Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Shade Nano Changes!

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Should be like your current procs, but 100% chance to, proc on any hit or weapon special but not on miss (afaik).
    Wow thas some big ass bull**** if you ask me .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    Wow thas some big ass bull**** if you ask me .
    What? You expect for it to proc all the time?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

mh.. my take on those

Silence (nanorecharge debuff)
    Bad bad bad. Like a stun with longer duration and only based vs casters. OP on offense and defense vs casters. Utterly useless unlike stuns vs non casters both as offense and defense. Won't prevent perks - unlike stuns. Loss of stuns also makes it even harder to catch up and stay in range of targets.

Runspeed, Conceal for lower level and nanocost changes
    Great. About time.

he Shade Evade buffs no longer buff Agility - This has instead been placed in it's own line, which buffs both Agility and Sense.
    Great.... More trox shades. It cannot be allowed that they cannot hotswap their spirits! Being trox might become a handicap!

Sharp objects buffs
    Will SO be added to spirits then or is the entire point of the nanos that we can buff as much SO as a TL5 soldier / (insert artillery prof here) ?

The total amount of Martial Arts skill Shades receive through their buffing lines will now equal their Piercing skill buffs.
    Pointless without touching the MA template.

Initative buffs: Lycanthropic Rush
    Nitpicking but am I the only one that things the name sounds wrong? We're shades not freaking werewolfs... or wererats... or leets. If anything it seems to fit advies more.

Triple Wall
    Where is it? certainly not in the docs.

Piercing buffs
    Adding 30 more AR (that used to be on triple wall, *hint*) and removing 45 damage is the answer to the cries of shades for more AR and fears of being ODed by engis/crats? Personally i don't care about the damages but it seems odd.

Proc changes
    Nice. Like the damage detaunt proc. Like the heal proc. Unsure about the evade debuff proc but actually useable now unlike nanite deprevation.
    Init debuff proc... seems bit powerfull. 6 seconds naorecharge buff and a 100% on hit -1k nano init unresistable nano init debuff? It's not taking down the nanocasters thats the primary problem.

LE nemesis nano
    I'm torn. It can be useless or OP. Numbers may need adjusting. 1500 heal for each faster attack/sneak attack/regular hit in a 10 sec duration is a lot of healing.
    Getting 2-3 hits including fa/sa on a ranged profesion during 10s for 750 hp each hit doesn't sound that great though.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Looks great, hope shade is made more playable and fun at lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebliez View Post
    - Shades are the one and only profession I believe should have level locks on all of their nanos. The removal of these pre-150 might be a bit much. Low level Shades have the potential of becoming quite powerful if given a few concessions. This would be one of them. We'll see how this pans out with perk changes.
    Yeah, phear the new TL1-2-3 shades, scourges of traders and enfos. Right. As if level locking nanos and implants (spirits ofc) of one profession heavily would not disturb them at low levels, seeing as all classic professions have their classic nanos non-level-locked.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    What? You expect for it to proc all the time?
    I expected something new and shiny that wouldnt send my proffesion back into the stone age . Where shades used to die in under 10s flat .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Now lowbies shades will not feel so gimp. And we know who will init debuff in raids.
    Fine for the mob under attack, but if it's only a debuff proc then it won't help with adds.

I expected something new and shiny that wouldnt send my proffesion back into the stone age . Where shades used to die in under 10s flat .
    Wow! Even when I still played, that was not the case anymore.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    And where is all this damage that is required to OD support professions hidden?
    It's hidden in the Proc Line A. Let's face it, we are running init Debuffs or Stun Procs now so we don't use the damage line, now we'll be able to constantly keep our target debuffed by 1K points AND get 450 damage extra on each hit. And get a 200 point heal on each hit.

For that, I'll take loosing 45 damage from Improved Puncture of the Tarasque(/Tchu).
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Wow! Even when I still played, that was not the case anymore.
    Its the exact case think about your pets for a min and how kiters handle em , same will go for us how many regular hits do you think we ACTUALY land when you add kiting/evades to the mix ? Especialy now with RS caps .

Its the exact case think about your pets for a min and how kiters handle em , same will go for us how many regular hits do you think we ACTUALY land when you add kiting/evades to the mix ? Especialy now with RS caps .
    Over 9000 hits, shades are awesome at hitting their target newblet.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Over 9000 hits, shades are awesome at hitting their target newblet.
    Yea what was i thinking

is it me or does it read shd is being hit rather harshly with the nerf stick, it was my understanding this was to be a line extended throughout levels, forgive me if im wrong is kinda late, but sod pvp, pvm which shades kinda bread an butter by, shd is pretty important tool

Personaly i dont know who to blame about the SHD nerf , i can understand in a way it doesnt fit the shade story line but who are we to judge something thats Sci-Fi . Ive been doing some BS today to try and get a number for SHD since people tend to think because of the 75% def check we abuse it . Now i came up with 64% landing ratio in around 4 rounds of BS as a 220/70/28 shade with only conc 8 perked atm rest is endgame .

Now the new heal proc you people have in mind is a total game braker for us . The way i see it the new RS line has 2 ways to go either they are pure RP buffs wich are a waste of time or our RS is getting a custom cap . In both scenarios if you involve kiting , no more stun procs synk every other telemetry ingame and roots/snares you wont do alot of regular hits , hell as it stands i do allmost none on BS i either perk or i dont not to mention the people that will stand still with high evades or any evades at all will make fun of us .

My suggestion for funcom would be pretty much rework that howl system find something that is viable or just give up and leave us with SHD rework the storyline but leave us with a viable nano . Also what i think id call fair for that nano in the first place would be something like leaving it as it curently is if we hit our target we get healed for the amount stated but once we press "q" we get half of the heal at the same tick ratio or something like that . Dont get me wrong thats the best thing i could come up with to probebly fix that proc but if overall we cant do better or neither can the devs leave the bloody thing as it is .

Quote Originally Posted by acheronflows View Post
    is it me or does it read shd is being hit rather harshly with the nerf stick, it was my understanding this was to be a line extended throughout levels, forgive me if im wrong is kinda late, but sod pvp, pvm which shades kinda bread an butter by, shd is pretty important tool
    SHD hasn't been nerfed, it's been plain removed. FC are just using the nanoline for soemthign else to save database space rather than creating a new line. That being said, the passive healing over time aspect has been included in the new Procs and has certainly NOT been nerfed; with a Shade's nanoskills we usually cast SND on ourselves for a 500 point heal every ten seconds (self damage being halved), the new procs will give 200 points of heal per hit at 220, so roughly 400 points in 3 seconds depending on attack speed which means the healing per 10 seconds has been more than doubled, almost trippled.

Oh and this new way fits better into the Shade's storyline, but that's always a secondary concern compared to he actual mechanics.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Scabadus View Post
    It's hidden in the Proc Line A. Let's face it, we are running init Debuffs or Stun Procs now so we don't use the damage line, now we'll be able to constantly keep our target debuffed by 1K points AND get 450 damage extra on each hit. And get a 200 point heal on each hit.

For that, I'll take loosing 45 damage from Improved Puncture of the Tarasque(/Tchu).
    and we lose Chtonic dissipation and ceremonial embrace. so dd increse from A-line -iPuncture iis reallly less than 5k/min
    Last edited by Otinsainpas; Nov 27th, 2010 at 08:32:59.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas View Post
    and we lose Chtonic dissipation and ceremonial embrace. so dd increse from A-line -iPuncture iis reallly less than 5k/min
    Chthonic Dissipation has been renamed and improved somewhat. It's in the nano document, renamed to Complete Dissipation, and is replacing your Nanite Depravation (which nanite depravation is being replaced by basic nanite depravation, which is renamed to Essentia of Conformity).

You'll keep the nanodrains and DoT (they get stronger), you'll lose the Embrace line completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas View Post
    We do loose these two effects, but most people don't use them a lot. I for one don't even have any DoT procs above what I could cast at level 20 and only cast my DD Proc in raidbot raids, prefering to use only the initiative debuff proc while soloing and in smaller teams; it just helps the survivability of everyone to have the mob with 750 less inits for 90% of the fight.

Most Shades I've spoken to or heard from fight like this at endgame (though there are a few different setups at lower levels), meaning than ANY damage from the Proc Line A is a bonus (as is the extra 250 inits knocked off from Line B) and the heal or detaunt just sweetens the deal even more.For PvPers it would probably have been nice to have the -nanopoint and heal actions on the same proc and have the detaunt by itself, but even if they do use the damaging procs, hey, 100% chance of an init debuff to go with them now.

Ey, I use Ceremonial Embrace all the damn time in PvE, even soloing. Then again I solo in a full-on DD setup ( bar the inf quest l-arm anyway ). If it dies faster it does less damage.

Bit mixed on these changes, going to let them stew some.

Quote Originally Posted by Waahash View Post
    Chthonic Dissipation has been renamed and improved somewhat. It's in the nano document, renamed to Complete Dissipation, and is replacing your Nanite Depravation (which nanite depravation is being replaced by basic nanite depravation, which is renamed to Essentia of Conformity).

You'll keep the nanodrains and DoT (they get stronger), you'll lose the Embrace line completely.
    thats what i said. new a-proc = 18k/min - old chthonic 11k/min - 2k/min from iPuncture = 5k/min increase. our 370k/min is not even close to 500k/min Engis in RK.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast