Thread: Petition system

Petition system

Seems to not be working. I have issues from lasts nights 'event' and i don't get the automated response and /petition status does nothing either.

It's broken at least since the 'event'. Tried to petition back then while running around feared when it started. I guess the 'attackers' somehow took care of it... like they cut the telephone cable when breaking into a house lol.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Still not working!!!
    Kloper 220/30/70 Enforcer

Ya, I tried to send one in too, it said "Sending petition" but there's none of the usual response.

Makr (ENG 220/19) | Preachr (MP 220/17) | Reclaimr (CRAT 220/12)
    MisSlashr (ADV 200/18) | ShadyDealr (TDR 213/17) | Squishr (ENF 204/14)
    AmmoWastr (SOL 143/12) | Fleshmendr (DOC 160/21) | LeetSlicr (KPR 165/10)
    LilShootr (AGT 150/10) | TimeWastr (CRAT 100/5)
    General of Wolf Brigade

Funcom employee

It's back up.

You sure about that Famine?

I just sent my petition in again, and it's still not asking me to review articles and classification type stuff....

Makr (ENG 220/19) | Preachr (MP 220/17) | Reclaimr (CRAT 220/12)
    MisSlashr (ADV 200/18) | ShadyDealr (TDR 213/17) | Squishr (ENF 204/14)
    AmmoWastr (SOL 143/12) | Fleshmendr (DOC 160/21) | LeetSlicr (KPR 165/10)
    LilShootr (AGT 150/10) | TimeWastr (CRAT 100/5)
    General of Wolf Brigade

Quote Originally Posted by Makr View Post
    You sure about that Famine?

I just sent my petition in again, and it's still not asking me to review articles and classification type stuff....
    This, its been almost 20 hours now since the 'event' (stay indoors)
    I did a CS request after i made this post. No answer yet.
    None of my other characters are affected by the attack bug outlined in the last few posts of
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=585832

Just want to get this issue resolved so i can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacs View Post
    This, its been almost 20 hours now since the 'event' (stay indoors)
    I did a CS request after i made this post. No answer yet.
    None of my other characters are affected by the attack bug outlined in the last few posts of
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=585832

Just want to get this issue resolved so i can play.
    Just wanted to update on this, the probem i was having can be remedied by having someone cast a fear on you.

petition system

The petition system is NOT up at this time. I've been waiting almost 3 hours on a problem, and no way to get help.

Day 2, petition system still down it seems.

Maybe somebody else here can help me... GMS is not working for me. It seems to work on my alt, but not on my main.. it just wont find anything. I checked all settings like price range, QL range, category, it just wont find anything.
    Is there anything I can do to try to fix it?

Think I have the same problem.

The Petition system is up and running, but there appears that there is some issues whit it, on both sides.

Funcom employee

Lucien and myself are taking a look into it now. I'll post with an update as soon as I have any information.

Note: This only seems to be effecting Atlantean at the moment - Rimor's petition system appears to be working fine from what I can tell.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by mortos360 View Post
    Day 2, petition system still down it seems.

Maybe somebody else here can help me... GMS is not working for me. It seems to work on my alt, but not on my main.. it just wont find anything. I checked all settings like price range, QL range, category, it just wont find anything.
    Is there anything I can do to try to fix it?
    Interesting... I can't seem to find certain items in GMS although I 100% know they are there... cause they're in my own shop. Even double and triple checked search criteria, even with an orgmate who could see those items they're "hidden" to me... not gamebreaking for me atm but still kinda strange.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

I just talked to a GM for this problem. It seems you need to delete ur pref´s folder... but I found a way to fix the GMS problem and keep ur prefs I think ^^ I am not sure if this solution will disturb anything else or not.

Make a copy of you char ID folder and delete the old1.
    Then start AO so it can create a new folder.
    Log out and overwrite the new folder with the Backup you made just b4 that... but DONT overwrite the "Prefs" file in the root char ID folder.
    After I did that, my GMS works fine again and 95% of all my settings are here. I just needed to adjust the interface a bit.

Hope that will safe you some truble with remaking ur whole interface.

and 95% of all my settings are here.
    Oh, good.

GM one time told me to do the same but didn't say I could keep the old char-prefs, was horrible. WTS nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Oh, good.

GM one time told me to do the same but didn't say I could keep the old char-prefs, was horrible. WTS nanos.
    He also told me that he dont know any way to keep my prefs and fix the problem, but I guess from their point of view there is no other way then quick hardcore soluions.
    I dont know how much requests they have per day, but it must be A LOT, and there is no way to investigate every single problem in its detail.

Sometimes I really wonder where they take the energy to do all this ^^
    I bet most people dont even say "Thanks" after they fix their problems...

Funcom employee

I just talked to a GM for this problem. It seems you need to delete ur pref´s folder... but I found a way to fix the GMS problem and keep ur prefs I think ^^ I am not sure if this solution will disturb anything else or not.

Make a copy of you char ID folder and delete the old1.
    Then start AO so it can create a new folder.
    Log out and overwrite the new folder with the Backup you made just b4 that... but DONT overwrite the "Prefs" file in the root char ID folder.
    After I did that, my GMS works fine again and 95% of all my settings are here. I just needed to adjust the interface a bit.

???e that will safe you some truble with remaking ur whole interface.
    I've discovered a fix that will, at the least, fix the issue where you're not able to type anything in the search box. This has not been tested for other issues.

In-game via chat type in this command: /setoption ShopSearchWindowConfig false
    then hit enter. (making sure GMS isn't open)

This essentially "resets" the part of the prefs file having to do with GMS, without relogging or deleting the whole file.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!