Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Scale AXP daily "challenge" with AI level

cant say i agree on this topic. i got alien cocoon yesterday on my engi. like a always used to i trained and took all coocons sat down whit 20 mobs hitting me while i used rk beaken. dident notist any difference
    Thabeast 220 Engineer
    Rylourne 220 Enforcer
    Annasan 220 Soldier
    Annamorgane 220 doc
    Psyfreakout 220 crat
    Nanobots 220 Nano-Technician
    Shadowlordi 220 shade
    Ifixnotalot 220Fixer
    Milajojovich 213 Agent (soon to be 220)
    SneakyBeast 200 Agent

Equilibrium

so you had blinds running, hu ?

Lemme put it this way :

On my crat i don't even need to pop evade perks. But guess what, my Shade doesen't have alphas, a full set of combined armor and CC tools. He is a leveling toon, his gear pretty decent for his level, i have about 1.9k def, and yes, they hurt. A lot.

Good alternative is to do city raids with org mates, if these mishes feel too hard for a levelling toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Junttius View Post
    Good alternative is to do city raids with org mates, if these mishes feel too hard for a levelling toon.
    Yes that works for some, but not for all.

These missions provided accessibility to decent AXP for everyone, including those without Orgs/Cities for the first time since AI was released.

It would be a shame if these missions were worthless for the average toon due to making them "challenging".
    stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Loucretia View Post
    Yes that works for some, but not for all.

These missions provided accessibility to decent AXP for everyone, including those without Orgs/Cities for the first time since AI was released.

It would be a shame if these missions were worthless for the average toon due to making them "challenging".
    Good point. Dev team should consider some sort of scaling like someone earlier mentioned here. Maybe Elite alien missions with similar reward to what we have now and less demanding alien missions for a smaller daily reward.

That would make the levelling people feel like they're progressing if they're able to do elite missions and gain more axp as reward.
    Last edited by Junttius; Dec 16th, 2010 at 12:52:46.

I wish the devs would make these alien missions even harder for two reasons:

1. They are still too easy. Aliens were meant to be a challenge.
    2. The amount of insane reward these missions give out demand these missions require the player spend a little time to improve their characters. You lack the proper firepower to kill an alien? Don't whine, try a Rubi-ka mission on easy.

Want rewards? Upgrade your weapons past ql20.

Quote Originally Posted by protozo
    2. The amount of insane reward these missions give out demand these missions require the player spend a little time to improve their characters. You lack the proper firepower to kill an alien? Don't whine, try a Rubi-ka mission on easy.
    This is a good idea. Add an AXP reward to RK missions and let normal ppl get AXP. Then make AI dailies as challenging as possible, lvl 9000 aliens with a billion HP and give all the eleetist idiots something to brag about.

Tested dailies now on my 220 keeper(coon mission, orange mobs), 218 doc (bomb mish, yellow mobs) and 150 enfo(salvage, greenish yellow mobs). Easy peasy on keeper. Gimpy doc was struggling to land ubt on some aliens, but didn't have issues still. Easy peasy on enfo
    Last edited by Junttius; Dec 16th, 2010 at 13:53:15.

Could you all who whine about or feel ok about those missions PLEASE also write their profession and level? Otherwise it is very hard to judge if something is hard or not.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

213 Enf, not that well equiped. That's why I'll not complain at the Aliums damage BUT

TECNICIANS NUKING YOU 4~5K THROUGHT 2.5K NR IS OK?!!

/signed
    Last edited by Kintaii; Dec 16th, 2010 at 14:41:01. Reason: Let's not abuse the size tags, shall we? :P
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I dont doubt for a second that not every profession or player will find these missions equally doable. The "endgame equip" argument doesnt stick here. This isnt Endgame Online after all.

I can, however, comment on how it feels with my 220 Enforcer right now with orange to dark orange mobs: just about right for the reward. Its not the afk-cakewalk it used to be until this change but its also not very difficult.

That wont help those who have issues with the current difficulty level so funcom clearly needs to do something to scale it on a individual basis. Like easy, medium and hard with appropriate rewards. AO knows this system for years, why not implement it here?
    ಠ_ಠ

Yeah, why not easy with 30% of the reward, and then the current one. That's content for everyone. After all what's the point of upgrading your equip if you can handle all content already and there's little reward for doing so?

Granted aliens have always been tough for classes that rely on CC due to resists. That is more of an issue with innate resists on mobs, though.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

But why exactly a casual player should have his reward cut to 30%?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Did it on my 220 keeper, without ANY problems. BUT honestly, my 220/70/29 keeper can solo every normal mob in game without gettin hit at all, so im not good example here. 203 soldja from org was complaining last night how difficult it is for him to complete mish now, so i guess we will continue doing team city raid dailies for leveling people, since they cant really complete single missions now.
    Last edited by Muckota; Dec 16th, 2010 at 16:31:24.
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

Just put it back the way it was, ffs. There was NO REASON for this change.

Quote Originally Posted by protozo View Post
    I wish the devs would make these alien missions even harder for two reasons:

1. They are still too easy. Aliens were meant to be a challenge.

Want rewards? Upgrade your weapons past ql20.
    I recently came back to the game and was astounded by how much axp I got from these dailies. 500k axp from 5 minutes work killing a few aliens and planting a bomb?

The problem with these dailies is that they were trying to design them for a high axp reward. A solo daily shouldn't be difficult, but neither should it give such ridiculous amounts of axp.

My opinion? Put the difficulty back the way it was and reduce the axp reward as it was stupidly high in the first place.

It's things like this that make non-experienced players or players without many resources quit in disgust. Then everyone whines about having no player base.

So which do you all want - more players and easier gameplay, or have this be Hardcore Online and all the casual players quit?

I can tell you which one is more sustainable...

Well, now we are back to when there was no ai daily, so why not delete then entirely? If an enf have to sit down and wait hp/np be full again for each mob, I cant ever imagine what happens with other profs.

Bump HP, DD, AR, NR, Evades and Inits from all aliens is not a funny thing to do. Lets go back to Arid and LE mishs, its easier and gives more axp now.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifruits View Post
    It's things like this that make non-experienced players or players without many resources quit in disgust. Then everyone whines about having no player base.

So which do you all want - more players and easier gameplay, or have this be Hardcore Online and all the casual players quit?

I can tell you which one is more sustainable...
    Should make this game much much easier to be able to break into the casual market.

Many people also quit in disgust when they realise the effort needed to twink stuff on, doesn't mean that we should lower the requirements on implants and symbiants tho. AO is very hardcore on lots of things compared to many MMO's.

The problem with these mishs isn't exactly the difficulty but the scaling. If you enter a mish with high hp bar aliens with big damage leave, wait a min and re-enter and tadaa.. you have a new mish with gimpzor aliens that (at lower levels) die in 2 hits.

For some reason the scaling of +/- 10 levels or what it is supposed to be doesn't work quite well. As example my 200 MA usually rushes through these mishs no problem but every few mishs even the entrance mobs give her a struggle with 2.5 regulars and nukes and having twice over the HP as the gimp versions.

Balancing them with that huge a difference in the gimp and OP scaling versions is gonna be difficult and from what I heard it's not intended that some mishs use a different scaling. Fix that and these threads will disapear.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast