Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 18.4.2 Update Release Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    18.4.2 Update Release Notes

- Daily mission Aliens adjusted again for more challenge between level 195 and 220.
    Scale the missions based on your class.

It is stupid how the same classes that are crying because they are going to be so nerfed are also crying for "harder" content. Just make rebalance already or nerf those classes already and them they will have hard content, don't make other people go from hard to impossible.

I can't understand you FC, how do you still think that harder hitting and more life on mobs is more fun?

Quote Originally Posted by vios View Post
    I can't understand you FC, how do you still think that harder hitting and more life on mobs is more fun?
    We all know that grinding through 3 billion HP, then dying before getting the mission update and having your mission reset all its mobs, is fun. Right?

I've been soloing the missions on Test all day. I copied my 206 MP character over from live a week or two ago - and I hadn't played him seriously for many years before then. He didn't have any AI levels, doesn't have LE, doesn't have any of the new nanos, pets, armour etc and is still in his old implants from many years ago too. He has since dinged 207 and has 14 or so AI levels.... but there's nothing really that special from them. I have no expensive gear at all, nothing from Pandemonium, no flashy AI HUD stuff... nothing. It's a character that was soloed from 150 - 207, so there's no special gear from big Raid content either.

All in all, he's about as gimped as you can get. He has about 1500 evades including AAD/Shield and about 5.6 - 6K ACs.

But I've had no real issues soloing the vast majority of the daily missions. I had to adjust tactics a bit once I realised they weren't like the old ones (particularly the Ensigns) but they're comfortably doable. My reports on them are in the Test forums and are quite detailed. The new Kyr'Ozch Ensign mobs are the only ones that are somewhat difficult - and I've even soloed two of them at the same time without enormous difficulty. You need to exercise a little care and attention, but they're quite easily manageable - even for an old gimp like me.

There's one mission which can be more difficult, which is the Place a Bomb mission, which has a room in the centre with 4 mobs. The room is quite small and doesn't really allow for good selective pulling of mobs... so if there are ensigns in there, then that room can be very difficult... but it's also a room that you don't need to do in order to finish the mission, as you can reach the 'bridge' of the ship without going through it.

Honestly, if my gimped MP without LE procs, Yidira, Mortificant... using old imps, old pre-SL weapons, old armour, nothing in HUDs/Utilities to speak of etc... can manage these solo Daily missions... and particularly the Ensigns... then anybody should be able to.

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Dec 16th, 2010 at 01:09:16.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenWon View Post
    I had this long tirade all typed up, but we all know this is crap. No one actually listens to anyone except jaded OP toons and everything done to this game proves that the developers either never actually play the game themselves, or are a bunch of completely geared out toons with no chance of dying, or suffering any penalties whatsoever. Try doing anything as a leveling toon guys. Then tell us we need harder aliens at tl6-7. Try battlestations 175-214, then tell us the pvp in this game is fair and balanced. Try one QUARTER of what REAL people with REAL gear do on a daily basis, THEN tell us how awesome this game is..after youve been sent to reclaim or a garden 4 billion miles from you mission.

You guys are all completely blind.
    QFT

Wow, you totally summed up my feelings about AO right now, many other peoples too i should think
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    I've been soloing the missions on Test all day. **snip**
    Now try it on a live server.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Those Ensigns are ridiculous now. :-/

Here are the other threads I have spotted so far that are complaining about the "more challenging" changes to the AI daily missions:
    Scale AXP daily "challenge" with AI level

Petition to un-"challenge" AI daily missions (Since some people could not behave, this thread is now locked, preventing anyone else from signing the petition. Thanks a lot.)

Errrr Guys, the Aliumz Mish Difficulty is now completely ridiculous... (now merged into Scale AXP daily "challenge" with AI level)

If any of you find any additional threads about this issue, please post links to them in this thread.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Dec 17th, 2010 at 05:24:49.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

1% of the populace controls 99% of the game and feedback to fc this is the result.

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    after listening to certain people on the forums concerning level ranges (what ended up in 151-174 dead and 175-214 bs - that's really really more fair than 151-200 would have been...)... u are listening to the same people again...

..and again...

...and again...

stupid question:

why?

(btw, my lvl 60 ma can kill 20 level 60 mobs at once with auto attack on, please make 60ish mobs hit like level 200 ones so it's more challenging. that will definately enhance gameplay for everybody, especially new players)
    Bump. Ive tried one of those new missions on my 220 shade and it wasnt easy at all. Now one can say "lololl2pnaabahahaharotflreroll" but my shade does whole inferno solo including scary spider, bigots and ananasis so i simply can hardly imagine a newcomer doing it.

Id also like to thank you for keeping 151+ range dead. There is nothing better than knowing that half of your account is useless. Maybe you could take thins whinning guy (Jekoban or something) who was so much against 151-200 BS for a secondary content designer to help Kintaii a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifruits View Post
    Anyone else had issues at lower levels?
    Ive tried it on my lowbie NT lvl 30+ in average to bad shape (ql 75 implants, med suit but a lot of ncu). With mochams i was able to cast ol faithful nuke that imho is one of the best lowbie tools for nt. With fixer dr hnq i barely made it through first mob that was hitting me for half of my hp and died on a nuker. Ive no idea how did they look like before but if its like that all the time im gonna give up :/
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Dec 16th, 2010 at 08:57:32.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Now try it on a live server.

I think you're missing the point.

First; Either the test version is the same as Live or it's the version coming to you soon. If you think it's different, then in all likelihood the test version is already easier and will be coming to you soon.... which is a good thing.

