Thread: What if Level Boosters...

What if Level Boosters...

Only applied to professions at or below the level at which you currently have that profession? IE, you can boost an enforcer to 50, 100, 150, 199, hell even 220 if you already have a 220 enforcer. However, if you want a 199 crat, and you only have a level 75 crat, then the only option you have would be a level 50 boost for that particular profession.

Can't complain about creating "noob armies" of inexperienced players, and I'm not sure a lot of people would make use of this but I definately would. Just needs a reasonable price and not $60 for a 199 or 220, cause full accounts from other sources tend to be more affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Only applied to professions at or below the level at which you currently have that profession?
    >>5890868

>These items will only be available to accounts that already have a 220 Character as an option for those who want to play another profession at end game but do not have the time or inclination to replay the lower level end of the game another time.
    >who want to play another profession
    >another profession

That would completely ruin the point.
    Last edited by Atomsk; Nov 28th, 2010 at 07:44:16.

As someone already pointed out, even a 220 level boost would only eliminate, at most, 1/2 of the work of building an end game toon. At least 80% of an endgame toon's performance comes from gear rather than innate abilities and skills, and it's still going to take just as long to farm all that phatz for them. It's really only going to shave a few hours or days off the power leveling grind for most people who will use this and already knew how to grind new toons at peak velocity anyway.

I have a question though: Will level boosts include RESEARCH BOOST? If not, at least 1/2 of their benefit will be negated. To make them really worth paying for, they should include maxed research for the end level that you purchase as well as just the levels itself. Throwing in maxed AI levels for your selected level wouldn't hurt either. But I'm sure they've already realized this and will just sell those boosts as yet another item you have to buy from item store.

I seem to recall Means saying somewhere that research wouldnt be affected by any of this stuff, so I'm assuming no. AFAIK it's meant purely as a shortcut for 220s who want to try another highlevel profession without paying for kite service.