Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Re-enable Mouselook on L+R Click

Please Re-enable Mouselook on L+R Click

You used to be able to mouselook when holding the left and right click buttons at the same time even with LMB and RMB mouselook disabled, which was quite convenient. I don't like using LMB or RMB mouselook because it's easy to accidentally move up or down or f up your camera in other such ways while trying to steer with the right mouse button (especially controlling jumps, etc). I really miss the ability to mouselook with just L+R combined, so if you guys could re-enable that I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Am I really the only one affected by this?
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

No ur not the only one. I dont have much against how it is now, but wouldnt mind L+R buttons for mouselook. Was handy in may situations hehe

Unhappy

I mentioned this as well in the "Right Mouse Button" thread but maybe it was missed in all the ruckus. I only noticed the change because that is how I adjust my positioning more accurately while in a yalm, hoping for a fix
    Destroyyou

I haven't been playing AO much since the Awesomium.dll, but I just noticed that I also can't use my mouse to pan or look anymore either. There appears to be a bunch of options in the preference window regarding LMB/RMB look/pan enable/disable that I never noticed before, but checking/unchecking those boxes does nothing for me. Is this a known issue? Does it affect a minority of people? When I search the forums for "mouse" I can only find 2 short threads that directly talk about this problem.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    I haven't been playing AO much since the Awesomium.dll, but I just noticed that I also can't use my mouse to pan or look anymore either. There appears to be a bunch of options in the preference window regarding LMB/RMB look/pan enable/disable that I never noticed before, but checking/unchecking those boxes does nothing for me. Is this a known issue? Does it affect a minority of people? When I search the forums for "mouse" I can only find 2 short threads that directly talk about this problem.
    Yeah they definitely changed the mouse input.

Those of us playing on Linux can't use mouselook/mousesteering at all anymore, since the 18.4 patch, but I don't believe it's caused by Awesomium.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

it's likely not linked to linux or anything as I'm running on Vista and still having the issue
    Destroyyou

Does 18.4.2 fix this? (Won't know until I get home from work.)

Quote Originally Posted by EmSeeBee View Post
    Am I really the only one affected by this?
    I get the same feeling. Wow, this is a strange issue. (18.4.2 didn't fix this, BTW.) I talk to people in my org who have this problem and hear about few complaints about no longer being able to mouse-steer or mouse-look, and there seems like there's no discussion about this problem at all in forums.

Is everyone else who can't mouse-steer ok with this? I find it virtually impossible to fly or kite using only the keyboard.

Funcom employee

... but I just noticed that I also can't use my mouse to pan or look anymore either. ... Is this a known issue?
    This is a different issue and is not related to the original post. The raw mouse input stuff doesn't seem to be supported by wine, which means you won't be able to use the mouse to control the camera in linux (if you get it to run at all).

As to the original request about R+L mouselook there are no immediate plans to add it back as the feature was caused by a bug. I might be able to have a look at adding it back (minus the bug), but i can't give you any time frame.

Thanks, Macrosun. Describing the problem helped identify what needed to be done to provide a fix for Wine. A patch has been created to restore mouse-look and mouse-steer in Wine. Refer to http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=25654 for details.

I had to switch to Ubuntu. Now, I do not know how to patch WINE 1.3.15 using the latest patch 5th/March.

I get a whole bunch of HUNK errors! I have been trying to get this FINAL patch done for days now!! AO runs fine and I NEED this RMB functionality as I do not like navigating any other way in AO.

Can someone send me a PM or w/e as to how to install this patch to WINE.

This is what I usually do:

Code:
    cd wine-src
    patch -b -V t -p1 < patchfile.patch
    This makes a backup of the original file so you can see where things went wrong. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. Maybe double check to make sure the file doesn't have strange line endings?

This is what I usually do:

Code:
    cd wine-src
    patch -b -V t -p1 < patchfile.patch
    This makes a backup of the original file so you can see where things went wrong. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. Maybe double check to make sure the file doesn't have strange line endings?
    Thanks for helping me but I still get the same issue:

[[I move mousePatch.patch into the .wine/ directory then:

$ patch -b -V t -p1 < mousePatch.patch
    patching file dlls/user32/Makefile.in
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/user32/Makefile.in.rej
    patching file dlls/user32/input.c
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 22.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 48.
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 384.
    Hunk #4 FAILED at 397.
    Hunk #5 FAILED at 436.
    5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/user32/input.c.rej
    patching file include/winuser.h
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 491.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file include/winuser.h.rej

===

Really annoying because I am new to Linux and I have never came across these errors and I kind of want to play AO....

Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    Thanks for helping me but I still get the same issue:

[[I move mousePatch.patch into the .wine/ directory then:

$ patch -b -V t -p1 < mousePatch.patch
    '.wine' is wine's default prefix folder, not the source file folder.

Cd to the source folder, same place where files like configure, LICENSE, README, etc... are located.
    Then:
    $ patch -b -V t -p1 < ~/.wine/mousePatch.patch (or where ever you saved the patch file)

and these discussions are the reason, why i don't use linux :-D
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    and these discussions are the reason, why i don't use linux :-D
    Off topic... so not getting into that discussion, except for one tidbit of irony: AO actually runs better (less lag, higher FPS -- at same settings) when running on my hardware (which is sort of old and outdated now) in Wine than in Windows. Go figure.

I have it running in Wine right now.

I downloaded the source code for WINE .15, applied the mouse patch, compiled wine then installed it.

The game runs nice, but it places like Borealis where there is high population the game will jump down to about 6 FPS.

I would say that it runs a little worse that what it did when I had Win7 and I don't want this to be the case.

Can anyone give me advice as to increase FPS? I need over 25ish for sure.

8800GTS,
    e6600,
    UBUNTU 10.10

(When I realised that I needed to patch Wine, I uninstalled the version I had and done everything through terminal/source code. Therefore, I do not think I have Winetricks anymore. I do not know if this helps for AO?)

In summary, it is playable, but I want better out of it if possible.

Then the mouse issue is closed. Perhaps you could start a new thread about "how to get better performance out of Wine" since people with the know-how may not visit this thread to help you with this new issue.

Do you have the "real" nVidia Linux drivers (the one provided by and downloaded from nVidia's web site)? I had various problems with the open-source drivers that came with my distro a long time ago (the "nv" kernel module) and then things got completely fixed when I downloaded and installed the nvidia kernel module, but most recently, I've read these two threads that may be causing your problems:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ght=nvidia+fps

Question

Then the mouse issue is closed. Perhaps you could start a new thread about "how to get better performance out of Wine" since people with the know-how may not visit this thread to help you with this new issue.

Do you have the "real" nVidia Linux drivers (the one provided by and downloaded from nVidia's web site)? I had various problems with the open-source drivers that came with my distro a long time ago (the "nv" kernel module) and then things got completely fixed when I downloaded and installed the nvidia kernel module, but most recently, I've read these two threads that may be causing your problems:

Im a bit of new in Linux and Wine and although Anarchy runs fine, i too have the mouselook issue. Isee that there is a patch for wine that fixes the bug but i have too issues:

a) i have Wine 1.3.15 and not sure how to get the 1.3.17 the bugfix is written for.
    b) I dont know how to apply/compile the patch with Wine.

Any help is pretty welcome, thanx.
    "Death is only a change to be reincarnated in the recreation machine"
    -------------------

I wonder which angel I'm born with. The good angel or the bad angel? Or if both, which did i forsaken?
    God.. help me..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast