Thread: Kyr'Ozch Nano Protection Ring

Question Kyr'Ozch Nano Protection Ring

The Sector 7 HHAB (Kyr'Ozch Nano Protection Ring) currently does not follow normal OE rules and requires you to be at or above the equip requirements (400 sense/psychic) for it to add its Nano Resist (and I believe all the other) modifier(s) to your stats. If you are below the equip requirements (even if you are above OE), the ring is greyed out does not add any NR at all. I believe this is caused by the same issue described by Metaing here (although Metaing was referring only to the Zone Protection modifiers on the normal/profession HHABs in that post).

Working as intended™?

/discuss

EDIT: I believe it might be base 400 sense/psychic for modifiers to be applied?

EDIT2: Apparently the Experimental Cyborg Token Board might have the same issue. Credatz to Makihran for the find.
    Last edited by thandril; Dec 7th, 2010 at 20:58:12.

The ring is missing Playshift requirements, like HHAB does
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

the same bug the signet ring has before fix +)

Also happens with Experimental Cyborg Token Board. Would be very nice to have this fixed.

Just out of curiosity, when is this possibly an issue? I mean even an atrox hits those numbers at 151 no problem and IP is plenty abundant by then...

still bump for a bug though
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Breed cap for atrox, for the abilities in question, before Shadow Levels is 400/400. At 151 its absolutely not "no problem" for everyone or every situation.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
    Breed cap for atrox, for the abilities in question, before Shadow Levels is 400/400. At 151 its absolutely not "no problem" for everyone or every situation.
    Atrox hit 400/400 @ 133. And unless your making a 151 twink, under very few "situations" will a +151 toon not have full abilities...
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

In my situation, I was a 15something opi(!) MA when I ran into this issue. I was short on sense/IP for a while because I had spent a good amount on bow/AS, piercing/SA, riposte/parry, etc. I would say being short on IP probably isn't that uncommon until 160+ for some other builds too (TSers, PvP hotswap builds, etc.). Granted, few people will stay between 151-160 as the game is now and will just level (like I did) or will figure out some way to up their sense. However, like you said, a bug is a bug and should probably be addressed regardless (although we still can't be sure if the devs consider this a bug yet).

If it isn't a bug, an item like the cyborg board should be changed since tl6 atrox can't get the 500 base sense it requires.

Quote Originally Posted by Makihran View Post
    If it isn't a bug, an item like the cyborg board should be changed since tl6 atrox can't get the 500 base sense it requires.
    Or, at the very least, they should add something to the item description to let people know that they don't follow normal OE rules imo.