Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pleas Dev's, please fix the new scrollwheel bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    We're aware of the issue and it's being looked into.
    Gross... you ll probably find some nail bits, food scrumbs, and maybe some hairs ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Well, I figured out how to get my scroll wheel to work now.

If I left click on the window screen for first person or zoom out, click on the sliders on back packs and chat box's; the scroll button works just fine for me now.

Before we were just able to glide our mouse over to whatever we wanted to scroll.

I ran into this getting pisssed off in the surgery clinic as it wasnt zooming in and then it started working. After realizing I had left clicked the open screen. I then tried it with everything else and it works.

Hope this helps narrow what the issue is Dev's
    Last edited by Megasis; Dec 16th, 2010 at 14:18:40.

I don't like these kinds of by-passes. I want to have it the way it as pre-18.4.

Scrolling is fubar now. How long do we need to wait for a fix?

Yes, I'm whining. But I can't exactly 'replicate' the problem. Whoever coded the new input system should be more than able to figure out what is wrong.

The only thing I can think of is that whenever I move my mouse while scrolling at the same time (even if it's just moving it one pixel on screen), the scrolling slows down/stops. Maybe the new input system for the mouse can't handle scrolling and movement as good as the previous input system? who knows...
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Don't worry. It's a bug and a fix will come.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Don't worry. It's a bug and a fix will come.
    Firstly thank you for replying, hearing nothing on a bug that has such a huge effect on gameplay for such a long time was almost as frustrating as the bug itself. Though the reason we are worried is because we know full well how long bugs like this can go unfixed, it's already been what 5 weeks or so and your reply saying you're aware of it after 1 month is the most we've heard on the subject from FC. I don't think you guys understand how much of an effect it's having on reaction time when trying to play at a high level, especially pvp. I feel like I've been playing handicapped for weeks now, we're just hoping it won't be weeks more.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    we're just hoping it won't be weeks more.
    If we've learned one thing over the course of 10 years, it would be to not hold our breath in these situations :P

Still no sign of a fix? It really is effecting my gameplay alot, comon already please. ;(

I am seriously effing tired of dying in pvp caus of this bug, why should I have to change my whole playstyle and UI because you are too damn lazy to fix this in a timely manner. Have some respect for the people that have been paying for this game for the past 7 years and do your job. Damnit I am tired of this, 5+ weeks now.
    Last edited by Geckoo; Dec 23rd, 2010 at 21:24:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    I am seriously effing tired of dying in pvp caus of this bug, why should I have to change my whole playstyle and UI because you are too damn lazy to fix this in a timely manner. Have some respect for the people that have been paying for this game for the past 7 years and do your job. Damnit I am tired of this, 5+ weeks now.
    Hey... NOW WAIT A SECOND HERE...... We needed Lasers, skis, bells, and other christmas toys first..

zzZZzzZZzzZZzz
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

**yawn**

I'm getting sleepy too.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Bump for encouraging people to use a slow, inferior mouse instead of being quicker with the keyboard.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Bump for encouraging people to use a slow, inferior mouse instead of being quicker with the keyboard.
    If you don't know how to use it properly, yes. This isn't WoW where you must bind everything because of positioning, and not touch the mouse at all cept for movement. Some things must be done with mouse, swapping gear, scrolling chat, inventory etc. These things are faster and more accurately done with the mouse.

I'm not arguing about peoples playstyle, I'm arguing that breaking a major part of the UI and leaving it broken so long is just stupid. The patch notes that broke the mouse wheel even said "Scrollwheel will now work for effected users" so not only did they not fix whatever problem was there before that I never had, but they also broke it even worse. On top of that they haven't bothered to fix it, I know they don't have many staff etc but really long would it take for 1 dev to fix it, I doubt very long at all. They found the time to put Ski's in the game for xmas a month after it was broken, it couldn't be patched in at the same time? I bet if the billing system wasn't working it would be fixed within the hour.
    Last edited by Geckoo; Dec 25th, 2010 at 12:03:43.

Bump. really really annoying.

So, I figured I was right the first time, but to reiterate; if you move your mouse in a small continuous circle while you try to scroll, say, your inventory, you can't. Which leads me to believe that if you're moving your mouse while trying to scroll, that's what's causing the problem.

Should be relatively easy to fix for the person that designed the new input system, no?

I like how no dev's posted in here yet.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    I like how no dev's posted in here yet.
    Granted, they're not in the office because the office is being moved.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Granted, they've only had a month to give us a status update on this.

Dec 1st, 2010, 09:34:55 - first post.

Dec 30th, 2010 15:50:19 - 100% reproducable 'bug' found.

Outlook; Dec 16st, 2011, 13:04:35 - Bug acknowledged.

June 8st, 2012, 08:34:15 - Fix on test-live.

Willing to put down credits on this assumption? Anyone? Anyone at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Now a days most cell phones got internet capability + keyboards built into them either through hardware or software... its not hard to type "It will be fixed soon" on from one of these phones.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast