Thread: Increased AI Daily difficulty

Increased AI Daily difficulty

Not so much a complaint more an observation to see if anyone else has noticed.

Did AI solo daily last night on my newly 220 Fixer. Only had 10 minutes so tried to do it fast and I had the mission with the kidnapped people in it (cant remember the name offhand).
    I have done this mission quite a few times now and I must admit for that particular character it has been quite easy. For other toons not so easy or nearly impossible but thats another story .
    Anyway, last night I entered, killed the initial mob and first two spawns, noticed a slight increase in difficulty after last nights patch but still reasonably easy. Then the Technician spawned.

I have around 15k Health, maxed evades and nano resist, HHAB ring, not ace equipment but certainly middle of the road, SWS X.

The technician hit me 4 times in quick succession and I was dead. Snare and fire or kiting pointless against that mob and in the small mission room. Even with long and short hots running plus using health stim I was dead in no time and had not even taken 1/3 of its health.

Now I agree some of these missions may have been a little easy, for some toons at least, but that technician was definately hitting a lot faster than it used to and for more damage.
    I didnt delete the mission so I can go back and try again with more time tonight but seems to me the difficulty may have been upped by 5 on the scale when 2 or 3 was closer to what was needed.

PS. Dont ask me what scale, it was hypothetical And yes I know lots of people will reply "Its easy easy for me" but this was just my observation from my experience.

I literally just finished spaced out on my 220 fixer. Killed the drone, then the two first spawns. Killed the 1st technician in one corner, and then I started killing the warden. Accidently got agro from the technician on the other side, but proceeded to kill the warden first, before killing the technician. I resisted perhaps two nukes total from both technicians. I agree, they hurt, but it's not impossible. No kite from my part. The area is too small for that anyway.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Pretty certain i've been able to kite in that room.

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    I literally just finished spaced out on my 220 fixer. Killed the drone, then the two first spawns. Killed the 1st technician in one corner, and then I started killing the warden. Accidently got agro from the technician on the other side, but proceeded to kill the warden first, before killing the technician. I resisted perhaps two nukes total from both technicians. I agree, they hurt, but it's not impossible. No kite from my part. The area is too small for that anyway.

Yeah thats generally the way it goes for me Strup, dont often resist the nukes myself but only take 2 maybe 3 hits from Techie before I kill it. Last night just seemed different, normally there are a few seconds between its nukes but yesterday as one finished it started the next.

Seems you didnt have so much trouble so will go back tonight, maybe I was just tired, or unlucky

The nuke frequency seems to be the same to me. I did one of those this morning on my enf. The 4 techies I licked away in one go at the end didnt seem to try and land their nukes on me faster than before.
    ಠ_ಠ

Make sure you have backyard bandage proc set, so hopefully you'll have it running by the time you get to the technicians. Other than that, the 6% hot is spamable. So get iBehe, pnh/ior, rrfe and you should be set!
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

There's definatively something fishy about Kyr'Ozch Hive Technicians or maybe Viral Fury in Spaced Out. I managed to die twice from phantom damage (no damage listed, with hp to spare).

Edit: Also, if you die and return to Felix Swicord, you get warped up just being in proximity when another player initiates dialog. Not sure if that's intended, but sure is anoying if you're still buffing.
    Last edited by Trgeorge; Nov 26th, 2010 at 09:33:42.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    Edit: Also, if you die and return to Felix Swicord, you get warped up just being in proximity when another player initiates dialog. Not sure if that's intended, but sure is anoying if you're still buffing.
    Awwww, but should know that already from all the Star Trek movies you've watched...

First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Went back in last night, did it without a problem. Guess I was tired the day before, or dreaming it