Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wtb shift key back in use for scrolling through chat!

Why nerf something that was so useful??
    BRING IT BACK!!!!!

Massive bump
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

Quote Originally Posted by Slackadoo View Post
    As topic says. I want the shift key back in use for chat! Using the alt is just clumsy and retarted, and u cant hold alt and arrow and fast scroll through, u have to spam the arrow key for anything to happen. Fix this back the way it was. Why ninjachange something that aint broken? Chat was working perfectly fine until u broke it!!
    You said it all! wtb chat back to how it was. It worked perfectly.
    And now it works terrible.
    Also when pressing tab to swap channels, you instantly go to the bottom channel and you have to use mouse to change it.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    You said it all! wtb chat back to how it was. It worked perfectly.
    And now it works terrible.
    Also when pressing tab to swap channels, you instantly go to the bottom channel and you have to use mouse to change it.
    you can use the first letter of the channel to switch to it also, but if you have multiple channels with the same starting letter you're fooked again, which i noted above
    + the first letter thing is really annoying and awkward.

gimme back the awesome chat
    Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

Can we have the old shift functions in chat back?

pretty please?

edit: delete this thread, I found the other one
    Last edited by Kraized; Dec 16th, 2010 at 01:37:22.
    Craized - 220/30 Adventurer
    Haized - 220/30 Adventurer
    Medpills - 220/24 Doctor

Redemption

big bump, alt is in the most awkward place :P
    Craized - 220/30 Adventurer
    Haized - 220/30 Adventurer
    Medpills - 220/24 Doctor

Redemption

We want to be able to hotkey access multiple chat channels with the same first letter, correcting typos easily, using the standard in 98% of windows software to do ctrl+arrow key to jump between typed words, those that use shift+up arrow to auto run...

What else?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

bring. shift. back.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    bring. shift. back.
    This. Please. Asap!
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Ellarisa View Post
    also about this: how do i change between channels in the same chat window without using mouse if there's multiple with the same start letter?
    Just type /ch <chat group name> in the next box and it changes to that chat channel. Like /ch team will change to you typing in team chat.
    Last edited by Pookey; Dec 16th, 2010 at 20:40:40.

If it's not broken, don't fix it. *shrug*
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Bump!

I can't see any way to rebind this btw to those saying to rebind it. I got nothing bound to my alt key that I can see.
    The nature of monkey is irrepressible.
    Silq ~ Barabajagal ~ Ubik ~ Steampunk ~ Fleshwoman & others

Bump please..scrolling is not right at the moment
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

bump bump my finger cant reach the alt GR
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Bump, an unneeded change needs changing back!
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Bumpleet hit you for 1337 points of forums damage.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

i hate the new input crap.
    That says it all. WTB the old shift-scrolling. Not to mention a fix for the spammage you need to move several letters.. *shudders*

bump. I used shift+alt to jump a whole word. And it was possible just hit shift+arrow and hold them to move cursor for few letters without pressing arrow key all time. now I can't do this.
    FIX PLEASE!!!
    Comdriver, RK2 engi and RK1 since 2012
    WTB belt for engineering tools

hjyuhjyuyhjyuhj45uhy4gftrftrg2

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Comdriver View Post
    bump. I used shift+alt to jump a whole word. And it was possible just hit shift+arrow and hold them to move cursor for few letters without pressing arrow key all time. now I can't do this.
    FIX PLEASE!!!
    I just tried it myself on the live servers and i can move the cursor just fine. alt+hold cursor moves without pressing many times and alt+ctrl moves whole words, just like shift+ctrl used to.

Funcom employee

you can use the first letter of the channel to switch to it also, but if you have multiple channels with the same starting letter you're fooked again, which i noted above
    + the first letter thing is really annoying and awkward.
    I have no problems moving in the 'tab' channel list using arrows in the current version. Also you were always able to type more than the first letter of a channel, example: "tab ot o" gives you ot ooc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12