Thread: Can't choose which chat window to talk in anymore.

Can't choose which chat window to talk in anymore.

My whole GUI is setup around one global text input bar and 6 chat windows with various things in them (One for Org, One for Raidbots, One for shopping etc etc).

To switch between these chats all I had to do before was hit [Enter] and then [Tab]. That brought up (and still does) the list of chat groups assigned to that text input bar.

After you do [Enter] and then [Tab] to display chat list, you could scroll through the available chat groups with [Shift]+[Up Arrow]/[Down Arrow].

There is -no- way to scroll through the list. You have to use your mouse to select the channel now. It really annoying.

I can get used to the change [Alt]+[Up Arrow]/[Down Arrow] to scroll through past /tells and past text inputs, but currently there is no way to navigate through your available chat list.

This is a huge bummer. Really makes my GUI useless.

Pic for example (its an old pic, but still relevant): Click
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

I would also like to add that it is not only limited to chat window options... but for anything that brings up a list in your text input box.

Like /setoption , /open, /tell plus everything else!

This is driving me insane!!

Bump. Fix plox.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Massive Bump.

They've also borked shift for use to enable auto run while running.

I'm still trying to understand what they were trying to accomplish with the chat changes.
    It wasn't broke, so why "Fix" it?

I do appreciate the new ability for keybinding, but that should not be at the expense of binds and features we have come to depend on.

Please put the chat back the way it was!!!

I think they just changed it from [Shift] + up/down to [Alt] + up/down now. I had to re-read the patch notes a couple times to let it sink into my head and understand what exactly they changed to chat commands in this patch.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

rollback plx ) that damn binds had broken to much

Ninjaloot, Alt+Up/Down does not work. No combinations of buttons work either. At this current time there is no way to navigate through the list that pops up when you hit Enter and Tab

There are two different issues here:
    1. Recalling and reusing your typed history. Used to be Shift + Up arrow but now that has been changed to Alt + Up Arrow.
    2. Navigating the different Chat inputs. Shift Tab brings up the possible channels and there is no way to reach those channels without clicking them with the mouse.

I can probably readjust to the Alt+Up, but the Channel list is broken and needs to be fixed.

exactly

yes rollback on the chat bind system...remove it out of the game, and never think about ninjaing it back it!! change chat system to how it was before pls

Ahh, that does suck indeed.

bump for a fix
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

You seem to be able to select at least a few of the chat channels by pressing [Tab] and then the first letter in the channel's name. Doesn't respond to all letters and there's no way to select between multiple channels that start with the same letter.

plix fisk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling
    To be totally honest, I have no idea. They appeared one day, and I'm as curious (and ignorant) as the next guy about what they were meant for.

I agree with the poster that it's probably something that was too unbalanced. That sounds like something we'd do.

*bump*
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

Fixed..well..if you use the arrow keys for movement that is.

Make all of the (Global) movement keys inactive, then set the normal forward, Back, Left and Right to up,down,left,right.

You can now use shift and cursor up/down like before.

Ok, with that work around. It gets a little better. Wtb the highlighter to not jump to the bottom of the list when you open the list.

Also, this is just a work around that works for me and you. Im sure many others what to use arrow keys for movement too.