Thread: changing with the times

changing with the times

I think it's all well and good that we get a breed change along with the rebalancing, but what about our equipment? I could roll a new toon and level to 220 much faster than I could acquire a new set of endgame equipment, and I would enjoy it a lot more. I'd be much happier if we were given an opportunity to exchange certain items - for example a defensive alpha spirit for an offensive one, or one type of AI armor for another of type of the same QL. I suppose I'm not naive enough to believe Funcom would actually implement something like this, though, so it's looking like the rebalancing will be endgame for me.

I could roll a new toon and level to 220 much faster than I could acquire a new set of endgame equipment, and I would enjoy it a lot more.
    Why aren't you doing that then?

I'm against the proposal of exchanges. If you want different gear after the rebalancing, go get it. Just like when new gear comes out that's better than your existing end-game gear, you have to go and get that too...

X

Changing breeds should be a visual thingie for agent in the first place.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

There is some sense in this though. There are some really really hard to get items out there that are not tradeable.

Changing the professions could nerf some things that were very hard/expensive to acquire. If that happens these hard to get items could be rendered useless and then there will be even more useless items in game.
    "Can I have some shoes?"

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    Why aren't you doing that then?

I'm against the proposal of exchanges. If you want different gear after the rebalancing, go get it. Just like when new gear comes out that's better than your existing end-game gear, you have to go and get that too...

X
    I agree with you.

Part of this game is to work for your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    I agree with you.

Part of this game is to work for your gear.
    And the smart people will prepare for it now, rather than later when prices and demand will change.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.