Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Server Downtime

Last edited by FlyingV2; Jan 5th, 2011 at 03:54:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
    yeah, taking servers down took too long anyway. Real embarassing here for FC. Took 20 mins til they even noticed it. Seemed so at least.
    What made me lol the hardest was the forum post at 7:19 saying the servers were going down at 7:15 for "Maintenance."
    Because Race Yalm

Funcom employee

We apologize for the short notice of the downtime and we are currently looking into the issue that caused some disruptions in a couple of limited areas in game. However we felt it was better to be safe than sorry, and we are working to ensure things get back up as soon as possible. We are estimating the downtime to last 4 hours, but we could be back up much quicker than that. We will release further information on the uptime as it comes in.
    Last edited by Famine; Jan 5th, 2011 at 02:03:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Beersoldier View Post
    What kind of compensation are you looking for? A cookie? Get over it, just a little emergency downtime.
    I demand 1b credits in compensation for lost time and emotional damage

oh noes, i don't wanna a rollback, i don't want to loose my gaily hood :S and my lvls on my crat also -_-"

Quote Originally Posted by Beersoldier View Post
    What kind of compensation are you looking for? A cookie? Get over it, just a little emergency downtime.
    Are you joking? When they'll do a rollback several hours of (hard) questing is gone poof. For me personally. For others it might be the item they camped for 3 months and dropped today etc. Some compensation would definitely be appropriate here...
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

I find it interesting that the person controlling this GM char knew exactly what to do and how to do it, both in terms of getting control of the character and doing all the shenanigans that he did with messages, mobs, items and such.

I find it far more likely that it was a somewhat experienced GM that did this out of sudden insanity than it being a case of someone random hacking the account and doing all those things so efficiently.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Are you joking? When they'll do a rollback several hours of (hard) questing is gone poof. For me personally. For others it might be the item they camped for 3 months and dropped today etc. Some compensation would definitely be appropriate here...
    So you'd rather have a broken game and no downtime/rollback? Okay.
    Spiral Lniya Dancer - Advy - equip - Dancer of the Black Spiral
    Tinky Numara Winky - Soldipex || Little Miip Tranqlet - Kepper
    Lanfear Lyvani Mosvani - NT || Vashti Ceneria Scales - Fixer
    Gogo Bollmongo Yubari - Doc || Luna Ayae - Enfipex - RAWR!
    Nid Noih - Trader|| Cookie Piika Cutter - Advy

And some more alts.

Proud Veteran of Punk, Aeon, Punk, Tranquility, Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by wrangeline View Post

funcom, it would be inhumane of you not to share some details about this juicy drama once you have it figured out. If you wont tell us the details then that will be like telling the most awesome story ever and then stopping just before the end, leaving everyone hanging.

We must know! It's important that we get to know! :d
    bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I find it interesting that the person controlling this GM char knew exactly what to do and how to do it, both in terms of getting control of the character and doing all the shenanigans that he did with messages, mobs, items and such.

I find it far more likely that it was a somewhat experienced GM that did this out of sudden insanity than it being a case of someone random hacking the account and doing all those things so efficiently.
    Ever heard of the CellAO Project?
    I bet the roots of this sad situation are from there.
    Kloper 220/30/70 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Ceneria View Post
    That's not what he said.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Ceneria View Post
    I want a WORKING game and NO rollback for my damn 17,20 eur I pay every month. That's too much to ask for?

Compensation of some kind would be great especially given the nature of the issue. Even if it's something like increased drop rates on items for a short period, or xp increase. At least those that lost items/xp etc could regain it or even have a chance of having the items them were camping for months drop.
    Snuggles4 - Veni, Vini, Vinci!!
    FireStorm President

"If We Cannot Be Free, We May As Well Be Dead"

Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by mortos360 View Post
    Ever heard of the CellAO Project?
    I bet the roots of this sad situation are from there.
    Never heard of it :\
    But after this situation, I'd like to learn what it is >.<
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Never heard of it :\
    But after this situation, I'd like to learn what it is >.<
    If I'm informed correctly we may not discuss this project here on the official AO forums.

There are AO emulators out there with which you can freely learn how to use all those commands.

At least that's what I heard. ;D Still a mystery how he/they got control over a GM character. GM Accsharing maybe?
    Well my thought would be more, maybe, some of their GM staff wouldn't be able to make the trip from Norway to Canada. You are right though all the information is out there, there's a lot of explanations though, would kick ass to hear the end of this story after the Funcom detectives get to work :P
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Yeah indeed... maybe it's some p*ssed GM. Shouldn't be too hard for them to figure out who did this, hu? Even if someone "hacked" or got control over a foreign GM account in any other way they should be able to see what IP logged in with this char etc.

Can you give a timeline of the events that went down?
    I was in SL the whole time, XD
    Defflyiant - MP
    Defiantlight - Advy

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast