically broke MS Visual C++ runtimes, which in turn breaks AO. Wine 1.3.28 fixes those regressions, so skip the 1.3.27 update and go to 1.3.28 if you're faithfully keeping up with all the Wine developments.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Bump, edited the original post to add the DMG files for Mac OS X 10.7 (wine-devel-1.3.26)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)

I'm reposting my msg originally posted in the 18.4 Update Forum/Please Re-enable Mouselook on L+R Click:

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    Then the mouse issue is closed. Perhaps you could start a new thread about "how to get better performance out of Wine" since people with the know-how may not visit this thread to help you with this new issue.

Do you have the "real" nVidia Linux drivers (the one provided by and downloaded from nVidia's web site)? I had various problems with the open-source drivers that came with my distro a long time ago (the "nv" kernel module) and then things got completely fixed when I downloaded and installed the nvidia kernel module, but most recently, I've read these two threads that may be causing your problems:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ght=nvidia+fps
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ght=nvidia+fps
    Im a bit of new in Linux and Wine and although Anarchy runs fine, i too have the mouselook issue. Isee that there is a patch for wine that fixes the bug but i have too issues:

a) i have Wine 1.3.15 and not sure how to get the 1.3.17 the bugfix is written for.
    b) I dont know how to apply/compile the patch with Wine.

Any help is pretty welcome, thanx."
    "Death is only a change to be reincarnated in the recreation machine"
    -------------------

I wonder which angel I'm born with. The good angel or the bad angel? Or if both, which did i forsaken?
    God.. help me..

It all depends on how you got wine installed in the first place. Which Linux distribution are you using? Did you install wine via a package manager? (Most likely, I guess.)

There's instructions for how to apply the patch if you are using Ubuntu a page back at post #95:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...8&postcount=95

And I posted a slightly different method in a different thread:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...6&postcount=88

I have ubuntu natty and i think i installed it through synaptics.

Ill follow the walktrhough and i ll let you know if i need any further help.

Thank you so much
    -------------------

I wonder which angel I'm born with. The good angel or the bad angel? Or if both, which did i forsaken?
    God.. help me..

Quote Originally Posted by haide View Post

Now build ...
    #cd ~/wine-git
    #./configure --prefix=/usr
    #make

Now install wine
    #sudo checkinstall --fstrans=no --pkgversion=1.1.33

Answer yes to everything, add a minor comment to the package if you like, and you'll have wine installed.

#mkdir ~/wine-patches
    #wget http://bugs2.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=30775 -O ~/wine-patches/PATCH_30775
    #wget http://bugs2.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=32705 -O ~/wine-patches/PATCH_32705

#cd ~/wine-git
    #patch -p1 < ~/wine-patches/PATCH_30775
    #patch -p1 < ~/wine-patches/PATCH_32705
    #make

#sudo checkinstall --fstrans=no --pkgversion=1.1.33

Next running it ...

#mkdir ~/wine-bottles
    #export WINEPREFIX=/home/<YOUR-USERNAME>/wine-bottles/<BOTTLE-NAME>

Here you might whant to do
    #winecfg

And then to start it, finnaly run
    #wine <PATH-TO-INSTALLER>/Anarchy.exe > /dev/null 2>&1

@Asclepius, let me know how it works out

@Vhab that was prolly the most stupid i heard from you ever ...

Any one knows better feel free to correct me (this is free from my head & notes .. which i in all honest prolly ripped of from the net sometimes before ...)!
    make is not working to me

i got to the step i patch the two patches, p1 and p2 and then i enter the command make but : no targets specified.

What did i do wrong>?

edit
    looks like i forgot to compile git
    OOPS!

It is still compiling the first part, magad!

Thanx for the good walkthrough!
    Last edited by seithan; Oct 3rd, 2011 at 14:44:33.
    -------------------

God.. help me..

If you use git to download the latest version of wine (1.3.29) then you don't need the first patch, only the mouse (second) patch.

Did you change directory into the directory where you downloaded the wine source code? (ie wine-git in haide's example?)

Did the patch(es) apply correctly? You should NOT get any messages like "1 out of 1 hunk FAILED"

Did you run "configure"? In order for make to work, you need to be inside the directory where you downloaded wine, and a file named "Makefile" (which is generated by the configure script) must exist.

And you should changed the "--pkgversion=1.1.33" to "--pkgversion=1.3.29" if you downloaded the latest version of wine.

Damnit last checkinstall produced an error while making Wine.

Wine works, loads, AO doesnt!

*facepalm*
    -------------------

God.. help me..

Quote Originally Posted by seithan View Post
    Damnit last checkinstall produced an error while making Wine.

Wine works, loads, AO doesnt!
    Could you please be a little more specific in your responses so that we can help troubleshoot your problems. For example:

What error message did checkinstall produce?

What were you able to do with wine? How were you able to confirm that wine works?

In what way does AO not work? Does the initial logon screen fail to come up? Are you able to logon but the game crashes immediately? Does AO come up, but your mouse fails to move the camera?

If you have successfully installed a recent version of wine, then you probably need to install all some necessary components in order for AO to work. Usually that involves downloading winetricks (http://winetricks.org/winetricks) and running it with the following command:

winetricks dotnet20 corefonts fontfix ie6 vcrun2005 vcrun6 vcrun2008

(that's what I usually install in order to get AO, ClickSaver, and AOIS working)

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    Could you please be a little more specific in your responses so that we can help troubleshoot your problems. For example:

What error message did checkinstall produce?

What were you able to do with wine? How were you able to confirm that wine works?

/
    When i said Wine works, it was loading the setup screen for video/audio , drives and etc.
    /

In what way does AO not work? Does the initial logon screen fail to come up? Are you able to logon but the game crashes immediately? Does AO come up, but your mouse fails to move the camera?

/AO client would load, i was inputing account name and pass, press play and the game would crash every time. I didnt keep the error message
    /

If you have successfully installed a recent version of wine, then you probably need to install all some necessary components in order for AO to work. Usually that involves downloading winetricks (http://winetricks.org/winetricks) and running it with the following command:

winetricks dotnet20 corefonts fontfix ie6 vcrun2005 vcrun6 vcrun2008

(that's what I usually install in order to get AO, ClickSaver, and AOIS working)

/
    I finally opened the synaptics and even though at the begging couldnt unintall the wine installations (some broken packages or something), finally it happened and through synaptics i reinstalled Wine 1.3.15.
    Game runs like before, which is stable but no mouse look.

Win-win situation? Nope , but at least i had my AO back operational. I suck at Linux and commands
    /
    -nt-
    -------------------

God.. help me..

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast