Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 17th, 2010 - Incoming Holiday and Moving News

Funcom employee Friday with Means - December 17th, 2010 - Incoming Holiday and Moving News

It was great to see the Holiday content go out this week and everyone running around enjoying the new seasonal goodies of the year. It was also great to see a bunch of old familiar faces back visiting us for the reevaluation and enjoying some of the new content and features that have been added over the last year.

During the next two weeks the team will be enjoying their last Oslo Christmas as in January the entire Anarchy Online project team will be moving to the Canadian office in Montreal. Norway has been a fantastic home for us for many years, but with the bulk of production being done in the Montreal office it felt like the right time for us to move and take advantage of all the new office has to offer. I personally am very grateful to Norway as it has been a fantastic home for me and my family here for the last seven years...I have two "Norwegian" sons who have had a wonderful start in this country and we will miss the many people who have been so warm and kind to us during the years we have lived here. Norway will always hold a very special place in my heart. I never imagined when I started working here that at some point in the future I would be returning to my own country to continue to develop Anarchy Online. I am especially glad we had the opportunity to meet with many of our European players here at the last player event we had here in Oslo and despite us moving to Montreal we intend to have similar events here in Oslo in the future. The whole team is looking forward to having a first event (outside of DragonCon) for our North American players in the next year in Montreal.

It is certain that the move will cause some delays in upcoming content as we do all the necessary operations to get production up and running in a new country. That being said we hope to have everything up and running as soon as possible with as few surprises as possible. Though I am certain the old systems that have not been touched for years will provide some interesting discoveries when we try and move them. I am looking forward to being in the office during the new timezone which will see us at our desks during heavier European online hours and the ability to have closer ties to Customer Service during the more active hours. The significant cost savings to the project generated by the move will be another small step in making sure that Anarchy Online can remain a financially viable project longer into the future.

The next two weeks will be very quiet as the team is being forced to ACTUALLY take some vacation so it is likely there will be no Friday updates for either of the next two weeks. The time remaining until the move is passing quickly..and new things to do are appearing every day So much to do...so little time.

To those who will ask "Can I have your stuff"...the bulk of it will be on sale at some point. Things include 3 horses and the Horse farm I have finally almost finished renovating after three years. I'll link it in the forums if anyone is even remotely interested :P

Have a great Holiday Season and hope to see you all in-game

Kintaii Edit!: We also want to remind everyone to come out to our annual in-game Christmas party this Sunday - Gridstream Productions and ARK will be there serving up holiday cheer with awesome music and cool prizes - Hope to see you guys there! Happy holidays everyone!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

first

i can´t believe it, finally i did it hehe

kinda makes me sad that you move to montreal, the distance is bigger than Oslo.. but well who cares

first?
    *edit*
    bah 2nd
    Whooo

2nd?
    Edit: 3rd works too i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    MA's role is basically wannabe DD whore outdamaged by many professions.
    Tedomari 220 ma Equip
    Nted 220 NT gimp
    Tedomary 150 s10 ma Equip

i wanna go hoome
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

1st Page!
    Dudidamage, The PvM gimp E : 220/2x (Winning)

Facebashr: you support clan or omni ? ****: meh ****: omni =P Facebashr: that leaves me no choice. You gained 120 PVP Solo Score.

First page

You're coming to Canada? Woo. Maybe I can finally manage a trip in to see ya as it's only a few provinces away ^^
    Last edited by Siyra; Dec 17th, 2010 at 15:52:16.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Will the servers be down for a while due moving stuff? Or are they hosted elsewhere?
    The key to happiness is self-delusion. Don't think of yourself as an organic pain collector racing toward oblivion. - Scott Adams

Programmer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code

Jesus paid for our sins - now let's get our money's worth

Quote Originally Posted by darkwalkx View Post
    Will the servers be down for a while due moving stuff? Or are they hosted elsewhere?
    Servers are, and always have been as far as I know, hosted in the US, North Carolina springs to mind.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Hope your sons won't hate learning French as much as I did. Good luck for the move and the new office! Is the entire team moving with you or are there change inc.?

But, but, but... I liked having you around!

First page?
    Don "Esteleon" 220/22 Atrox Adventurer (E)
    Walking "Metatroxy" Mochams 220/15 Atrox Meta-Physicist
    "Quintrell" 220/21 Atrox Soldier (E)
    "Johnesy" 220/18 Solitus Doctor (E)
    Bubble "Protonia" Girl 170/6 Nanomage Nano-Technician

Links to horse farm plox! (ha I was first )
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

last page
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Servers are, and always have been as far as I know, hosted in the US, North Carolina springs to mind.
    New Jersey AFAIK.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    New Jersey AFAIK.
    Support is NC ?
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Yay! Finally! Only 14.95 Canadian Dollars per month.

Wait? Still not?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast