Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assault Rifle Settup :)

Assault Rifle Settup :)

Hey guys, I currently have a 211 soldier, that i am going assault rifle on. Now i am planing to continue on the Assault Rifle, instead of Smg settup.

I am just wondering, for you PvP (mainly) soldiers with Assault Rifle, at what parts should i go CC ? and what part ofab?
    Atm I am using CC sleeves, Head and boots, and Ofab Chest, gloves, pants, Shoulders and back.

Any opinions would be great
    Dudidamage, The PvM gimp E : 220/2x (Winning)

Facebashr: you support clan or omni ? ****: meh ****: omni =P Facebashr: that leaves me no choice. You gained 120 PVP Solo Score.

heya! I would use that setup on my soli endgame, if i had one :P its HD+AR based setup could be a nice wannabe setup for soldierz

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=124686
    Devil Inside

Bicsak
    Bicseng
    Bicsfix
    Csinicrat
    Restinpain
    Szoldzser
    Snipehun
    Bendixon
    Kingofdrain

Thanks! Was close to what i was thinking to!
    new note:
    I am atrox

Facebashr: you support clan or omni ? ****: meh ****: omni =P Facebashr: that leaves me no choice. You gained 120 PVP Solo Score.

My setup (in sig) is similar.

I recommend the OFAB chest for the HP, but that is personal preference.

Importantly get CC or CSS pants as these give more special attack rating than the OFAB. Your attack rating figure will be a little lower but you will have a higher chance of landing burst and FA.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Thanks alot! I was thinking about Keeping chest for major Hp, but was not sure if the +30 CC would be better for PvP.

DB-chest an option?

I would guess DB chest is an option, but most likely best for PvM. CC would give more Special AR as mentioned earlier = more hits on Specials in PvP

Yeah DB chest for PVM only.

Various small changes add up too like Pande red belt for stam/stren trickle down for FA and HD.
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

asr = nice attack rating
    so i would prefer a kind of def setup.
    much css/albtraum def utils, of course Research Attunement Device - Defense Level Three
    igocs, maybe a alpha brain for the ranged energy boost 119 points more ranged engery can make the differnce to perk sb with the nice RE perks

but just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Speedytrox View Post
    Thanks alot! I was thinking about Keeping chest for major Hp, but was not sure if the +30 CC would be better for PvP.
    Chest/head are personal pref. Pros and cons for each. Once they make AI3 permanent, swapping those will be workable.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Shye View Post
    asr = nice attack rating
    so i would prefer a kind of def setup.
    much css/albtraum def utils, of course Research Attunement Device - Defense Level Three
    igocs, maybe a alpha brain for the ranged energy boost 119 points more ranged engery can make the differnce to perk sb with the nice RE perks

but just my opinion
    Def setups are going away. Losing the evade buff in "Re-balance", and the need of Wit of the Atrox makes it unviable anyway. A def setup imo, just means u live a bit longer as u not kill anything (pvp).
    Because we said so.

but just my opinion
    Good luck perking anything without AR utils/huds...

i got only 3,2-3,5k (self) attack rating (depends on equip/dustbuffs) with my smg soldier and believe me, i can perk enough^^
    my asr setup with the nice def thingys would bring me to ~3,7-3,8k attack rating or so, i think that should be enough in most cases

and bringing the rebalance argument doesn#t matter, we don't know when (not rly) it comes ingame and we don't know how (not rly)^^ maybe we wont loose re perks cause they change many rebalacne plans...how knows, not me. so i will change my equipment and so on, when the "BALANCE" is ingame and i know the facts...but not now !

and if u can't perk any with asr and albtraum def and LE def utils (u can easy switch to off LE hud for the perks and then go def again...), u make something wrong. so tell me how u wanna RE perk someone with your ado brain? loosing 'bout ~100 RE attack rating... so u wanna perk the people without the Alpha brain but u wont with the def utils?
    Last edited by Shye; Jan 5th, 2011 at 15:44:40.

i got only 3,2-3,5k (self) attack rating (depends on equip/dustbuffs) with my smg soldier and believe me, i can perk enough^^
    my asr setup with the nice def thingys would bring me to ~3,7-3,8k attack rating or so, i think that should be enough in most cases

and bringing the rebalance argument doesn#t matter, we don't know when (not rly) it comes ingame and we don't know how (not rly)^^ maybe we wont loose re perks cause they change many rebalacne plans...how knows, not me. so i will change my equipment and so on, when the "BALANCE" is ingame and i know the facts...but not now !

and if u can't perk any with asr and albtraum def and LE def utils (u can easy switch to off LE hud for the perks and then go def again...), u make something wrong. so tell me how u wanna RE perk someone with your ado brain? loosing 'bout ~100 RE attack rating... so u wanna perk the people without the Alpha brain but u wont with the def utils?
    You're preaching to the choir about the Alpha brain, I use it myself, but saying you have 3700-3800 AR with defence huds is just ridiculous. You are making up numbers.

Thank's alot guys for fast response, i really appreciate it!

I think I will end up with Offensive HD settup.
    Had a chat with Questra IG yesterday, that was really great!
    <3 Questra

well manic, itz a fact
    3,7k+ ar with "def" setup, hd imps...
    but with 4 nice 230 towers, dust1+2 and 12m buff.
    this **** is called" self buffed" cause if i terminate before the duel starts and buffing me up self, these buffs are still in my ncu/the tower boni are still there

if u wanna know my ar without theses nice stuff, u land by ~3,55k+

but i don't calculate without dust/12m/towers, cause i got them...always...

and sry for the kind of discussion^^ i don't wanna troll, just wanna help
    and i got good experience with the setup i prefer, but if we all equip and play the same way, it would be boring. so feel free to use your ado brain and off stuff
    Last edited by Shye; Jan 6th, 2011 at 16:54:23.

well fair enough to you but i personally think you should spend more time pvping instead of pvming to get buffs.

as for assault rifles, I think the best way to go would be reflect/hd since passive reflects can only be removed by one prof and hd is not touchable by anyone so you can always depend on it. Soldiers have enough AR without having to twink specially for it
    Last edited by Manaas; Jan 7th, 2011 at 02:08:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post
    well fair enough to you but i personally think you should spend more time pvping instead of pvming to get buffs.

as for assault rifles, I think the best way to go would be reflect/hd since passive reflects can only be removed by one prof and hd is not touchable by anyone so you can always depend on it. Soldiers have enough AR without having to twink specially for it
    well getting the 12m d1-2 buffs with your orgmates is no big time spend

and maybe you didn't read my posts but i confim with you^^
    asr soli doesn't need much add off stuff to "twink" their AR.
    hd and "def" (reflect is def too) are nicer

Just want to thank you all for all advice, and for you'r time to help a fellow soldier

If you ever need any help from a sold /Dudidamage =)

well manic, itz a fact
    3,7k+ ar with "def" setup, hd imps...
    but with 4 nice 230 towers, dust1+2 and 12m buff.
    this **** is called" self buffed" cause if i terminate before the duel starts and buffing me up self, these buffs are still in my ncu/the tower boni are still there
    "Normally", when discussing Att Rate on here, u dont include OSBs/Towers unless u initially STATE ur counting OSBs/Towers.
    Because we said so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast