Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Spaced Out" Turn it Down

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rampant View Post
    Don't mean to necro this, but I've tried this mission on my TL3 shade at level 64 and at level 99, both times it's absolutely not possible self buffed. Using Kyr's on the 99 and FFB on the 64, equipped in Pred both times with good spirits for my level I just get rocked before I can even drop the first mob (after the drone) down to below half health- that's using the ToTW shoulders on a 20 minute timer, limber, full def, half def, full agg, and every other combination. I just can't see any way to do this self buffed. Is there any trick? I'm not getting too much aggro, the guys just hit for 1/3 of my health every shot. Can't survive it.
    There are some issues for certain professions at certain level ranges (and gear ranges). IMO that's more a problem with profession balance, though; character scaling in this game is terribly done, with ridiculous jumps in power at some points and long stretches of stagnation at others.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    There are some issues for certain professions at certain level ranges (and gear ranges). IMO that's more a problem with profession balance, though; character scaling in this game is terribly done, with ridiculous jumps in power at some points and long stretches of stagnation at others.
    This and the fact that the mobs can have a 10 levels range explains why the missions can range from ridiculously easy to impossible. Unless you do it wrong and it is just impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    This and the fact that the mobs can have a 10 levels range explains why the missions can range from ridiculously easy to impossible. Unless you do it wrong and it is just impossible.
    However if there is one profession that can do that mission hands down, almost afk, is enforcer. So I would strongly suggest working on your toon first.

Depending on profession, some of the mobs there could be a problem. My fixer had a lot of trouble with the nuking mobs, and I keep all my stims and various perks ready just for that one. Rest is cake.

All in all, people need to work more on their toons, identify weak points and fix those.

I just did that one with my lowby gimp Agent, who runs out of nano after 2 CH..almost died, ofc..but I know what I have to do.. fix nano cost. Then that mission will be easier.

Part of the fun of this game is to master challenges. And it's not free, it requires thinking and working. I don't think removing the challenge will make this game more fun.. it will make it more boring imo.

My 2 cred.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    I think it is a rare(ish) bugged mission where the mobs double spawn. I would guess it happens if you die or leave the mission before completing it and return for a second time. Its like the playfield respawns all the mobs when you enter, even the ones you didnt kill before.
    Confirmed bug, spawned 3 mobs on the coocoon that was supposed drop me a clump. Almost died since I didn't expect it. Third mob dropped clump.

I confirm that mission is very hard for lower level shades.
    When I was leveling my shade I remember that up to level 100-120 it was impossible to solo this mission self buffed.

I always had best/almost best spirits for my level and above average equipment but did not really twink hard before level 150 (shade became S10 twink then). However once I hit lev 150 and higher it was never any problem. I think some other professions had similar problem but only under level 100.

Something may be wrong with level scaling as for levels 150-220 it is very easy for every profession
    100-150 easy/doable and below 100 can be hard to impossible for some professions.

There may be some professions like enf/doc/adv/ma/crat that can do it below lev 100 but I have not tested it.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I confirm that mission is very hard for lower level shades.
    When I was leveling my shade I remember that up to level 100-120 it was impossible to solo this mission self buffed.

I always had best/almost best spirits for my level and above average equipment but did not really twink hard before level 150 (shade became S10 twink then). However once I hit lev 150 and higher it was never any problem. I think some other professions had similar problem but only under level 100.

Something may be wrong with level scaling as for levels 150-220 it is very easy for every profession
    100-150 easy/doable and below 100 can be hard to impossible for some professions.

There may be some professions like enf/doc/adv/ma/crat that can do it below lev 100 but I have not tested it.
    Something is definitely wrong with level scaling. Things like this just highlight it.

Part of the problem is that there is apparently no overarching balance curve. Items (and monsters) at various level ranges are seemingly thrown together at random with little to no regard for requirements, power or how these items measure up to similar items (or in the case of monsters, how they compare to an actual character). Combine that with an overly simplistic interpolation scheme that is used way too often and you start to get some really ugly issues.

edit: Oh, and I forgot title level caps on skills, which is honestly one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in any RPG. Nothing says "up yours, player" better than gaining a level, going to spend your IP, and being told you can't get any better at what you do until you gain 30 more levels.
    Last edited by drainbamage; Apr 28th, 2012 at 03:23:26.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Aliens nukes could use some scaling, they are quite hard. Normal hits can be easily evaded.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Aliens nukes could use some scaling, they are quite hard. Normal hits can be easily evaded.
    I've never had much problems with nukers on my shade though. Because I seem to interrupt casting pretty much every time when running init debuff proc. Not sure how well that works for low level shades though... been a long time since my shade was little.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Something is definitely wrong with level scaling. Things like this just highlight it.