Secondly, because we're testing the missions with the Devs, we're able to do many missions in a single day in order to work out tactics etc - so if it's the same as on live, then we're just a little ahead of the curve and have adjusted tactics etc and found it to be manageable... which is also a good thing, as you'll be able to do the same once you've done a few more.

So the test version is either the same, but we've had a chance to acclimatise and it's not too bad... or it's already easier and will be coming to your computers soon enough as a patch. Both of which are good news... no?

X

P.S. I will drop onto live later so that I can tell you for sure which it is.

First; Either the test version is the same as Live or it's the version coming to you soon. If you think it's different, then in all likelihood the test version is already easier and will be coming to you soon.... which is a good thing.
    That's where you are wrong.
    The new "adjusted" AI dailies were rolled out to test only this Tuesday, about 12 hours before release. So what you did test for weeks and found perfectly playable was the previous, non-beefed up version which was already on live since November.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

No... the version I've been testing on Test is 18.4.2.1 (and was patched on Wednesday i.e. yesterday). The version presently on live is 18.4.2. So the version I'm talking about is (by number) a newer version than you have on live.

We've been able to do many missions on this new version, because the Devs provided us with a way to clear the blocking mission, precisely in order to be able to test it without having to wait a day between tests.

As I say, I'll drop on to live when I have a moment and then I'll be able to tell you whether the versions are considerably different or not. But as said above, if the versions on test are easier, then it's a version that will be coming to you soon.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Blumax View Post
    Pet window not fixed
    Please type in this:

Code:
    /setoption EnableFixedPetButtons true
    (it's also in the pop menu of the pet window)
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Dec 16th, 2010 at 10:25:40.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

So I just dropped onto live and did a daily mission. The mobs have about the same level of difficulty as the mobs on test at the moment. I pulled the Place the Bomb mission and completed it. My Live server MP doesn't even have the AI levels that my Test server MP has.

Once again though, that middle room in the Place the Bomb mission, with 4 mobs in it, was massively tough to get a selective pull from. I used a Conceal pull in order to split out the Scout that's always wandering in there - and managed to pull a medic... but my last pull ended up with two Ensign mobs. I survived it, though it was difficult.

I've given feedback on the test server that this particular room causes issues when you have ensigns in there - particularly because the Ensigns also seem more able to resist my Mez pet, so probably have pretty good NR. But then again, as mentioned above, you don't actually have to do that room to complete the mission. If you look in there, and there are a couple of ensigns - then you can always just leave it be. Most of the XP is in the mission reward after all.

X

So I just dropped onto live and did a daily mission. The mobs have about the same level of difficulty as the mobs on test at the moment. I pulled the Place the Bomb mission and completed it. My Live server MP doesn't even have the AI levels that my Test server MP has.

Once again though, that middle room in the Place the Bomb mission, with 4 mobs in it, was massively tough to get a selective pull from. I used a Conceal pull in order to split out the Scout that's always wandering in there - and managed to pull a medic... but my last pull ended up with two Ensign mobs. I survived it, though it was difficult.

I've given feedback on the test server that this particular room causes issues when you have ensigns in there - particularly because the Ensigns also seem more able to resist my Mez pet, so probably have pretty good NR. But then again, as mentioned above, you don't actually have to do that room to complete the mission. If you look in there, and there are a couple of ensigns - then you can always just leave it be. Most of the XP is in the mission reward after all.

X
    Your experience doesnt seem to tally with what people are posting here. Have you tried these on a higher toon than that MP?

I havent actually bothered to try one of these since the update, as I have been mainly working on a 217 fixer, and she was about 50/50 survive/die before this update, due to Technician Nukes.

This whole scaling thing cant be done just by scaling mob difficulty. My enforcer and soldier could pretty much afk those missions, while the fixer has real problems. If its going to be challenging for the first 2 profs its going to be impossible for the 3rd unless those nukes were taken out.

Finally, as other people have said, what is the point in making these missions harder? If people want a challenge, give them an elite alien mission with stupid mobs in it. These missions were intended to be solo and quick, if I want a challenge there are plenty more around.
    stuff

Aye, it's possible that the scaling is top heavy - making higher level missions hurt disproportionately more. I no longer have a higher toon on live or test to make that assessment with any more.

Obviously, I'm also only giving my feedback as a gimpy old MP... I can see that other professions may have different experiences... though probably with different mobs. I find the Ensigns to be the difficult ones now - Technicians don't give me that much of a problem... but then I'm an MP so I tend to NSD them. I'd guess that your fixer has more problems with the Technicians but probably doesn't have so many issues with the Ensigns.

There are always going to be difficulties in setting content levels. The content needs to be consistent to be fair... but the players range from Froobs through Sloobs to Fully subbed and expanded players. And then on top of that, they range from casual or solo focussed up to team and raid focussed Twinks. If FC set content based on the lower end, then there will never be any challenge to anything for most players. So it's always a bit of a balancing act.

As I say though... as a pretty gimpy 207 MP, I haven't found these missions to be overly difficult apart from that one room in the Place the Bomb mission in particular.

X

could you push the patch on the ftp pls
    thx...

X, I'm pretty sure thats: or you are luck or test server is ok and live is bugged

I got nuked all the times on my 213 Enf with 2.5k NR. Its not ok.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Maybe FC wanted to increase the difficulty anyways but just had not gotten around to it, and the ones asking for harder AI daily's could have nothing to do with this change at all. That is what I would say if a few players did not keep complaining about how easy things were and get it nerfed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast