Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Choose my Adventure: Anarchy Online!

I think Wizard 101 is Magic - The Gathering Online ;P

Its a pretty weird and ugly mage stuff
    Last edited by lainbr; Jan 6th, 2011 at 23:37:35.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Wizard 101 ...

I never even heard of that before. O.o
    Wizard 101 players probably think the same of AO.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

it got me curious, so I'm downloading it to check out wtf is Wizard 101.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Voted!
    Wizards 101 noo!
    Oh Yeah!

Voted, now get back to yer comps and make new engine happenz!
    "Death is as big a part of life, as life it self".
    First wizard, Sword of Truth.

Macdk TL7 Equip
    Baraccus TL7
    Equip
    Raugmoss TL7
    Equip
    Maczilla TL5
    Equip
    Maczol TL4
    Equip

cast my vote... come on AO!
    220 crat
    196 MA
    140 Enfo
    85 Doc
    75 Agent

Voted
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Deleting cookies is enough. Pointless pool.
    that is logical.

theoretically 10,000 fans of a game could have lined up at an internet cafe to vote for ao, and even though it may look su****ious, it would have to be taken on trust by massively.com that these individuals all play the game on rotation at a single unlisted internet cafe, on one ip address.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulTarder View Post
    that is logical.

theoretically 10,000 fans of a game could have lined up at an internet cafe to vote for ao, and even though it may look su****ious, it would have to be taken on trust by massively.com that these individuals all play the game on rotation at a single unlisted internet cafe, on one ip address.
    An internet cafe in China. Credit sellers want to see AO flourish, too

yesterday when i voted was 900 votes for AP, now its over 1500 :X

500 votes in 1 day im sure AO will top Wizard 1on1 by the end of the week.
    and i bet noone even bothered to cast more then 1 vote. theres plenty AO farmers that will want this game to go on lol) as some1 posted before me
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Start ++'ing! We want ze votes!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

voted too!
    I looked that Wizard thing up on youtube...that game SUCKS!
    You stand in a circle and you cast fireballs at eachother turn-based.
    Well, that's what free players can do...payed members got a lot of spells and stuff. But you're still standing in a circle pvp'ing each other turn-based

Wizard 101 2444 (48.3%)
    Anarchy Online 1665 (32.9%)

weird that Maple Story has less votes than Wizard 101. that game is rather fun for the younger audience.
    Last edited by Xatgunner; Jan 7th, 2011 at 11:29:49.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Wizard 101 is actually advertised for, therefore they probably have a larger population of little kids than AO. I've seen the commercials for Wizard 101 on Nickelodeon and my kids have all shown interest in playing. So that may be our downfall there.

We are gaining, though. 2448 vs 1717 atm.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Funcom employee

AO has gained over 1000 votes in the last 24+ hours and is quickly catching up to first place - We've been doing everything we can to get the word out (and there will be a mention in today's FwM post), and would love it if you guys would do the same. Tell your org, tell your friends; post it on your Facebook or your Twitter or your MyFaceInATube or whatever it is the hip kids are using these days on the intarwebz - Get the word out and help Anarchy Online reach #1!

Edit: To anyone wondering, the game that comes in first will receive a series of articles written about them on Massively.com - This could be some great exposure for the game and could give potential new players their first taste of Anarchy Online. Please do NOT talk about or otherwise discuss 'vote fixing' in this thread. Cheating is *bad*, on a lotta levels; we want to win this, but we also wanna win it fair and square. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

I just hope you guys get the New player experience in place before they start covering this game. Such covering gives quite nice publicity, and well if they get drawn to new parts like that they might take some players into the game.

Or make JOBE free player friendly, .. kinda nice eyecandy on Shadowlands.. walk around JOBE, just not able to use the portals as from that point maybe you need SL..

In short. Try to make use of the publicity!

The odds are high that the first paragraph (if AO wins the poll) will be about its rocky launch. I'm so tired of hearing about that stuff now. It's been well over 9 years. Let it go already!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by enakur View Post
    I just ???e you guys get the New player experience in place before they start covering this game. Such covering gives quite nice publicity, and well if they get drawn to new parts like that they might take some players into the game.

Or make JOBE free player friendly, .. kinda nice eyecandy on Shadowlands.. walk around JOBE, just not able to use the portals as from that point maybe you need SL..

In short. Try to make use of the publicity!
    I just wanted to say that.
    With this contest comming up. And i see ourselfs winning this thing.
    We've gotten over 1K more votes since yesterday. and didn't see that other game change that much.

If we'd get covered by a site like this. (i never heard of it, but it looks like a rather big deal)
    You guys really must get the start-up area hotfixed so it functions in a fun way for new players to get into the game. (if they make it out of newby-island before they throw AO out of the window we're safe)

I don't know if there is enough time for a develop team now to make a completely new startup experience.
    But if you make that work, players that are half-interested will stay.
    At the end of the contest you want to place a lot of ARK's on the start-up area to help every new player that you think might needs help. (new-IP addresses)

Maybe some Experienced played wish to temporary join the ARK-Greeters to help a hand when they can/want? I know I will if it gets offered.
    Anything to make new players stay.

Please don't mess this up Staff It's a great opportunity
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    AO has gained over 1000 votes in the last 24+ hours and is quickly catching up to first place - We've been doing everything we can to get the word out (and there will be a mention in today's FwM post), and would love it if you guys would do the same. Tell your org, tell your friends; post it on your Facebook or your Twitter or your MyFaceInATube or whatever it is the hip kids are using these days on the intarwebz - Get the word out and help Anarchy Online reach #1!

Edit: To anyone wondering, the game that comes in first will receive a series of articles written about them on Massively.com - This could be some great exposure for the game and could give potential new players their first taste of Anarchy Online. Please do NOT talk about or otherwise discuss 'vote fixing' in this thread. Cheating is *bad*, on a lotta levels; we want to win this, but we also wanna win it fair and square. =)
    Sure. When I get my 30 free days.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

-[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast