Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Scale AXP daily "challenge" with AI level

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
    It can't only be equip that makes these mishes too easy for some ppl and too hard for others. Maybe it's (lack of) knowledge of the game mechanics?
    it's cute somehow that u think u know stuff others don't ^^
    (really cute, this is a group hug time situation for sure)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

lmao at all the ppl who whined to make this harder. lolz, careful what you ask for...

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows
    Again, my comment has nothing to do with making things "more challenging" or with "l2p your toon you effing ghimp". It has everything to do with the fact that easier daily missions = more solo play = death to any MMO. Yes, drive them to an Arid farm team. At least then they might (and I stress the word might) have to actually interact with other players in the game. It's boring sure, but it's boring with a group.
    I'm sorry, but solo play is an effect, not the cause of AO's population troubles. Enforcing a play-style that is involving more time grinding without fixing the issues that got us to solo playing will only accentuate the population problems.

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    it's cute somehow that u think u know stuff others don't ^^
    (really cute, this is a group hug time situation for sure)
    I've seen so many things in this game ;D 215+ NTs that never heard of "Blinds" or "Calms", 220 Crats who never heard of sth called "Malaise", 220 Fixers with SWS VII on etc. etc. etc... especially since I'm on RK1.

So I guess, yeah... there seem to be people who know less than me

And with extremely easy daily "missions" (basically a 5 min job without any risk of dying and unbelievably huge reward) you kinda promote and reward this kind of "player".
    Last edited by Marijke; Dec 16th, 2010 at 20:01:52.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

I've seen so many things in this game ;D 215+ NTs that never heard of "Blinds" or "Calms", 220 Crats who never heard of sth called "Malaise", 220 Fixers with SWS VII on etc. etc. etc... especially since I'm on RK1.

So I guess, yeah... there seem to be people who know less than me
    i even seen a 220 fixer once who didn't have full beta symbs and a complete 300ish css set...
    those people really don't know anything - that's why they don't deserve to do daily mishs!
    (he wasn't even ai 30 and doing sth else than axp...)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    I'm sorry, but solo play is an effect, not the cause of AO's population troubles. Enforcing a play-style that is involving more time grinding without fixing the issues that got us to solo playing will only accentuate the population problems.
    Agreed. But you see the cycle here, right?

1) Declining population requires more solo play
    2) Add moderately challenging solo content with rewards that are gained in a period of time that would require hours of team content.
    3) Regardless of teaming opportunities, solo play gives greater rewards so more people do solo content.
    4) Even less people looking for teams because they are doing the new solo content makes the game look increasinly barren.
    5) Population declines because new players can't find teams.
    6) Back to step one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    i even seen a 220 fixer once who didn't have full beta symbs and a complete 300ish css set...
    those people really don't know anything - that's why they don't deserve to do daily mishs!
    (he wasn't even ai 30 and doing sth else than axp...)
    Like I said earlier... I've done AI Dailys on POORLY equipped levelling chars. For example on my 206/11 NT in Miys and ql200ish symbs. And had ZERO problems doing so. I used my toolset and everything was fine.

I'm not arguing that some professions have a harder time with some of the mishes than others... they won't be able to balance everything perfectly out for every profession.

I demand people to learn about their profession, get their nanos and learn how their toolsets work before they complain about too hard mishes... I'm not demanding everyone to be high end equipped/twinked. If u want reward without challenge, go play WoW. There u can be the best r0xx0r without investing any big thoughts about your build/prof.
    Last edited by Marijke; Dec 16th, 2010 at 20:14:52.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

This was fun for casual players and they take it away? Eh...

Like I said earlier... I've done AI Dailys on POORLY equipped levelling chars. For example on my 206/11 NT in Miys and ql200ish symbs. And had ZERO problems doing so. I used my toolset and everything was fine.

I'm not arguing that some professions have a harder time with some of the mishes than others... they won't be able to balance everything perfectly out for every profession.

I demand people to learn about their profession, get their nanos and learn how their toolsets work before they complain about too hard mishes... I'm not demanding everyone to be high end equipped/twinked. If u want reward without challenge, go play WoW. There u can be the best r0xx0r without investing any big thoughts about your build.
    Yup. Youre a fanboi alright. Gratz on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    Agreed. But you see the cycle here, right?

1) Declining population requires more solo play
    2) Add moderately challenging solo content with rewards that are gained in a period of time that would require hours of team content.
    3) Regardless of teaming opportunities, solo play gives greater rewards so more people do solo content.
    4) Even less people looking for teams because they are doing the new solo content makes the game look increasinly barren.
    5) Population declines because new players can't find teams.
    6) Back to step one.
    Sorry. But thats NOT how MMOs work you have it completely backwards. Solo content FIRST, for the casual players that make up the MAJORITY of the playerbase. Team mishs for the hardcore and the moving from casual to hardcore set. No one wants to HAVE to have a team on their many alts. They just wanna level them, do whatever they have to do to get on their main, or the toons they actually LIKE playing.
    Last edited by ZenWon; Dec 16th, 2010 at 20:19:38.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke
    If u want reward without challenge, go play WoW. There u can be the best r0xx0r without investing any big thoughts about your build/prof.
    Ignorant fanboi is ignorant. I know it's kewl to belittle WoW, but the encounters there require actual strategy. Play WoW, then try to compare ICC with any of AO's (step on blue/green/yellow or not) encounters. You'll feel like comparing a 747 with a (blue/green/yellow or not) hot air balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenWon View Post
    Sorry. But thats NOT how MMOs work you have it completely backwards. Solo content FIRST, for the casual players that make up the MAJORITY of the playerbase. Team mishs for the hardcore and the moving from casual to hardcore set. No one wants to HAVE to have a team on their many alts. They just wanna level them, do whatever they have to do to get on their main, or the toons they actually LIKE playing.
    The model your speaking of works for new players, and in particular a game that does not already have a declining population. No changes were made to the difficulty level below lvl 199 for these missions so they are just as easy as they ever were before that level. I'm talking about increasing player interaction from lvl 200 and beyond. And no, no one wants to HAVE to have a team on their many alts, particularly if teams are hard to come by. But if there is NO incentive to team at all, then it's no longer an MMO, but rather a solo player game that you happen to play at the same time as other people.
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

If u want reward without challenge, go play WoW. There u can be the best r0xx0r without investing any big thoughts about your build/prof.
    You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, WoW's endgame is far more challenging than AO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows
    No changes were made to the difficulty level below lvl 199 for these missions so they are just as easy as they ever were before that level.
    I don't know if it's a bug or not, but the changes propagated under TL6, possibly affecting all levels. (Low)TL5 ensigns hit harder and have more resistances than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
    .......That wont help those who have issues with the current difficulty level so funcom clearly needs to do something to scale it on a individual basis. Like easy, medium and hard with appropriate rewards. AO knows this system for years, why not implement it here?
    I like this idea (page2)

Easy gives the least award, Hard the most.
    Don't scale like [easy=1k axp] and [hard= 50k axp]
    Keep the rewards a bit together.

Now the people who struggle can progress (a little slower)
    and the Billionaires can brag that they can solo the hard variant (and progress a little faster)
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    I don't know if it's a bug or not, but the changes propagated under TL6, possibly affecting all levels. (Low)TL5 ensigns hit harder and have more resistances than before.
    Then that does need to be addressed...

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    The model your speaking of works for new players, and in particular a game that does not already have a declining population. No changes were made to the difficulty level below lvl 199 for these missions so they are just as easy as they ever were before that level. I'm talking about increasing player interaction from lvl 200 and beyond. And no, no one wants to HAVE to have a team on their many alts, particularly if teams are hard to come by. But if there is NO incentive to team at all, then it's no longer an MMO, but rather a solo player game that you happen to play at the same time as other people.
    Seems to me, that changes were definately made to lower that tl6 aimish instances..Wifes doc only landed UBT once in her mish with about 100 misses, and on my Sol in that same level instance I was gettin tore up by aliens only 2 lvls higher than me. As in eating through tms and still killing me. Believe that was the first time I died to aliens besides on noob island when I was tryin to farm the bosses for weps. And Ive heard from many many peeps all in the 150 range that can no longer hit with nano's and are getting hit themselves alot harder. Something definately changed, I suspect ninjas. /HIYAAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

The only AI daily I did on a toon below TL7 yesterday was my 150 fix, but that doesn't really count since they can't hit him anyway. I'll try out some lower level alts tonight, but I'm pretty sure that the difficulty was fine the way it was at those levels and shouldn't have been messed with.

I have been running the AI dailies unbuffed on a 220 shade in average to poor equip, far from LE 70 and only AI 15. I also didn't use any defensive perks. I haven't had any problems so far. The only thing I've noticed is that technicians seem to have much higher defense than they used to and have become a little difficult to perk, but still killable, albeit it a bit slowly. Also tried it on a 215 soldier with Tl5 symbs, some 300 ofab and D shark, no issues on him either. I think that the scaling problems that were mentioned earlier might be what some people are experiencing because I really haven't noticed anything strange so far. It's also been suggested that it might be a situational problem (aliens might be randomly more powerful than intended in any given mission).

One last thing is that in the patch notes it was mentioned that only 195+ aliens were adjusted, so I'm not sure if it had any effect on people doing the missions at lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    Are you really so much in a rush?
    yes i am, not being able to cast stuff quickly when im 50% agg or less doesnt help either, but if i go full agg im dead

Roll back axp change or just take concealment out of the game already!

It is obvious that you hate it. Why bother waste my IP on it for pvm? 1700 concealment and i could sneak thru alien dailies.

This was the reward i get for spending my ip differently than others. I suffer less in other areas due to this. I did that on purpose.

Now of course with your new improved challange I can no longer sneak thru a 214 mission

stupid is as stupid does, take it out of the game and give me an ip point please.
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast