Thread: Can't attack? Possible fix

Can't attack? Possible fix

I was on my shade when the occurence in Borealis went down and I was perma feared. I was leaving soon so I logged an engi to warp myself into NL so I could log out. I log back in, and like a lot of people I can't attack anything.

So what I did was turn on auto attack and ran into OA. I was hoping that it would force me to attack. I didn't attack the guard or I pressed Q the instant my character auto attacked, but I got flagged and since nobody kindly killed me in OA, I left it to the guard to whittle down my health to 0. I died and came out of Penumbra Garden. I took the statue down to jump to RK and attacked a heckler successfully and since I was rezzing I didn't cast SHD but I could at least attack.

I know this works for Omni because I was on vent with a few friends who claimed it worked for them as well.

As far as I can tell, it's either the pvp flags that stack higher than the bugged invisible nano in your NCU, or the shadowlands gardens' nano stacks higher is about as high as I'm going to think on it.

Just thought I'd share this fix with you.

EDIT: I can cast SHD on mobs, I haven't yet tried to pvp since I'm testing while typing this up.

For clanners and neutrals I would assume you need to save in your garden and for froobs we can just hope that it works at normal reclaim terminals. Turn on auto attack monster and attack a guard in TG if you're clanner, or whichever you want if you're neutral. Post here for success stories so we don't have to wait on GMs and the petition system to come back up.

EDIT II: It would make sense by looking at this to terminate, but getting killed alone did not fix it for some people and I should have stated that. You, so far, need to follow this method instead of getting gibbed or terminating. I haven't heard anyone actually get fixed by termination/pvm death but the flags look like they work so far for the people I have told.
    Last edited by Waahash; Jan 5th, 2011 at 18:24:40.

you cant attack anyone anymore in pvp. you should just delete your character now and reroll. dont take the items off it, theyre infected. throw everything out.

You can /duel then /duel draw and it goes away as well, same when you enter BS.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Welcome to Workaround Online
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

I had an MA cast a fear on me in Omni ent arena, that fixed the problem.