Part of the problem is that there is apparently no overarching balance curve. Items (and monsters) at various level ranges are seemingly thrown together at random with little to no regard for requirements, power or how these items measure up to similar items (or in the case of monsters, how they compare to an actual character). Combine that with an overly simplistic interpolation scheme that is used way too often and you start to get some really ugly issues.
    Oh yeah I almost forgot how gimp shades can be at lower levels heh.

BTW the OP made a point about multiple mobs spawning on a single point. You dont actually have to interact with these mobs, but it does seems silly to approach what seems like one mob, but it was in reality 2 of the same in the same spot.

Putting a distance between the spawns wont make it *easier* but it would mean less deaths and perhaps less confusion for people who do it their first time.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Quick 'How To'...

When you zone in, face the center and take out the whatever it is to your right...
    Face center, take out the mob to your left (in it's corner)...
    Face center, take out the mob that spawns to your right (in it's corner)...
    Face center, take out the mob that spawns to your left (in it's corner)...
    Pull boss into the corner you just killed in (the one with the 2 people) and kill...
    Loot thingy, hand it to the woman (who quite frankly is more coherent than the bloke)...
    Leave...

Heal after ever mob, not a problem...

The coon room option is harder since all coons agg you and you can't use your sit packs unless you can calm all of them (and that doesn't always seem to work either).
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Quick 'How To'...

When you zone in, face the center and take out the whatever it is to your right...
    Face center, take out the mob to your left (in it's corner)...
    Face center, take out the mob that spawns to your right (in it's corner)...
    Pull boss into the corner you just killed in (the one with the 2 people) and kill...
    Loot thingy, hand it to the woman (who quite frankly is more coherent than the bloke)...
    Leave...
    I'll do ya one better:
    When you zone in kill the larvae thingee...
    Face center, attack the mob that spawns to your right...
    Drag it to the corner with the NPCs and kill it there...
    Kill the Medic that immediately spawns...
    Face center, attack the mob that spawns to your left...
    Drag it to the corner with the NPCs and kill it there...

Admittedly, there is one part where you can't heal first, but one less mob per mission is well worth it.
    Leave...
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Had some problems with my 125 doc, the room was the one with the cocoons and i was in fight the whole time so got bit low on nano after a while.

One mission i tend to ignore is the one in smugglers den, silly grey mobs attack with a gazillion hp that takes forever to kill, and the place is somewhat easy to get lost in, guess it works with say an agent with high conceal.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Sweede View Post
    Had some problems with my 125 doc, the room was the one with the cocoons and i was in fight the whole time so got bit low on nano after a while.

One mission i tend to ignore is the one in smugglers den, silly grey mobs attack with a gazillion hp that takes forever to kill, and the place is somewhat easy to get lost in, guess it works with say an agent with high conceal.
    In cocoon room you can only use heal stims (as you are always "attacked")

Smugglers Den is a paradise for Crats: mobs are easy to calm there are always good and strong mobs to charm which makes it fast and easy XP. Only problem is geting fgrid to get there fast as flying there takes well over 5 minutes.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Bumping the Spaced Out thread again.

I went to challenge it with my 201 Fixer, not twinked but not gimp as well (OFAB, Syndicate, Persisting symbs/200 impls, HHAB).
    So... Hive Guardian - OK
    Kyr'Ozch Medic - OK
    Kyr'Ozch Tecnician - Chain nuking average 4k... How I'm suposed to survive it on a 201 Fixer?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Kyr'Ozch Tecnician - Chain nuking average 4k... How I'm suposed to survive it on a 201 Fixer?
    max body dev (you're not pvping at 201 so low hp is worthless). swap in more hp gear. hotspam and stims. save alpha for that wave. get hawk5 + kmp5. easy peasy.
    Last edited by Lazy; Jun 18th, 2012 at 19:09:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    max body dev (you're not pvping at 201 so low hp is worthless). swap in more hp gear. hotspam and stims. save alpha for that wave. get hawk5 + kmp5. easy peasy.
    I had 11k HP :P If you calc you will see I can witstand 3 nukes, 4 if we count hotspam+stims ^^ I'd save alpha. It didnt ever dropped to half hp. Dunno if the FA would be enough.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    I had 11k HP :P If you calc you will see I can witstand 3 nukes, 4 if we count hotspam+stims ^^ I'd save alpha. It didnt ever dropped to half hp. Dunno if the FA would be enough.
    should be fine. at least i never had a problem with it on my fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    should be fine. at least i never had a problem with it on my fix.
    Me neither untill lvl 201. Too much HP and too powerfull nuke. :X

get a couple more levels and 300 ofab chest/hat and an infused ancient defender and crap. and a couple osb wouldn't hurt i guess.

rrfe does alot ))
    NO U

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast