Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 150 twink

150 twink

Hi, i'm new to the soldier class and i've decided to lvl it up to 220, but before that i want to do a little stop at 150 and twink a bit for s10 and bs fun.
    I got 225 ofab chest and gloves, 225 CC on the rest and fred sleeves (AR/FA).
    The only prob is that he CC and the ofab is all OE, should i change it to a lower ql? like 200 ofab and 210 / 215 CC?

225 cc is possible to keep out of oe with setup like mine from signature but with motr instead of igoc. agilty is the key and if you go for ofab legs that are cheap and decent you wont really have problems with it. About 225 ofabs i dont remember, ive used only gloves and its ql was 250.

Oh crap, motr adds str so i was short on str, not agil.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Here's my old equip setup for my 150 sold, similar to ciekafsky, and it keeps QL225 CC out of OE. The QL225 Ofab gloves I have in there are OE, but I'm just using it for the SMG/FA mods which don't go OE. Its close to what I'm currently running in, with some small changes, like higher ql yuttos, etc..

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=166734
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

I planned this setup http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=169788

Actually im goin CSS just cause im gonna strip my trox trader And replacing his CS parts with CSS/CC dunno yet.

Since this soldier still dosen't exists,what u think about breed, trox or soli (or opi )?

And what u think about the BBB (im gonna do s10/bs, activities that for now i did with my trader
    , but u know...) ?

Im worried about the performances of JPGPP + BBB in pvp.

pistol/smg wil drain your ips to hell and yes it will be horrible in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post
    pistol/smg wil drain your ips to hell and yes it will be horrible in pvp.
    Well pistol + smg is very better than that perennium in pvm, and pistol/smg is a common setup for soldier in s10.

My question how BBB performs vs Hawk. ;p

Both will have capped burst recharge, advantage with hawk is the fact you will have matched damage types to make the most of your +damage items.

However this is highly dependant on how high a ql hawk you are able to equip, anything under ql 200 will probably not OD the BBB enough to make it worth it.

And actually, pistol/smg isn't that much better than SPB in pvm, common misconception at tl5.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post
    Both will have capped burst recharge, advantage with hawk is the fact you will have matched damage types to make the most of your +damage items.
    Also, radiation damage sucks on hecks. I just used a KMP5 the whole time.

And actually, pistol/smg isn't that much better than SPB in pvm, common misconception at tl5.
    SMG/pistol ODs SPB at all levels, and even Sharks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Yeah but the damage difference isn't huge until you add flingshot into the equation and it's such a massive ip black hole at 150

but KMP5 probably is a better choice than BBB and hawk, forgot about that one more ips though..

Difference in terms of dd between pistol / smg and ar at 150 isnt that high. Pistol gives faster alpha recharge tho so overall its better because lots of kill stealing is going on there.

As evades go there is enough ips to max one evade line on atrox with cc/ofab armor with ok ip spending, maybe even two with perfect ip distribution. Using blackbird could help a bit as it would be possible to swap weapons with phulaks while with Hawk its totally impossible.

In pvp those pistol setups aint that bad. Ive used aero borealis corona swap for a few days before I got bored finally and it seemed to be ok. Capped as recharge was scary with smg +dd perks running and all those dd items.

Hawk vs kyr – no idea. Hawk looks better and has capped burst recharge. There is a conflict between burst and fa cluster in rwrist and the highest ql symbiant for that slot is ql 150. I went with fa implant and was still able to cap hawk recharge without a problem, even with rarm symbiant that also doesn’t add any burst. Id go for hawk. Kyr could be better if there were some epic LE procs but there are not. The best is like +15 dd and hardly worth activating.

About css I don’t know really, most likely id go opi, sense on atrox is annoying and im a big fan of ACs that help a lot. TBH to make use of evades one needs to invest into them. have notucomm etc. for a soldier this is a hard choice as it means loosing tons of dd. If I were to choose id roll some pet profession, they destroy solds in terms of overall dd and survivability. The only thing solds are better is kill stealing once fa recharges.

Its also worth mentioning that my setup from signature was used mostly to farm generals (untill i realized that engi makes it better) so its main goal was cutting fa recharge. For all around normal mobs farming dchest, rbp and dmg rings work better.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Jan 27th, 2011 at 11:24:50.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

all of the soldiers misconceptions posted all the time makes me sad.
    Marinegent - RK2 - 220/22 Opifex Agent : Max Dodge Defense Equip
    Marinesold - RK2 - 220/24 Atrox Soldier : Defense/SMG Equip

i changed my gear now, got 200 pen ofab cest and gloves, FA sleeves, 215 CC boots/legs/headwear, now farming 1k board, ql 200 ofab ring, compagnero and nothing on the shoulders which is making me sad, and ai tank armor

are you at full def with you 150 soldiers or keep it at a 50/50...full agg position?
    Angler - Level 220/30 Adventurer - RK 3-> RK 1 -> RK - PVP Equip - DMG Equip

hey guys got a question ill tack onto this thread as its the same thought process. ive got a soldier currently that is not quite 150 (147). have AR setup atm but getting extremely tired of the SPB and was thinking of going SMG. was wondering how KMP type 5 and hawk mk5 would do...was thinking ql 200 on both (if i can figure out how to get the stats for a 200 hawk). dont have any AI armor on him atm cept for a random 179 supple chest i picked up for next to nothing. just wondering your guys' thoughts on damage comparison to the AR setup. im not uber rich so no RBP or dchest or anything. was also curious what the FA recharge would be with approx 1033 FA atm. might be a bit higher symbs are kinda out of date but you get the idea. im not great with the whole FA equation otherwise id try and figure it up myself. thanx for any input

dont really wanna do the jobe pistol either...ive had about enough of that setup on my advy already :P anyone got the 200 hawk on before? just wondering what kinda equip was used. also wonderin if blinded blackbird would be a better option than a 200 KMP type 5 (would lose fling ofc)
    Last edited by Bugnuts; Jan 30th, 2011 at 02:21:05.

with a hawk mk5, you get one full auto every 2 mins or so.. its pretty much out of the question unless you pair it with a jobe pistol in mainhand

a soldier without a decent fullauto is just sad, so you got 2 good choices at the moment.
    i guess you know what they are..

if you want a setup thats just different, you could go for MBC with swap to a 125 tiig blaster for fa. its usually being swapped to turnspirit weapon in pvp, but i think the swaptime is just too heavy compared to tiig in pvm.

yeah 2 min is just a bit too much. was hoping for around a minute. well guess ill just stick with a SPB...well guess i could go for a 200 shark but reqs are kinda high. anyone know approx fa recharge time on a ofab shark?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugnuts View Post
    yeah 2 min is just a bit too much. was hoping for around a minute. well guess ill just stick with a SPB...well guess i could go for a 200 shark but reqs are kinda high. anyone know approx fa recharge time on a ofab shark?
    Thing with the Hawk is you don't use it in your mainhand, you use a JPGPP instead in the right hand (having the Hawk in left). Also, you have Energy damage shared between the two guns, and 9 second Burst on the Hawk, which makes damage a lot easier to maintain.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

yeah well i was trying to avoid the jobe pistol...was wanting a full smg setup as im already tired of the jobe pistol on my advy...im just gonna shoot for a 200 shark...might be lower DD than a SPB but at least its something different lookin.

ofab shark mk 6 is around 1m recharge for 1000ish skill, and getting below 50s with the skill needed to equip it.

Fantaghiro BBI-Viral Gold Star http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=248588 theres an smg with about the same recharge as shark
    Last edited by Nomad; Jan 31st, 2011 at 22:15:58.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast