Thread: Scrolling...

Scrolling...

There has been topics like these but I don't think any of them addresses this particular problem.
    So after this new AO patch , in release notes they said they fixed scrolling or some sort .. but it didn't it just made it pain in the ass...
    Seems like the game don't register when you scroll sometimes , so to scroll something you have to scroll 2-3 times to actually get a scroll working.

For example on actions bar , you scroll to get to the second page of the bar , but thanks to the new patch you can't scroll correctly as before , you have to scroll like 3 times to get to the second bar which is a serious problem for me and it's sooo annoying!
    Or when you scroll your windows on right (wear , inv , health , map etc..) you have to scroll more than before to actually reach the end of the windows because it simply isn't registering good enough...
    I mean is it just me or what? I'm bad at explaining stuff but i hope you get my point

No its not you. I also noticed that its harder to scroll hot bars now. Its a pain in the ass, but the only upside it has for me is that now I don't accidentally scroll the hotbars as easily as before.

I still prefer the old way though.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Yes I having the smae Issue. It feels like my scroll wheel is slipping.. or or or come to think of it, it feels like it has mouse accelleration on it.. the Just a bad version of it

I noticed too. If I accidently leave a chat window bar stay up a bit and let it scroll, it'll take several runs through the mousewheel before I can get it back to the bottom.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I also have this problem badly, takes like 5 scrolls to move 1 hotbar sometimes, so annoying and makes me lag for seconds on some spells trying to get the hotbar to move.

This is nothing new, I've been getting this ever since I've been playng AO, and I'm not getting it more often now than before (which is somewhat rare, actually).

At times the "scrollwheel sensitivity" (or whatever) goes off when the game is launched. When this happens, you'll have to turn the wheel several "clicks" to get the movement to register, while normally one "click" is enough. This is especially noticeable when trying to change the shortcutbar.

Relogging usually gets this fixed, still, it's damn annoying when it does happen, so a fix would be welcome.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Nov 26th, 2010 at 12:07:33.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I'm glad i'm not the only one...
    I get so annoyed by it because I do pvp alot and when you're in pvp you need to scroll hotbar to find something that you need (perks etc..) but because of this scroll i always miss the correct bar and i fk everything up... Please revert it back!

wtb fix.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Fix this please. For the time being it seems if you scroll SLOWLY, it works. But who uses the scroll wheel slowly?
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

This happens to me also as of the latest patch and i need a fix it makes game-play atrocious.
    ~LiquiD~

Hello.

When scrolling through imps in shop, i noticed yesterday, that i need to turn my wheel alot more often than before (i just recently come back to AO. so maybe a few months ago was last time where it was fine).

It seems to only occur, when you move your mouse while scrolling.
    If you hold your cursor still, then scrolling works normal to me.
    Somehow it focus on the item you target in that window, and not the window itself.

Hope that helps.

(hotbar-scrolling was already sloppy a few patches ago, but it doesn't bother me that much, since i mostly use hotkeys to scroll/switch em)

I also found that it's when the mouse is moving at the same time you scroll it fails. Hold the mouse still and scrolling through the hotbars works fine, but as soon as you are moving it to click the button you want at the same time as trying to scroll it fails. It's almost unplayable I rely on this alot. Taking 4-5 seconds to calm things instead of half a second, and many pvp things...

Also getting this scrolling issue, like it takes a few tries scrolling on mousewheel before the game registers it. Only happened since last patch.

Var
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Is it just me, or does it also cause scrolling to behave differently in some other apps whilst AO is running?
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

@ omutb , i havent noticed..
    BUMP btw , fix this already .. god damn

Basically, the game doesn't register the scroll while moving the mouse.

It's a bug and it will be fixed.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

What about when you aren't moving the mouse and still can't scroll properly?
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    What about when you aren't moving the mouse and still can't scroll properly?
    It only takes a really minor movement.
    You might not even be aware of it.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Ah that explains why the annoyance factor is so inconsistent. Sometimes scrolling through a text box works just fine, another time it makes me pull my hair out. Hope that gets fixed sooner than later.
    ಠ_ಠ