Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roots vs Snares

Aye, the balancing of durations, breaks, FM stims etc is going to be something that will need to be rejigged a lot during beta I think. I suspect it'll be tough for FC to be able to foresee just where the balance must lie, without actually seeing it in action.

Perhaps that's why they've chucked 25% CoB in everywhere..? it may just be a placeholder waiting for the balancing in beta...

X

What if they have seperate cooldowns, would solve the problem
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    What if they have seperate cooldowns, would solve the problem
    Even if they have seperate cooldowns, the effect of roots, combined with a lower def check, makes snares weaker, and weaker.

Snares should have some inherent advantage over roots to make up for the difference in effect. I would suggest something like a longer duration, with other factors such as def check normalized.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Even if they have seperate cooldowns, the effect of roots, combined with a lower def check, makes snares weaker, and weaker.

Snares should have some inherent advantage over roots to make up for the difference in effect. I would suggest something like a longer duration, with other factors such as def check normalized.
    No, it just means you can use both. Use your root, use the snare when it's on cooldown. Still clearly has a purpose.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I'd imagine breakability will be the main difference - it really does look like the 25% chance of break is too across the board to not be some kind of placeholder... especially as there's usually 3 different kinds of Chance of Break (Dmg, Nano, Debuff) and there's no specification of those at all in the document.

But even if that were not the case, as I posted above, availability and order of usage will probably be the new factors in terms of choosing which to use when, rather than ease of landing or durations.

X

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12