Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New FOTM profession?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    nanomages.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5FRPfGiC8
    Last edited by Vurtuoso; Nov 30th, 2010 at 12:51:12.

NTs deserve it imo
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

i predict from day of advy docs to day of rebalance, that people will be complaining that advies are still gonna be OP'ed because their toolset doesn't change much, and then within a week after rebalance every advy owner will be complaining on forums that something about game mechanics has stripped them of alot of defences. anytime an advy shows up in pvp, an agent, crat or NT will very quickly instakill the advy into the stone ages, resulting in the QQ fest that will ensue on the forums about how advy's have been ninja nerfed somehow. i truly believe agents may end up being the new love child. and i fear they will roflstomp everyone like backyard leets after rebalance if things go the way devs have been leaning.

just imagine if they get FP shade for a moment: they can now silence you (this may be one reason they are removing stun procs from shades), have procs running to heal drain you for 1/2 of damage done (think 1.5 aimshots plus high damage flingshot) + other proc, + root, + dots (with +dmg now affecting them), + sneak ability (nerfed perception possibly at lower levels), + shade perks (if that will even be possible due to obviously overpoweredness this would cause) and thats just one proffession I'm thinking of here. we'll see though whether funcom will allow agents to mimic/FP shades with rebalance, because if they don't, I might look into making an NT Agent, as that will be a very interesting juggling-act.

*edit* i meant, an AgeNT
    Last edited by SoulTarder; Nov 30th, 2010 at 17:46:17.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva View Post
    I'm usually in agreement but seriously, who's really bothered by melée Advy alphas?
    Who said it's about alphas?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    We're already FOTM tbf all of us just dont know how to play our prof
    def not going tigress that's for sure

Wow, Agent FP NT could be the new lovechild? Based on what info? We haven't even seen either profs nano documentation and the agent perk documents ... not so thrilling.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

it should clearly be the nanomage martial artist using grenade/heavy weapon!

And not just because I have one!

¬_¬

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    MPs.
    The Goddess of Infinity Fury will hear thou and bless thou.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I would like that an MP to get some OP loving. Its my favorite class by far.. I just cannot play them due to the level of gimpness they are. Sure tigress is great but that was a terrible fix that felt like FC just threw it in to shut MPs up.
    "Can I have some shoes?"

I think the talk about lovechild is silly, because in all fairness Adv's have always been getting beat by various professions 1v1.. And well, look at their new nano cost for the heals... I bet it will be balls out high.. So nano draining any adv would be a detrimental thing.. I mean, who can't outlast the nano of a melee adv? <- If the heals are 100-150% more expensive than they currently are?

Advs normally fight longer fights, those won't be able to happen as much anymore, at least I'm willing to bet that nano will be the major issue after rebalance. An adv without nano is not a adv who's gonna stay alive for long!

As for lovechildness, who's my bet? I don't really know, but it looks like engineers/crats will be strong so far... Especially if they throw in a little pet fix ontop..
    MA's are staying pretty much the same, with some added buffs and majorely increased nano costs for their healing.. My bet is that any MA that is not in "Zazen" which we yet don't know exactly what will be, won't be able to keep healing for long at all... And MA lost alot of their explosive danger with the lockout on AS/SA. And AS beeing nerfed too, we can't tell..

I'm thinking the most interresting professions will be the ones with the biggest and hardest changes... Agent/doc/NT... This is a new way for devs to make professions in AO, and i'm very curious to see how it's done.. But from experience, any game dev is more scared of making something that's underpowered, than making something that's slightly overpowered...
    So compensating like that tendancies has it's way of OP'ing those kinds in the start....

Shade/Keeper getting some nice utility and will be palyed in a very much different manner, which is cool... I hope.

Soldier beeing very much rebuilt, with massive hp and massive regen... Will be fun to see what offense they will be gaining after losing aimed shot.

Enforcers I have no idea where they will be put, but I hope they will be less damage/more survivability..

Eagerly awaiting the rest of the docs...

But also remember we haven't seen the "General Perk" rebalance doc either... All the alien and SL perks there may be subject to big, big changes. Also we don't know if FC intend to keep Researched "perks" the same or not..

