Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Server Downtime

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post
    It would have been nice to have some warning about the servers going down for maintenance!!

Usually there is at least a 15 minute warning, not an unannounced crash down.

Was hunting in Scheol ... I am sure I will logg back at reclaim.

Please give some warning next time. If you gave one I sure did not see anything.

Colrain
    Lol u doesnt seem to understand what happened. FC got HACKED. Borealis was full of RBPs, Supple Bots, Alb Bracers. They spawned Beast etc... it took long enough for the servers to shut down if you ask me.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
    It was 24 iirc. ....

Damn I'm PUKING all over the f*cking place if I have to do the whole **** again just because Funcom doesnt keeper their server's safe or anything...
    Don't worry Mr. Fanboy, it's just some shade dealings. I'm sure Funcom will fixer it in no time. They'll doctor the servers and enforcer some stricter rules for communications. They might even engineer a new "I got pwned" tshirt for us to have our adventurers in!

there definitely was an announcement! you can even read it here in this thread:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...24&postcount=4

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    Don't worry Mr. Fanboy, it's just some shade dealings. I'm sure Funcom will fixer it in no time. They'll doctor the servers and enforcer some stricter rules for communications. They might even engineer a new "I got pwned" tshirt for us to have our adventurers in!
    lol
    You start sneaking.
    You have been detected by everything and anything including that door over there.
    You randomly die.

Haha very good ;D

Aww I reaaaally hope there's not a huge rollback.
    Just finished my tier 3 last night
    Defflyiant - MP
    Defiantlight - Advy

Funcom employee

You sir, have won this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    winner winner chicken dinner
    Misslocomp 220/30/70 General of RKA UNITED
    and too many alts to list

An "I got pwned" tshirt sounds like something to keeper but right now I'd rather trader it for the servers to get back up
    RK2
    Vixi - Opifex Shade - 220 / 30 / 70 e
    Teborix - Solitus Soldier - 150 / 20 / 42 e
    Sylex - Opifex Fixer - 150 / 19 / 40 e

just for the lol, what happend exacly in Bore ?

*bows humbly*

What was awesome...Is that tons of players were gathered near bor grid..Now that was a great sight...A good hundred or so players gathered around that hut in bor Though some lowbies did get pwn'd by beast :P

This was done in emergency and unavoidable. Normally we do give notice with ample time for everyone to receive the information. However, in some cases we must take the servers down on very short notice in order to help resolve the issue as soon as they crop up in very super rare instances as these.
    Thank you Famine, being out in SL we had no idea what was happening in Borealis, didn't know if posts above were accurate about stuff in Borealis.

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
    Lol u doesnt seem to understand what happened. FC got HACKED. Borealis was full of RBPs, Supple Bots, Alb Bracers. They spawned Beast etc... it took long enough for the servers to shut down if you ask me.
    Yes, well no one was doing anything where we were ... had no idea of the problem, or if posts about RBP's etc. were correct.

Sounds like a roll-back for sure ...

Colrain

Rasputin

Quote Originally Posted by Exxxie View Post
    there was an announcement several minutes before the servers went down.
    That must have only been in select areas. I was in SL and i know for sure that there WAS NO announcement prior to being disconnected

To everyone bitching about the lack of notice: Are you flipping kidding me? A GM account gets hacked and starts spawning items that aren't even supposed to be ingame and you think they're gonna leave up servers any longer than it takes to backtrace the source? Ahahahahaha...kids these days...
    Because Race Yalm

"Do a barrel-roll! Do a barrel-roll!"

Funcom, it would be INHUMANE of you not to share some details about this juicy drama once you have it figured out. If you wont tell us the details then that will be like telling the most awesome story ever and then stopping just before the end, leaving everyone hanging.

We must know! It's important that we get to know!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    To everyone bitching about the lack of notice: Are you flipping kidding me? A GM account gets hacked and starts spawning items that aren't even supposed to be ingame and you think they're gonna leave up servers any longer than it takes to backtrace the source? Ahahahahaha...kids these days...
    yeah, taking servers down took too long anyway. Real embarassing here for FC. Took 20 mins til they even noticed it. Seemed so at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikaria View Post
    thanks for the NO in game tell saying coming down, city raid killed
    I'd rather loose an alian raid than having someone breaking the game. I was also doing a raid at the time, but doesn't matter to me.
    Spiral Lniya Dancer - Advy - equip - Dancer of the Black Spiral
    Tinky Numara Winky - Soldipex || Little Miip Tranqlet - Kepper
    Lanfear Lyvani Mosvani - NT || Vashti Ceneria Scales - Fixer
    Gogo Bollmongo Yubari - Doc || Luna Ayae - Enfipex - RAWR!
    Nid Noih - Trader|| Cookie Piika Cutter - Advy

And some more alts.

Proud Veteran of Punk, Aeon, Punk, Tranquility, Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggles4 View Post
    Famine what could we see in form of compensation for this?
    What kind of compensation are you looking for? A cookie? Get over it, just a little emergency downtime.
    Beersoldier
    President, Private Playthings
    Omni, RK1

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast