Thread: City aliens

City aliens

Move along, thread closed.

hi all
    With the scaling off the alien dailies, it seems that also the city-raid aliens have gone up.

I died about a minute ago on a solo city raid.

They seem to have a lot more health.
    And the nukes of hackers seem to hit every time now.

I got: 2.4k+ nano resist. 2.5k AAD.
    I am a fixer, so it's normal that i get hit by nukes. but not this hard or many times.
    4 hots, SB and all my defensive gear+perks. (Including deceptive stance (+1K AAD) did not stop a hacker from killing me with ease.
    The hacker i died on was lvl 261. All the others were around the same level.
    The extra mob seem to be normal'ish. They are yellow and don't hit me often.

It is a little weird, was this intended to make doing a solo raid nearly impossible, or a little mistake when scaling up the dailies?

Cheers

Edit: yes i was wearing hhab and everything, and recasted and equiped a new MK11 spinner before i started.
    Last edited by Xatgunner; Dec 4th, 2010 at 23:48:42.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

You were attacked with nanobots from Hacker'Uri for 4936 points of poison damage.
    I ressed, buffed, and ran back in. killed the add and assaulted the Hacker.
    Died in 4 hits.
    Was fully perked up again...
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

That damage sounds normal for a 261 hacker.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    That damage sounds normal for a 261 hacker.
    Oh yes the damage it does is normal, but the rate it hits with isn't sadly
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Same as in the Spaced Out thread, the nuke rate on aliens seems the same to me. However, maybe they nuke faster only on fixers now?
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    Oh yes the damage it does is normal, but the rate it hits with isn't sadly
    Did the place bomb alien daily on fixer early this morning and it felt as if the Technicians were nuking less than normal. Just because it felt different to me does not necessarily mean it was different. We all get good and bad luck with mobs I guess.

261 hackers have always been tough for many professions who can't handle nukes.

Use Bot Confinement on each, and get at least graft reflects, this should help considerably with nano damage.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

so it was just really bad luck by me? (by getting such high lvl hackers)

Okay in that case: Thread closed
    Last edited by Xatgunner; Nov 29th, 2010 at 17:46:10.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Yeah. You can get low, high or "normal" level hackers. It's pure luck which you get. Due to the nukey nature fixers are more suspectible - low HP and ranged so you can't interrupt, no way to shut down casting.

The difference between normal and high hacker is, for me, that I really need to keep an eye out and heal regularly if it's a high level hacker.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Reroll MP and the Hackers will be as dangerous as baby mouses

And you are an unlucky bastard.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

never seen nukes of that size from a 261 hacker, only from the 244 ones o.o

i'd say you're just unlucky though, did a ground raid this weeekend with my shade (mp and engi in city for extra alien) and only got nuked once or twice max by each hacker.
    Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

I've done a few city raids since patch and the only thing I noticed is lack of low hackers, just 242/261s spawning. Maybe this is why it's "harder"?