Thread: Funcom and wikileaks

Funcom and wikileaks

Ok so a lot of closed threads about the rumors surrounding the unexpected/ expected downtime on jan 4th. I've heard/ read all kinds of stuff about what happened. All I know is that I kept getting booted out of my AI daily, disconnects, at one point saw "help" in vicinity and like a good doc started looking for some little lvl 80 agent that found out he can't 100% AS! a lvl 178 cyborg in mort.

Can't find any real information about what happened.

" To dispel too much out of control rumor, please refer to the thread on server downtime in the 18.4 forum.
    "

Read through that and no information... other than rumors again. "issues" is vauge enough to allow rumors to continue.

Just wondering if I can get a link to the OFFICIAL explanation or if I have to wait for wikileaks to leak the info lol

Yours Truly,
    Curious.

(edit: I guess delete if this is another thing we are not allowed to ask. Curious if a product I pay for is no longer safe/ secure or able to enjoy due to outside activity )
    Last edited by copperneedle; Jan 5th, 2011 at 17:00:47.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Looking into your webcam now, thanks for logging on Anarchy Online.

Someone either hacked/got access to a GM account somehow, or a GM went on a rampage and spawned items that are not obtainable in game for anyone to loot, spawns supple bots, RBPs and other stuff.

Along side of perma fearing everyone in Bore, spawning Beast and Tara, and playing with player scale.

FC took servers down a few hours after this to solve their issues it seems anyone who looted any of these items has had their account temporary banned in and GMs are going through deleting the spawned items form their inventory.

And I'm sure FCs "Official" response will be this Fridays Friday with Means.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

My conspiracy theory is that it was a planned GM event gone wrong. They were very very fast to react.
    Beersoldier
    President, Private Playthings
    Omni, RK1

Assange placed hidden informations on Rubi-Ka and the things that happend in Bore are only to get off the focus.
    He hacked the CoH chest and the information, that changes the real world is hidden in there now.
    The Xan exists and they're coming down next year ^^

Quote Originally Posted by raw_fox View Post
    blabla..He hacked the CoH chest ...blabla

It can't be!?
    Xeratrading 220/26 NM trader|||Methalix 220/21 Atrox Enforcer
    Methaball 176/4 Atrox MP|||Xeradoc 150/16 Solitus Doctor
    Methafire 150/20 Atrox Soldier|||Xeradvent 121/10 Solitus Adventurer
    Xeranuke 186/17 Solitus Nano-technician
    Xeracrat 200/21 Solitus Bureaucrat
    President of ~~ Athalantes ~~
    Squad Commander of The Glowing Nightfliers

Quote Originally Posted by Beersoldier View Post
    My conspiracy theory is that it was a planned GM event gone wrong. They were very very fast to react.
    was waiting to see a post like this. considering all the facts that are available to the playerbase, the conspiracy theory idea is one of many plausible explanations (that is, until more facts are brought to light. until then, the playerbase must build a house of cards in an attempt to find out what happened).

here is an example that fits the bill, and this actually happens in one form or another in the real world:

if the amount of money needed to complete a project is deemed greater than projected revenue of said project after its completion (usually when project is 50-60% complete), it's theoretically possible and possibly conceivable that shareholders or investors that previously approved a project, may jump off a sinking ship while its still seaworthy, and may bribe/compensate an employee on said project to cause enough chaos or damage to a project to give shareholders/investors a reason to no longer approve any funding of said project.

if something like what happened yesterday happens again, i would lean towards this possibility. otherwise, its more likely that it was a GM who got more drunk than necessary, and wanted to show his drinking buddies a good laugh.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulTarder View Post

if something like what happened yesterday happens again,
    or,if that allready was happening for years.

jols did it
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Ooops... you've gone and named names. ib thread delete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Character 'Jols' was not found in any dimension.

Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

I go away from the game for a week and THIS happens!?

Someone hacked a GM?

Or is my chain being yanked? Anyone wanna fill me in on what happened?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by hellrule View Post
    character 'jols' was not found in any dimension.

oh my god! You killed jols! You basterd!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notnotnotnod View Post
    Looking into your webcam now, thanks for logging on Anarchy Online.
    You can look through mine, Im already nekkid on Chat Roulette anyway.
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

0-o ibtl
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

If I had been the hacker I would have went to CoH and opened the chest instead of messing around in Borealis..
    Biggreens
    Biggdoc - ex 150-twink
    Daftz
    Noob
    Stuffedlove - ex 174 twink
    Kjempefjert
    Zouri - Ex 150 twink (Now kiting my noobs..)
    Sootwink
    Sootwink2

1/05 was an inside job!
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    1/05 was an inside job!
    60% of the time, a GM will try to debunk this all the time!
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

I believe the spawning of items (and mobs) gives some nice red coding in it's logs.
    That's what i've heard though, never seen it (a)

spam it too much and staff will be with you very fast
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.