Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pleas Dev's, please fix the new scrollwheel bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    Now a days most cell phones got internet capability + keyboards built into them either through hardware or software... its not hard to type "It will be fixed soon" on from one of these phones.
    You were saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    We're aware of the issue and it's being looked into.
    Granted, he was an intern, but it was still acknowledged.

Either way, judging from past experiences with Funcom, there are many situations where they were in the office & a fix didn't happen quickly. To think they are capable of pushing a fix to live when they have no office to access & are on a forced vacation while their offices are being moved to a new continent is bordering on insanity.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Jan 1st, 2011 at 00:55:54.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Im talking about a DEV not an INTERN.
    I'm a dev intern, which isn't all that different from a dev.
    I just don't have this fancy light background because I'm keeping my play account and identity in tact.

I'll probably get slapped for this and regret it later...
    Most of what I posted lately seemed to have backfired in one way or another, but I'll give it another go

A fix has been made and tested internally already.
    But with everyone going on vacation shortly after that and simply the way patching works, it's not live yet.
    It'll come with the next patch (unless the next one is a data-only patch, which I don't know/have control over).

I figured everyone could use a little bit of hope regarding this for the new year

edit: I posted this in either this thread or some other, but yes this relates to moving your mouse and scrolling at the same time.
    On some systems this triggers a bug where only the mouse movement is handled.
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Jan 1st, 2011 at 10:54:19.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Bit OT, but how exatly were you guys using this? I'm not able to get in game right now to goof around. If you were able to set the scroll wheel to switch bars, I missed out big... Or did you have to hover the bars for it to work? Seems a bit clunky in that case.
    RK2
    Vixi - Opifex Shade - 220 / 30 / 70 e
    Teborix - Solitus Soldier - 150 / 20 / 42 e
    Sylex - Opifex Fixer - 150 / 19 / 40 e

The next person to call anyone stupid in this thread (or even insinuate it) for any reason gets a two day forums vacation.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Thanks for the update, Vhab.

Quote Originally Posted by brbcoffee View Post
    Bit OT, but how exatly were you guys using this? I'm not able to get in game right now to goof around. If you were able to set the scroll wheel to switch bars, I missed out big... Or did you have to hover the bars for it to work? Seems a bit clunky in that case.
    You had to have the pointer over the bar you wanted to scroll. It wasn't too clunky, as you could scroll while moving the mouse across the bar.

Edit:
    Now that AO runs under Wine again, I've been able to test this for myself and I can see that the scrolling I described above appears to work as usual, my bad.
    Last edited by bratch; Jan 5th, 2011 at 22:04:01.

bump!
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

We're closing in on 2 months with a broken GUI now, and it's still not time? Just wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    We're closing in on 2 months with a broken GUI now, and it's still not time? Just wow...
    The dev's are still on vacation (3 weeks after christmas) + moving across the ocean (which will take them a very long time since they are doing it by raft).
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

(which will take them a very long time since they are doing it by raft).
    Rumor has it they will be be allowed to borrow Thor Heyerdahls' original Kon-Tiki, as the new item store did not generate enough revenue to have both the hardware and the dev team shipped in the same freight plane.

The terms for this exchange were that the entire museum's staff would get a 10 days 10% discount on social items in the item store.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Thanks for the update, Vhab.
    That ^^
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Try it on TL and report back
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Try it on TL and report back
    But I don't have any chars on TL or a TL game copy! Guess I'll have to install and transfer one if noone else has same problem with access already.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    The next person to call anyone stupid in this thread (or even insinuate it) for any reason gets a two day forums vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Stoopid.
    You really like pushing limits, don't you?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Oops! I thought "oo" doesn't count.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123