Thread: Paid Point Distribution

Paid Point Distribution

Just paid the first paid points I can recall (for the new shop thing anyway). Spent the first batch on a test toon. And found that the points were gone, not only from that toon, but from the other toons on that account on that server...

Which isn't the way the PP have worked on everything else, near as I recall. If one toon had 500 points and I cashed 300 points, the next toon I logged still had 500 points (from that account).

Is this a bug? Was this intended? Did I miss the memo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

They are not paid points, they're Funcom points, and they're linked to your billing account rather than individual toons.

yep. intended.

so a bank from anywhere sth for all ur toons costs like 1500 euros and not 50 ^^
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

In "Newspeak" we say: -More is less.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

As said they are now Funcom Points (FPs) and those are used in the new in-game shop. From your account page you can still convert Funcom Points into Paid Points (PPs) and with PPs you can buy stuff from Paid Points terminals that are still located near Newland but you can't use PPs in the new in-game shop. Paid Points are added to all your characters as before and Funcom Points are tied to your account and FP amount gets decreased each time you buy something from in-game shop on any toon.
    [220/30/70] Fixer, [199/24] Shade, [150/20] Trader, [150/19] Crat, [136] Fixer, [71/6]Agent, [60/6]Enforcer + bunch of other alts

I was also somewhat mislead by this. It was never really clearly stated that they worked in this way, contrary to how PP's worked. A good place for this to be explained would be, say, in the launcher. With bold text. But, funcom never seizes to amaze me anymore, especially when it comes to greed and what they refer to as customer support.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

I think alot of the confusion stems from people confusing paid points with service points.

Can't wait for the ****storm the first time someone gets hacked and finds 5000 euros was spent on the ingame shop ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Can't wait for the ****storm the first time someone gets hacked and finds 5000 euros was spent on the ingame shop ^^
    That's why you should always clear your CC number after paying for subscription.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    That's why you should always clear your CC number after paying for subscription.
    Yeah, hmm still won't help for forgoting to cancell sub, have to contact support then...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer