Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 3rd, 2010 - In the dark

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    It has been an interesting month for us here in Olso.
    Olso sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Labhaoise View Post
    Only one post on first page flip
    Noez! I r stealing 1st page!

Quote Originally Posted by Superflare View Post
    Olso sucks!
    Mjøndalen rocks!

err did i acctually write that...

Vickie
    Sovieta, Seraph - Angel of the first order
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

" What on earth would our beloved, stinking, beautiful Europe have become without our dope fiends, drunkards, homosexuals, consumptives, madmen, syphilitics, bed-wetters, criminals, and epileptics? Our whole culture was created by invalids, lunatics, and felons."
    —Moment of Freedom- Jens Bjørneboe 1966

All your base are belong to us

Frostsongr Frostsongr Frostsongr Frostsongr Frostsongr Frostsongr Frostsongr

Ohaibies!

Thermal degeneration confirm, I R wear shirt nao.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

angry birds makes hulk angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptiva View Post
    The patch never existed.... There is no spoon

I love living in Florida. just saying
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

It has been an interesting month for us here in Olso. We have just endured what has been the coldest November in apparently 100 years. Many days of -15 so far...I'm hoping this doesn't turn into the coldest December in 100 years too.
    Aren't you Canadian? Build an igloo and move AO staff into it then. j/k from a Torontonian who misses snow in a twisted way.

-15?

Pffft you Oslo-people are such wuzzies!
    Try coming up north a bit. We're outside tanning at -56!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

...as we had yet another power out here at the office...took out the whole block....Interestingly enough if I had to guess this would be about the 7th time in the last 6 months...Every time the power goes down most of our build environment takes about 12 hours to get up and running again...as of course essential systems for work to continue in the entire building have to be fixed first. Today's power failure blew out one disk and actually managed to break one of the cooling fans on one of the old machines that is central to our archaic build system...
    Looks at stuff above...

I am very jealous of members of the team who are on vacation in Thailand. Bastards.
    And you let them take the hamsters with them?
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

-56?? where do you live? the North Pole? Say hi to santa =)

We have just endured what has been the coldest November in apparently 100 years. Many days of -15 so far...I'm hoping this doesn't turn into the coldest December in 100 years too.
    -11 here today... I really thought about turning on the heater...

Days like this make me think of Galaxy Quest..."Never give up...
    THIS!
    wtf is Galaxy Quest?
    220/26 Shade, 220/26 Enf, 220/26 Crat, 220/25 NT, 220/25 Fix, 220/23 Doc, 217/24 Trader, 214/23 Agent, 200/23 MP, 171/22 Sold, 167/21 MP, 157/21 Eng, 150/20 MA, 150/16 Keeper, 150/13 Adv, 123/2 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Barbapappan View Post
    -56?? where do you live? the North Pole? Say hi to santa =)
    We go to the North-pole on our summer vacations!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

obviously, "west-african sys admins" cant afford downtimes of 12h because then they would have zero uptime. maybe you should try to recruit new staff there? but tell them about the snow and cold in norway, because that could really be surprising to them... seems like your fiscal year ends in winter as this could explain why you have no ups's but lots of hot air generators

Diesel power generators + decent UPS FTW

By now you should know hamsters hybernate during winter.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Global Warming surely strikes hard this year.

Anyways, seems the Gulf Stream is pouring all the hot water to Greenland instead of over here, if this keeps on, it will again deserve that name, while Scandinavia will turn to another perma-tundra Siberia area.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    Diesel power generators + decent UPS FTW

By now you should know hamsters hybernate during winter.
    imagine means on a hometraining-cycle-based-generator...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptiva View Post
    The patch never existed.... There is no spoon

Mrs. Means would approve (+ she needs Christmas present ideas)

Anyone have her email?
    Last edited by Trgeorge; Dec 3rd, 2010 at 17:04:46. Reason: typo
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

I always knew funcom ran on a low budget, but no genny? and, no ups? I'm sure the guys who plan out the budget at funcom right now are hurriedly digging a hole at their house to bury the cash they've been ripping off from the company all these years. I'm joking of course, but they/she/he/whoever plans the company budget should really have their head examined thoroughly for stupiditis.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Come to Brazil and you will never have those problems ;D

Btw... where I live all the eletric cable must be changed in around 2 years or less. Salinity ftw \o/
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast