Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New FOTM profession?

New FOTM profession?

Alright.. so we got some new documents here.

What are people feelings about the next love child? The FOTM profession to roll?

I know we only know about current mechanics, and things will change..

But what do people think at this point?

Who's OP with these docs?

/discuss

That silence nano looks pretty beastly...
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Crat. Business as usual for them. Everyone else is getting gimped to oblivion.

Even though crat's will be taking a hard hit with the int debuffs "fix" I still think we will be a very strong pvp profession with our new line of nukes.

This does bring worry to me however seeing how NT's nuke weaving will be probably be 5 times more powerful, and thus deadly. Least they won't have doubles anymore
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    Even though crat's will be taking a hard hit with the int debuffs "fix" I still think we will be a very strong pvp profession with our new line of nukes.

This does bring worry to me however seeing how NT's nuke weaving will be probably be 5 times more powerful, and thus deadly. Least they won't have doubles anymore
    If they get it right, people will cry to FC to get doubles back in

Too early to tell, it will probably be adventurer if funcom refuse to see sense and actually start limiting their toolset, out of these current documents though, its all looking fairly close crats definitely seem to have maintained more of their current power (yaay for still being out damaged by a pen pushing desk jockey in pvm combat!)

That said keepers don't look too bad off and shades are getting some nice changes, but so are MA's.

seeing as its the only profession that I've never bothered much with, im gonna throw Agents into the mix, and their GM-like resourcefulness they may have after rebalance.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Im so hoping they don't go over board on the agent mimic stuff, give them too much stuff and they become insane and also replace most other classes ><

Agent's. Agents without a doubt.

If I still am wasting my time and money on this game post balance, my agent is going to be so much fun.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    Im so hoping they don't go over board on the agent mimic stuff, give them too much stuff and they become insane and also replace most other classes ><
    My prediction is Mimic Doc becomes unplayable in PvP, and some other Mimic becomes the clearcut "best" that everyone uses.

I have little faith on FC actually delivering on alot of their promises, although I would like my class to be ... well, just more playable.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

You doubt that advy's still won't hold that lovechild position? You must be kidding yourselves. I don't even think I need to see the advy nano docs to think they still won't be able to tank everyone with every flavour of defensive perks, get some good hits/kills with the awesomeness that makes 1HE and run away unscathed with morph power.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 29th, 2010 at 21:25:34.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I'm pretty sure all of em will suck, except the ones that have the largest whiners on the forums.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Trox melee adv, because SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Agent should still be playable in fp doc, though my guess is the whole "casting the same heal repedeatly reduces the effectiveness of said heal" change will take affect. As a result CH won't be very powerful after 1 or 2 uses forcing the agent to use a different heal. On that note I think agents will also get access to some SL heals to make up for the lack of CH, but overall it's very limiting on the effectivness of fp doc.

But still Agent stands to gain the most from balance...especially with mimic overhaul and changes to potentially gain mimic perk lines. The perk changes themselves removing requirements and reducing attack times is pushing them into the realm of a very fast attacking prof. Large dmg from a distance in a short period of time with the ability to break root/snare/flee and conceal. Ranged shade?

Keepers look great as well...I don't play WoW but someone told me they are going to "basically be deathknights before they got nerfed". Everyone I asked regarding that comment told me that means OP as all hell. But I see nasty lockouts on the new awesome-factor on the nanos and they still suffer from horrible perk line options + lack of ME support (which should be changing). Keeper also gaining riposte/parry changes too.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    MPs.
    We're already FOTM tbf all of us just dont know how to play our prof
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Trox melee adv, because SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE.
    I'm usually in agreement but seriously, who's really bothered by melée Advy alphas?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    You doubt that advy's still won't hold that lovechild position? You must be kidding yourselves. I don't even think I need to see the advy nano docs to think they still won't be able to tank everyone with every flavour of defensive perks, get some good hits/kills with the awesomeness that makes 1HE and run away unscathed with morph power.
    LOL, well said

IIRC, Means is an adventurer when he shows up so the Advy class is likely to remain OP. I don't mind them having everything... but I don't like them doing everything well.

TBO, i really think the overwhelming advantages need to be removed from the mechanics of AI armor and other "required" items for PVP. Honestly I think that a persons skill, not grounded-for-hundreds-of-hours toolset that should allow a person to succeed. Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by fortorn; Nov 30th, 2010 at 08:17:45. Reason: Corrected continutity error
    "Can I have some shoes?"

Quote Originally Posted by fortorn View Post
    TBO, i really think the overwhelming advantages need to be removed from the mechanics of AI armor and other "required" items for PVP. Honestly I think that a persons skill, not grounded-for-hundreds-of-hours toolset that should allow a person to succeed. Just my opinion though.
    no reason to stay any longer if they ever go down that road so far.
    there are way way WAY better games out there by any meaning, offering that kind of "balance".

if they take what makes AO special... bye bye AO.

and a new gfx engine (that will make ao look like a game from 2005) won't change much - if u seen the GW2 trailers u know what up-to-date gfx are today.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Too early to say. Way too many variables.

X

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast