Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merge the servers already

LC areas are not an issue.. All they need to do is reset them all, we'd gladly earn them back, and have some actual fun doing so (maybe it will be more than 4 v 4 .. ha ha)

Cities are not an issue either, unless Funcom want's them to be. Every city, instanced or not, should have player shops. All player shops should be searchable and buyable from a GMS terminal. Also some sort of "apology bonus" could be given, such as 1 year rent free.

... To the guy saying this is a bad idea because "the massive population will cause so much lag", I'll just say I'm glad there are still some optimistic people playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifruits View Post
    I have yet to have any issues with RK2 population levels, it seems as quick as ever to get good teams for pretty much anything. Debump.
    That is really sad to hear, and frankly annoying. You know just as well as I do that AO is not only not what it used to be, but a very low-population game in general.

I've ran through ely plenty of times on twinked characters looking for a walking research team (talking full combined, inspect enabled etc..) only to be met with "full" kite teams of naked characters /afk leeching off NTs. My point being, that even if AO is as kind to you as you say it is, would more population hurt you? It would sure as hell help me, because I only wish I was lying about how long it takes me to find real non-afk players doing things at my level.
    Last edited by Mahdi007; Dec 16th, 2010 at 01:02:16.

Quote Originally Posted by protozo View Post
    Please stop bringing this issue up. There is no way they are merging servers with the upcoming release of the graphics engine. The incoming population will overwhelm just one server. People will complain of lag problems and more. When they see the lag (more than normal, that is), they will leave. It's not worth it.

While it may make sense to merge servers today, in a few months (give or take 3 years) when the new graphic engine comes out, they will just have to un-merge it again.
    BAhahahahaha

You think its funny? There was a guy who most likely died because of this new engine:

Quote Originally Posted by Beersoldier View Post
    I am going to start holding my breath now for the new engine to be released and a marketing campaign to go along with it. Wish me luck.
    Posted Nov 26th, 2009, 23:48:04, Last Activity Feb 26th, 2012 17:10:41 so its a new world record in breath holding but still he obviously didnt make it. R.I.P. Beersoldier
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Beersoldier. Now that is a cause worth fighting for!
    Salomar [220/30]
    Rainbowz [200/23]
    Twopairs [150/20]
    SPARTA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12