So really this project that FC is upto, is quite vast. And there will be some inbalance in the start... I just hope it's all going to make AO a better game And I think it will.
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by borriss View Post
    I think the talk about lovechild is silly, because in all fairness Adv's have always been getting beat by various professions 1v1.. And well, look at their new nano cost for the heals... I bet it will be balls out high.. So nano draining any adv would be a detrimental thing.. I mean, who can't outlast the nano of a melee adv? <- If the heals are 100-150% more expensive than they currently are?

Advs normally fight longer fights, those won't be able to happen as much anymore, at least I'm willing to bet that nano will be the major issue after rebalance. An adv without nano is not a adv who's gonna stay alive for long!
    Actually insane casting nano costs for advys will be something like coon/actobat introducion already was - a new era of overpowerness due to this nano. With unlimited sources of nano, support symbs that .. support (who would have thought, eh?) casters, and stun resist they will be even better than today. Having an advy vs enf fight as an example today it may last for some time. If proposed enf changes hit live, enf will be suck dry on nano after 1 minute (that’s not counting nano drains from ring!) and just go down. IMO hurry up fighting advys because you can at last tank them for some time, after rebalancing you may not anymore

My bets for FOTM are melee evaders due to AS changes:
    1. Advys; every single change so far made them better.
    2. MAs; great already 1 on 1, ability to suck nano / interrupt casting combined with AS nerf will make then unkillable.
    3. Fixer - not exactly melee but still evader. Already very very good today altho people playing it are affraid to say it so they dont get nerfed.

I remember how it was before doubles and evades nerf and clearly dont want to see it again.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:12:38.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Actually insane casting nano costs for advys will be something like coon/actobat introducion already was - a new era of overpowerness due to this nano. With unlimited sources of nano, support symbs that .. support (who would have thought, eh?) casters, and stun resist they will be even better than today. Having an advy vs enf fight as an example today it may last for some time. If proposed enf changes hit live, enf will be suck dry on nano after 1 minute (that’s not counting nano drains from ring!) and just go down. IMO hurry up fighting advys because you can at last tank them for some time, after rebalancing you may not anymore

My bets for FOTM are melee evaders due to AS changes:
    1. Advys; every single change so far made them better.
    2. MAs; great already 1 on 1, ability to suck nano / interrupt casting combined with AS nerf will make then unkillable.
    3. Fixer - not exactly melee but still evader. Already very very good today altho people playing it are affraid to say it so they dont get nerfed.

I remember how it was before doubles and evades nerf and clearly dont want to see it again.

I do see your point, but you really think advy's can get away with fightin in that?:P I mean who's a melee adv supposed to kill when he cannot move? And well, if an adv is in grove form he loses one of his best emergency heals which is the wolf/cat instant heal. And upon that loses the defense from wolf, or offense from cat. Then I'll tell you one thing that is for certain no adv will stay alive very well against alot of professions... Your point is infact moot. Noway a adv can successfully stay alive in tree form... Vs an MA, the adv would die from lack of heals... MA vs Adv is always close... And in tree without evades from wolf, first thing that would happen is that MA would infact perk the adv... if he's got a setup like mine, even if the adv goes 100% evade clsc. Second thing is the MA's crit swings would be too much damage to outheal without the instant heal and would be VERY succeptible for a sneak/dimach combo... As he has no emergency instant heals.

Not to mention if the Adv goes support r-wrist he loses 1he =) He has to go implant R-W...

I don't know, but I still think advs will be struggling with nano big time

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

I mean duels ofc where there is no kiting (for pistol users there may be). Mass pvp is irrelevant, its all about farming greens to get your score as high as possible, isnt it?

IVs an MA, the adv would die from lack of heals... MA vs Adv is always close... And in tree without evades from wolf, first thing that would happen is that MA would infact perk the adv... if he's got a setup like mine, even if the adv goes 100% evade clsc. Second thing is the MA's crit swings would be too much damage to outheal without the instant heal and would be VERY succeptible for a sneak/dimach combo... As he has no emergency instant heals.
    Thats exactly why i say that MA is already OP and most likely will be even better

Your theory is nice but you should consider how fast are you going to be out of nano and if you can make it in this time, especially with possible locks between unstoppable attacks and limited alpha abilities in general. My theory says that the future will be war of nano drainers and 99% people will be using alba ring

Also FOTM doesnt need to beat all the other professions, its all about being statistically better than most others. If it dies to MA it doesn’t mean it isn’t OP.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Also FOTM doesnt need to beat all the other professions, its all about being statistically better than most others. If it dies to MA it doesn’t mean it isn’t OP.
    Yes correct, but look... Adventurers don't have all that much healing with just BoL and perks, and alot of the survival tactics include either using lick wounds when getting abit lower and falling back on healing with just BoL or when the alpha is incoming... Basically you're saying Advs will be able to heal for long, but will lose a MAJOR survival tool in which decreased emergency healing really is. And they will be unable to move, and lose the defense of wolf and offense of kitty if prefered... All in order to be able to heal as they do now, and for that matter even with that 5 sec tick of close to 500 nano Adv's will have less nano gain compared to nano spent if Advs get as big of an increase as MA's got... And well, even as of today spamming bol non-stop even with R-W nano delta imp/symb actually drains nano... Very slowly, but they do.

Maybe the tree would be good against some professions, but against the majority I really doubt it would serve as a good choice...

Just mentioning a few that can end an adv very quickly if adv is not paying attention or can't use Lick wounds
    -Agents, with UBT up and whatnot adv's really can't keep up with healing if they don't have lick wounds
    -MA an offensive MA should take down an adv in tree form in one way or another...
    -Enforcer, advs without lick is alpha fodder once coon is out..
    -Engineer, I really don't think an adv can outheal engineer + pets standing completely still and not having lick wounds.
    -Crat, we have all seen the crazy nukes I don't belive that an adv can outheal that burst coming again and again, standing still tanking pets and eating nukes without having lick wounds.
    -NT probably will be prettttty insane, I think every profession will have to use the fully aresnal of defense against them.. however doubt those fights can be long, so maybe just go kitty to push hard
    -Keeper has deadly alpha, but I can't see how they will be a real threat yet. Maybe they will be
    -Shades, i want to say they can't fight long fights.. But that's a lie I guess so maybe tree would be needed to keep nano up for an adv here too, and in that case no lick wounds again would leave the adv vulnerable..
    -MP, No comment
    -Trader, No comment
    -Doc, only thought here is that a doc probably manages to fight for a long time.. So tree would definately be the way to go.. And thus beeing vulnerable to init debuffs and not beeing able to keep the HP up without the nice instants from lick wounds
    (these assumptions are made by me, who haven't played AO for a few months and taking into regards the changes I've seen SO far, which includes none for advs and some for most others. Also assuming advs will receive a huge increase in nano cost on heals.)

HOWEVER, we haven't seen the adv document yet... Maybe tree form gets an added "Reinforce Sap flow" which instant heals for 5k, on a 15 second cooldown. Again to know anything else we need to see the adv docs, maybe tree form increases healing done but removes the nano gain? Who knows

Anyways let's see more docs!=)

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Hear hear!

And that's without IP in nano pool, or hardcore CPU thingie, or usage of any other - nano cost % item, but symbs.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I see almost no consequence to nanocosts affecting Advy's. If the nanocosts do start to make them hurt in PVP, they have an easy route to swap wrist symbs for ND implants and STILL maintain their 1HE AR, just like enfos can. In fact, that may be true for almost every melee profession.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Actually insane casting nano costs for advys will be something like coon/actobat introducion already was - a new era of overpowerness due to this nano.
    Yeh. Kind of like this. Substitute friendly gank squad for the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I see almost no consequence to nanocosts affecting Advy's. If the nanocosts do start to make them hurt in PVP, they have an easy route to swap wrist symbs for ND implants and STILL maintain their 1HE AR, just like enfos can. In fact, that may be true for almost every melee profession.
    Many advies (even ranged) already use ND in right wrist. Thing is, while BoL might not be affected so greatly, SSL will definitely be. And that's a tool that's quite important in these init debuff-filled days.

But this is only assuming changes will be whatever in the future, so let's just wait and see.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Not exactly new but they will be:

Fix
    Adv
    Doc
    Trader
    MA

There u go. Evaders and healers will rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Not exactly new but they will be:

Fix
    Adv
    Doc
    Trader
    MA

There u go. Evaders and healers will rule.
    blasphemy! docs aren't op and need even more love !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast