Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 10th, 2010 - The view from my desk

I didn't get the 30 days free offer in e-mail either, and I also can't see it on my account page. I'm not complaining or anything, after all it's not like we're entitled to free stuff, but y'know, a free month on my frozen acc would really make this dark and cold winter more tolerable...
    Mpfha - your friendly neighborhood metaphysicist

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    "Invisible Ground" is a SL feature, Xat. Jumping over the edge ^^
    ah that stuff :P
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

BTW, why did I get free offer on 5 of my "sub" accounts (of the main one), while getting no offer on actual one that has characters?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    BTW, why did I get free offer on 5 of my "sub" accounts (of the main one), while getting no offer on actual one that has characters?
    Yep, and if it's active you get nuffing... Just like before
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

We get nothing, eh? I really do think the game itself is worth it's money!

Quit complainging about FC trying to bring back more customers!

Quote Originally Posted by EmSeeBee View Post
    wtb Ski rack backpack turning into Snowboard rack backpack on right click
    Then how would you open it to put stuff inside?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Mpfha View Post
    I didn't get the 30 days free offer in e-mail either, and I also can't see it on my account page. I'm not complaining or anything, after all it's not like we're entitled to free stuff, but y'know, a free month on my frozen acc would really make this dark and cold winter more tolerable...
    Technically, a frozen account is still an active account, usable game time or not.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Oh, that made me look again to my account page. While I got email about free 30 days to my main account the actual free 30 days is on totally empty sub account that I once created to be my 3rd paid account but deleted all toons from it after first month. Makes sense! Give free game time to empty account but not to any of the ones with toons on them! And that is somehow supposed to lure me in.... Ok, so now I understand what they did. I guess I might as well take org mate's offer and try Wow for a month instead of giving AO another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Yep, and if it's active you get nuffing... Just like before
    No, it's also frozen. But ok...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    Technically, a frozen account is still an active account, usable game time or not.
    I don't see the distinction. It says "Account status Frozen (Cancelled)" I also don't see a "proper" way to suspend/cancel my subscription, I can only change the subscription cycle and reattempt the last failed payment. I guess it's possible that accounts frozen because of a failed payment don't get the offer while accounts voluntarily suspended do, but I don't see the reason for it, unless it's an oversight.
    Mpfha - your friendly neighborhood metaphysicist

Quote Originally Posted by Mpfha View Post
    I don't see the distinction. It says "Account status Frozen (Cancelled)" I also don't see a "proper" way to suspend/cancel my subscription, I can only change the subscription cycle and reattempt the last failed payment. I guess it's possible that accounts frozen because of a failed payment don't get the offer while accounts voluntarily suspended do, but I don't see the reason for it, unless it's an oversight.
    Canceling is on the page with changing the recurring method. This stops any future and/or current pending payments from going through. And is pretty much a "no longer active" account.

Frozen means that either a pending payment is taking too long, a payment failed, and is reattempting, or its trying to bill but has no billing information to use. A frozen account is temporary, and will automatically unfreeze when payment is approved, or usable billing information is added to the account.

And course, you can't log into the game when it's frozen. you can log into the game with a canceled account so long theres still game time, though.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    uhhh, invisible ground?
    Rubi-ka is gonna change in a huge glass ball, i knew it!
    Basically it allows holes to be created in the square ground height map.
    Or allows the edge to be non-square.

It's actually surprising how few games use this.

It's most used in SL where the playfields edges aren't straight.
    And where some endless holes have been poked into the ground.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/anarchy/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&template=content&fu nc_id=2607&table=CONTENT
    the Rubi-Ka Tours Agency is offering upsightseeing opportunities in their annual Twelve Days of Christmas tour - Make sure to pop by every day for your presents and to explore the wonderful world of Rubi-Ka!
    so as it is the 13th and the patch is not ingame, it will run past Christmas eve (24th)?

Looks good though

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

I have a huge request to FC Devs, and its very important for most of us:

Please make Invisible walls NOT FORCING Cam view.

Recently I was doing Sheol quests. Learned a lot about Sheol geography, and lerned that if you walk in wrong place, you cant see a ****, cause there are plenty of invisible walls unalowing you to jump/walk (some intended, like in piramid, some no like like rocks that are, but are not...) But moving camera in 3rd PP or character itself forces camera to stick to character, almost like 1stPP and there is no way to look around to find solution of how the hell exit place u are now.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    Canceling is on the page with changing the recurring method. This stops any future and/or current pending payments from going through. And is pretty much a "no longer active" account.

Frozen means that either a pending payment is taking too long, a payment failed, and is reattempting, or its trying to bill but has no billing information to use. A frozen account is temporary, and will automatically unfreeze when payment is approved, or usable billing information is added to the account.

And course, you can't log into the game when it's frozen. you can log into the game with a canceled account so long theres still game time, though.
    Last time i cancelled my account, it got locked even if I had more than 9 months again to play. Given that the cancelling does not work flawlessly, Id rather let the account freeze and secure the full playtime (I had to send a support message to get the account reopended, and I did not even get the 2 days that it was accidentally locked, given back). Having said that, I can see no option on the payment system once the account IS frozen, to change it to cancelled. So, should I resub 1 month to get to cancel my account so that I can get free months..

After more than 6 straight years of payments I will not. As much as I respect the different definitions that you display, I still find it to be a weak excuse. If you really wanted to, there are ways to program a solution. Both for frozen and for cancelled.

If FC would say that frozen accounts are not worth giving a chance of free periods because [insert valid argument here] Id respect that. Coming out and putting the cause on the payment system is simply too weak an argument.

But hey, I dropped out of AO anyway, so dont make it a big deal.
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Does this mean that the Collector instance still exist? I thought it was a bad joke where a group of exploiters were allowed easy phatz and the rest of the player base was left with an intolerable, repetitive excuse of a farm house. Would have thought stuff like that would go the way of the dodo bird.

The instance in itself is great, as for the more devious ways of getting to the final boss you mentioned, that was fixed shortly after release.
    I did 18 hours of legitimate raiding there, 18 hours non-stop. I earned quite a few billions doing just that alone. Even had a BoC drop for my soldier.

The problem was GoC's dropping left and right, amongst other things. I made a thread about the loot table, said thread grew quite large. Followed by a subsequent loot table fix, and changes to the final boss.

As far as I understand FC did not put "new" items into the instance, as they did not want to create items that would alter the balance of TL7 mechanincs, while working on the entire rebalance of all professions.
    That being said there is no reason why FC would not be able to change the loot dropping there, after rebalance. Thus making it a meaningful place to go raid again.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

I have accounts that are frozen due to failed payment, deleted payment option and cancelled. The only one that got e-mail is the one that is not supposed to get one if I understand correctly your statment. One of my deleted payment options account got mail other didn't and cancelled and failed payment didn't. Totally random.

I got free 30 days on my MP account but since MPs sux so bad I wanted it on my soldie account (also where I stashed my beellionz) even though they're joint accounts I can't reactivate that one :/

edit: i just checked again and ackshully i can activate my soldie account n/m. I just wanted to whine about MPs thanks for listening etc etc
    Last edited by Chrys; Dec 14th, 2010 at 01:49:06.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    ...lerned that if you walk in wrong place, you cant see a ****,...
    That's not walls, then, that's "a ****". Actually, this game does lack visible "a ****".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    I got free 30 days on my MP account but since MPs sux so bad I wanted it on my soldie account (also where I stashed my beellionz) even though they're joint accounts I can't reactivate that one :/

edit: i just checked again and ackshully i can activate my soldie account n/m. I just wanted to whine about MPs thanks for listening etc etc
    TBH, the e-mail I got, actually has "klodovik" included in the url.

However, when I log in, only he doesn't have that link on the upper left corner that offers 30 free days (it offers me some crappy hardware-hungry game that I already have though, at discount - yay).

I will wait until they fix scrolling problems and stuff.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast