Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Spaced Out" Turn it Down

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    I think it is a rare(ish) bugged mission where the mobs double spawn. I would guess it happens if you die or leave the mission before completing it and return for a second time. Its like the playfield respawns all the mobs when you enter, even the ones you didnt kill before.
    Could be. The thing with this mission is, a while after you kill the mobs in a corner, more will spawn in that corner (up to a certain point, it is possible to clear the room). So if OP had completed the mission up to where you get the clump, it's possible that a bunch of mobs were waiting in the starting corner.

If that's the case, a better mechanic might be to reset the room completely after player dies?

Of course, 'running diagonally' not a great idea, as is wanting to finish the mission without disengaging the auto pilot in your head. If you pay just a little bit of attention, it's pretty clear that this is not a return item mission.

I actually like this mission, it's different, and i definitely got a kick out of it the first time I did it. Now we need moar so it's not the only one that comes up all the time

1. When you enter the mission kill the little "starter" mob with one hit or so.
    2. Kill the mob to the west ( NW being defined as the corner were the quest NPC's are standing), if it's up.
    3. kill the NW mob
    4 Look for the double spawn and avoid it, keep an eye out for it, there will be one. When killing the NW and SW spots the double always occur at the NE spot for me.
    5 Kill NW, SW mobs till the Warden spawns on the center platform.
    6 Carefully body pull the Warden to the NW corner and kill him.
    7 Loot the teleport fingy and speak to the chick,give her the item, run up the platform and get warped out.
    8 Done, return to the alien-mission handler.

The only critical parts are to avoid the doublespawn and pulling the warden without getting adds.
    There is plenty of time to rest up and buff up 'tween fights.

Feedback on the posted combat log: if there was a nuker and a non nuker why didnt you kill the nuker first for the interrupts? That is your greatest strength as a melee prof VS. nukers, no? Being full def with rage up should work quite well too.

Apart from the Jimmy Hendrix ref i dont know anything about you OP, this is a very basic breakdown on how i get this mission done, the *basic* part is not meant as a putdown.
    Hope it help somewhat.

edit.
    oh and to those debating the doublespawn, i have never *not* had a doublespawn on this mission.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Taking the same lingo, I usualy do :

Kill the larva SE,
    Kill the guardian SW,
    Kill the whatever SE,
    Kill the nuker SW (hardest part)
    => boss spawns
    body pull (not FA the boss..) the boss to SW : kill it, loot thingy.
    go NW; kill medic here (single spawn)

Dont go near NE corner where 2 or more aliens have spawned upon each other (give them some wpace while they make baby aliens or whatever).

Did it on "twinked" chars, and on leveling, selfbuffed, pred fixer.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Taking the same lingo, I usualy do :

Kill the larva SE,
    Kill the guardian SW,
    Kill the whatever SE,
    Kill the nuker SW (hardest part)
    => boss spawns
    body pull (not FA the boss..) the boss to SW : kill it, loot thingy.
    go NW; kill medic here (single spawn)

Dont go near NE corner where 2 or more aliens have spawned upon each other (give them some wpace while they make baby aliens or whatever).

Did it on "twinked" chars, and on leveling, selfbuffed, pred fixer.
    Profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Bot Confinement is handy to lessen the dmg from nukes.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by noashan View Post
    If you are ever being attacked by more than one mob at a time in this mission: You made mistakes.
    It's very easy at all level ranges, think before you dive in recklessly.
    This

Best to run fast to the corner where the NPC's are, with the larvae in tow. Kill larvae, heal (if needed) then pull sw mob, kill nw medic, kill next sw mob, then body pull boss. loot, hand over item, exit.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Well, the whole idea of doing your killing from the NW corner is so you wont get greased by a doublespawn when you talk to the NPC for extraction.
    Double spawns dont happen on the spot were you are actively killing, it's not a case of 2 mobs spawning in the same wave, it's mobs being left at a spot and a new one spawning, or so it has seemed to me anyways.

And @Gridpain: There is no reason whutsoever to kill anything on the east side appart from the larvae, is there?
    I have never been aggroed by the east camps while waiting to 'port out, i think that the mobs wont agg after the 'port-out sequence is initiated, cant say for sure tho'.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

my 178 fixer can do it but has a hell of a time.

150 toons np
    "Yeah when I walk as a shadow through the valley of death I will be feared as evil!"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    [an edited wall of text detailing a bunch of AI mobs nonstop owning me with 1K+ melee and nano damage attacks]

delicious! so dramatic and full of blahs.. keep it up!

The mobs can aggro while you are porting out but it hardly matters unless you are so squishy that one or two hits will kill you.

Run this often with 150 crat, fixer, doc, thru 190 soldier, 170 trader, 170 shade; no problems with any of them. None except the fixer are twinked.

You can't just run in and aggro the room. My strat is similar to many others:

zone in and kill the mini-mob (one-shot, usually)
    kill one of the single corner mobs, either one works. Stay in the corner to avoid aggroing the mob nearest the quest NPCs.
    Proceed to the corner by the quest NPCs, and kill that single corner mob.
    Continue to body-pull a single mob from the corner you originally cleared until the Warden spawns. If you fight the mobs in the corner behind the quest NPCs, with your back to the wall, you will not aggro the Warden when it spawns.
    When ready, body-pull the Warden into the quest NPC corner, kill and loot the quest item.

If you stay in the corner(s), you will not aggro the other mobs. I usually try to clear the room with my stronger toons, after getting the quest item; that isn't too hard for most professions, as long as you can heal one nuker's damage while you interrupt the second.

I agree with the other posters here; this mission is pretty clearly structured so that a relatively weak toon can complete it, while a strong toon can clear the room if desired.

However, a bad strategy can turn any mission into a reclaim visit.

No this needs to be toned down, imo just speaking with the NPC outside NLC should be enough!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    No this needs to be toned down, imo just speaking with the NPC outside NLC should be enough!
    Yeah, that ... but tone the NPC down too... he scraches his balls... that's rude !
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

No it needs to be toned down further: The walk from grid to NPC is too long also...

Quote Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
    If that's the case, a better mechanic might be to reset the room completely after player dies?
    It does. My NT died trying it selfbuffed ( extra add, blinds didnt do anything ), when I went back it was the cocoon version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    It does. My NT died trying it selfbuffed ( extra add, blinds didnt do anything ), when I went back it was the cocoon version.
    Also meaning that you can do the mission, get the item, die and redo the mission.
    Then you will hand in the one you have in the inventory and loot the one you have killed, that way you have a spare one, for a day where you are lazy, as you can just hand it directly to the NPC and port out, to talk with the mission handler.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Just hit 171 on a keeper, and with rrfe and behe and full buffs it was a struggle. Gonna be great when I try it without those.

This coming from a guy who obviously rode bitch on teams or org to level up...

http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=1&name=Darkempire.

This is about solo missions, spanky, the ones where you actually have to play your toon to level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

This thread just got potential...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    There is no spoon either...

Sometime, Spaced out is a coon room.
    lol funny grid

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast