Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18.4.1 Update Release Notes

Funcom employee 18.4.1 Update Release Notes

18.4.1 Update Release Notes
    • All "movement" bound keys have been reset and will have to be re-bound by users.
    • In chat window alt+arrows now move cursor, alt+shift+arrows selects text and arrows steer character. In other text input modes (ie: GMS fields, Mail), arrows move cursor, shift+arrows selects text and alt+arrows steer character.
    • Mouse scroll-wheel should once again work for affected users.
    • Fixed some rendering issues for ATI/AMD users.
    • Ctrl+Tab should once again change channels in the chat.
    • Alt+Enter should once again switch between chat windows.
    • Hitting the "esc" key with text selected should no longer crash the client.
    • Copy and Pasting should once again work as intended.
    • Added a chat "/open itemstore" command.
    • Corrected "stuttering" when using RMB to adjust camera.
    • Improved and fixed Key Bind systems.
    • Viewing certain item descriptions should no longer crash the client.
    • Free players should once again be able to obtain the Battlestation Daily Mission.
    • Some items broken in the previous version will once again correctly display their bonuses and requirements.
    • Adjusted difficulty in some high-level Alien Daily missions.
    • Corrected several reported daily mission issues.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    • Fixed some rendering issues for ATI/AMD users.
    Like? z-buffer mess? horrible framerate? AO now actually knows what card you have? Details please
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

You've somehow messed up the way I move in AO.

You've removed the action of the shift key to enable autorun. I used this for everything. Only now that you've removed it do i see how much I did!

You've also borked the use of shift to select different cht groups in the tab menu.

Bring this back please!

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    Like? z-buffer mess? horrible framerate? AO now actually knows what card you have? Details please
    I'm thinking he's referring to the Item Shop.

Revenue generating 'problems' have the utmost priority it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    You've somehow messed up the way I move in AO.

You've removed the action of the shift key to enable autorun. I used this for everything. Only now that you've removed it do i see how much I did!

You've also borked the use of shift to select different cht groups in the tab menu.

Bring this back please!
    Oh yes! Bring those back please.

If it ain't broken, why fix it?
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

• In chat window alt+arrows now move cursor, alt+shift+arrows selects text and arrows steer character. In other text input modes (ie: GMS fields, Mail), arrows move cursor, shift+arrows selects text and alt+arrows steer character.
    Would really like to see this reverted back a patch or at least have it optional, you made it better then made it worse than it was originally.

Please at least let us choose if we want the arrows to move us while we're typing or if the arrows should alter the cursors position.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Looking up and down works fine in 3rd person now thanks for that. Now it's screwed in first person though.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Using the global key bindings for movement (wasd) causes me to move when i type something with those letters in chat :/

Crazy changes here...

No-one at FC ever heard of that old saying, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it".

Chatted to a GM about binding movement. Seems that unlike other actions you can't bind two keys to your direction arrows. So for example, you cant bind cursorup + shift.

He wasn't sure why but atleast we agreed that you couldn't do it any more.

He did inform me that this is the way the development team wanted it though, whatever that means.

Introduce key Bindings to make using perk and attack actions easier but make actual movement less convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Using the global key bindings for movement (wasd) causes me to move when i type something with those letters in chat :/
    He did inform me that this is the way the development team wanted it though, whatever that means.
    i rest my case

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Would really like to see this reverted back a patch or at least have it optional, you made it better then made it worse than it was originally.

Please at least let us choose if we want the arrows to move us while we're typing or if the arrows should alter the cursors position.
    Yes. Please.

I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Agree with that. I used to use the SHIFT key to autorun either forward, or forward+right+strafe right (to climb up stairs in redeemed temple for example). Now it no longer works.

Even more unconvenient : formerly, one were able to run then hit SHIFT key while running (or straffing, turning as in the above mentionned staircase scenario), release keys (that is : shift and up arrow/strafe/turning) and the character was set to autorun WITHOUT stopping running.

Now, you even can't go at once from running using uparrow to autorun (Alt-Num0 or whatever key you binded) : you must stop then hit the autorun key. The little time of stopping involved (say half a second) in the process is somewhat boring when you have hords of mobs on your tail. Stopping even half a second may give mobs enough time to meet up with you and to kill you.

Please bring back the former autorun function the way it was working.

All "movement" bound keys have been reset and will have to be re-bound by users.
    oh the hate...

have some consideration for alt-aholics...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    oh the hate...

have some consideration for alt-aholics...
    You can copy paste/replace the keybindings from charcter into another characters keybindings. Just make sure you copy the entire tree node.
    shucks.. but will have to do for now until one of us makes a quick program to set keys outside the game.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

So now I don't have any movement keys on any toons and need to put in amually on every toon. What kind of messed up game have movement keys inactive as default except AO?
    And the ctrl+c to copy ingame doesn't work for me either.
    You have really managed to screw things up that has no flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    In chat window alt+arrows now move cursor, alt+shift+arrows selects text and arrows steer character. In other text input modes (ie: GMS fields, Mail), arrows move cursor, shift+arrows selects text and alt+arrows steer character.

Yes please, revert this to 18.4 commands (arrows move cursor like in any text editor, etc. That was great.) or to the commands that have been used for years before 18.4.

Or as Ebondevil said, give us the choice.

I'm sure there are reasons for this last change but the result is simply very awkward for probably anyone using chat a lot. I asked around a lot last night and I couldn't find someone liking the new system (except one person, and still I'm not sure he "likes" it; it's more that he saw some advantages for him).

So far, almost all the recent changes have been nice or even excellent. This one needs to be reconsidered.
    Last edited by Chrisax; Nov 25th, 2010 at 16:08:26. Reason: Made a line clearer
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

Left-handed <3

Thanks

BTW. If it is intentional that we can now see how much % resist you can get from any such items (example: MOTR) then thank you very much.

If it is not, then please dont change it again
    Last edited by crude4gone; Nov 25th, 2010 at 16:00:24. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    Left-handed <3
    pfft, no one should love lefties, theyre such a sinister bunch...
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    pfft, no one should love lefties, theyre such a sinister bunch...
    and other are so righteous !
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    What horrible framerates?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast