Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 26th, 2010 - Spreadsheet Assault

Funcom employee Friday with Means - November 26th, 2010 - Spreadsheet Assault

Thank you to everyone who has been patient with us this week and last as we have tried to smooth out some issues that have arisen from the replacement of the input system. It isn't quite there yet...but it is certainly getting closer. A change of this magnitude was always going to come in with a few growing pains...but gaining binding functionality for customization is definitely worth it as it had been a long time requested feature. So not perfect yet...but we aren't done with it yet.

Work on the professions nano documents has been going well but at this point I think it is important to say clearly that we are not going to complete and test this work before Christmas. We knew this wouldn't be an easy process and when we were estimating the time involved we didn't budget enough time for the feedback and adjustments that would be made as the process evolved. So while this won't be out when we hoped we feel the changes we are making based on the excellent feedback provided by the playerbase will be worth the wait. After today's Shade nano document and updated versions of ALL prevously released Nano documents there will be no documents for the next three weeks as vacation for some of the team here has been delayed and delayed...but really needs to be taken before the end of the year. Please note that some previously released professions have received small changes...while others have been changed significantly based on the feedback I mentioned earlier and due to the nature of the ongoing process.

Kintaii Edit!: Shade Nano Document Discussion Thread
    Collected Balance Documentation (new nano changes up in here)

One little thing to mention here is that Vhab (despite his horrible trolling in the forums) has been with us for some time as a coding intern on Anarchy Online. While here he has helped us with more than a few little bugs (we ALL arrive with our own little list of things we want to fix), streamlined our export process from 3dMax to a new version to greatly speed up the work on the new bodies, and is currently working on moving the character selection aspect of the launcher in-game (not sure when that will be done as it is far from trivial...but it is something being worked on). It has been great to have a long standing member of the community here in the office and he seemed a natural choice for the temporary position as part of his schooling and we are very grateful for the time he has given us.

The engine work is progressing well and the tree and body work is getting done faster than I would have imagined. It is amazing the number of different "exceptions to the rule" cases we are finding in working in this area...so many lost little tidbits that is only used once and then never again seem to be discovered every day. We got the Pandemonium sky up and running and proper this week for the first time...I'm sure you can imagine how excited we all were...that is an amazing number of flying rocks!

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Last edited by Means; Nov 26th, 2010 at 16:24:17.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

First!

My life is complete!
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

ohai!

I've met quite a few of you at the Fan event in September.
    What I didn't tell most of you was I didn't fly back and started as a programmer next week

I'm glad I've been given the opportunity to work on AO and contribute directly to the community I've been part of for all these years.
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Nov 26th, 2010 at 16:21:58.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

party!
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

In before "where's the shade doc".
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

WTS first page spot, 300m!
    Somebody lied.

Last?

Two issues: Any schedule for re-itemization? Must atleast for engs...

2) So can I have zombieleet as avatar? ;D
    Last edited by Ekarona; Nov 26th, 2010 at 16:15:34.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

1st page?

Omgawd, must be x-mas soon!
    Pheddex 220/30/70 trox agent equip

Pheddy 220/30/70 soli crat equip

Pheddette 164/19/42 opi trader equip

Lavidaloco 150/17/30 opi agent equip

Tinytall 200/25/70 opi advy equip

jesus... vhab, i miss your trolls

;(

below gatess
    blah

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    omg first page!
    Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    This is so out of context regarding my quote that I don't even know how to respond...
    because i win.

World domination 101, Lesson 13: Infiltrate!
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Nice work.
    vhab: Grats on the internship!
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

In before everyone says "I told you so" about the rebalance release date

Ps. I told you so

Wowz.... Crats > Engineers > Soldiers > Shades.... w8 where's that last pet profession?!??!
    Last edited by Typeon; Nov 26th, 2010 at 16:26:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    is currently working on moving the character selection aspect of the launcher in-game (not sure when that will be done as it is far from trivial...but it is something being worked on).
    Does that mean its going to give us a "log out to char selection" in the future?
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Any word on fixing the lack of preset movement keys for characters at login, in particular new characters on new accounts that new players are rolling who won't be able to move?

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=584485
    This is my disillusioned, cynical and lazy Engi rights activist account.
    Quitter092 Placard holder
    Ophiuchus 220/30/70
    Bombqueen 75 frewb
    Lots of random non engis.

Until pets behave reliably, their stats are irrelevant.

So 6 documents to go still?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast