Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What with all the people who built AI armors and Alb Bracers?

What with all the people who built AI armors and Alb Bracers?

Sooo, few minutes ago my banned froobmule who looted some phats yesterday in Bore got logged by a GM and all items were deleted.

That's the right thing to do imho... buuuuut. What's with people who directly built AI Armors from those bots or built Alb abi bracers using those dropped ones? I guess they are lucky and can keep it?
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

in before post deletion.

The last events shows us how mismanaged the game is/has been. Expecting improval.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Expecting improval.
    :S

No, I'd really like to know... I bet those who were *smart* enough to directly build stuff from it are the lucky ones now, eh...

expect wiping dirt under the carpet instead of "improvement"
    knowing what happened with collector and phats farmed in first few days, id be really suprised if they indeed took the time to delete every single items that poped in bor during "The Event", they'd rather lock/delete all threads like this1

so happy im atm on a break and can just laff at it w.o any negative emotions attached;p
    Last edited by Insane666; Jan 5th, 2011 at 20:47:55.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

They'd better make an effort to wipe the Digamma armor, at least.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    They'd better make an effort to wipe the Digamma armor, at least.
    Why did it make it to the database if it was never going in game!

They deleted the spiritual bot I looted! ^^
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Spirtiual bots delete themselves because they feel bad about taking up an inventory slot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Ofcourse they shouldn't delete stuff that has been bought by others and already built.

Yeah it's bad that some ppl will be getting away with cheap stuff like that. But it's hardly the end of the world. It would be much worse if they did delete stuff that honest ppl have paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    They deleted the spiritual bot I looted! ^^
    hahahahaha, he looted a spiritual bot
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Ofcourse they shouldn't delete stuff that has been bought by others and already built.

Yeah it's bad that some ppl will be getting away with cheap stuff like that. But it's hardly the end of the world. It would be much worse if they did delete stuff that honest ppl have paid for.
    I knew I should have sold one or 2 of those bracers to my main... :-\ *cough*

Yea it's not the end of the world... and I think it's better than a whole server rollback (what would have been the 2nd option to this I guess) but still........ :-\

Maybe I'm so bitter 'cause I got the complete memories on my NT since yesterday and was "only" lacking the bracer.. ^^

roll back..so we can get another kool shirt ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

They should.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

They should just delete it and return the money.

As a matter of fact I was able to keep "The Final Respite" that I looted from a test leet. It makes me wonder who else got to keep items they shouldn't have.
    "Enginot" Engineer lvl 184 Atlantean
    "Relodier" Enforcer lvl 146 Rimor

They might have made some judgement calls on what should kept and what shouldn't. I don't picture "The Final Respite" as an item that can give your character a huge edge over others like the armor and other things that dropped.

Seeing as how the servers were brought down within 20 minutes, I don't see anyone being able to make a set of AI armor or bracers with in the time period. It's certainly possible, but not likely.

They can track what items we get and when based on time stamps. They should be able to tell which ones you received legitly and which ones you picked up from some test leet in bory.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc View Post
    Seeing as how the servers were brought down within 20 minutes, I don't see anyone being able to make a set of AI armor or bracers with in the time period. It's certainly possible, but not likely.
    Yup but if they traded it off the looting toon, they still had access to it when the servers came back up.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Yup but if they traded it off the looting toon, they still had access to it when the servers came back up.
    They can track trades as well. When I had my account compromised a few years back, they were able to track where my items had gone and I got some of them back.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

key word... "some of them back"

some people got to keep the items... hopefully not any of the daigamma armors.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast