Thread: When you fix/adjust taunts...

When you fix/adjust taunts...

Make sure they land on the mob. After years of tanking I have seen mobs unresponsive to taunt spam and will go after some other toon because of who knows what. Could be LOS but I dont know why that would be when I am 10 feet from the mob.

What is also really annoying is when you are taunting multiple mobs while moving and the mob will decide to go do its own thing and stop coming after you and go for another person in the team.

Also, from what I have noticed I think some mobs spawn with a small absorb shield. Taunts do 1 point of damage and what I suspect that when the taunt lands on the mob that has this absorb shield it doesn't affect the mob, thats why you sometimes have to cast multiple times or actually hit the mob.

A good case study to track this down would be the aliens in the ship of a city raid.
    ಠ_ಠ

To confirm OP, I have noticed over the years that a small percentage of sided inferno mish mobs have absorb shields that they cast on themselves. i first noticed this on my soldier when every once in a while i would FA for 14750(ish) on sided mobs if first shot was a FA, and kept note of this in the back of my mind (yes, you can burst while gun is reloading, if timed properly, to anyone wondering why i start fights with FA).

Then, when i started rolling mishes with my enfo back in the summer, i noticed the odd sided mob would not respond to taunts until I, or someone else attacked it first. funny thing is, I never pieced together the two experiences until seeing this thread, and this is the first time I've ever seen this idea posted. anyway, interesting food for thought if absorbs do actually absorb taunts, hehe.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.