Thread: Mob bugging problem

Mob bugging problem

Please fix the stupid mob bugging problem...im getting tired of getting a high hp mob down to 20% just to have it bug and complete heal. Had it happen on inf mission bosses and inf dynas. even had some regular mobs bug where the only way to kill em was to alpha them b/c of their stupid high hd. Some mobs will even randomlly run away from you and be at full health in a few seconds.

i've noticed this happening as well recently. it used to happen once in a blue moon, and even then there was an explanation for it happening, like someone standing on part of floor where they were "falling" and pulled aggro momentarily and mob went into reset mode.

now (seems like since last patch) mobs will do this while im soloing or teaming somewhat frequently. i farm doja chips off of somphos in inferno quite often on whatever toon im levelling at the time, and never have i seen them act so strange as they do now. ill shoot one, it will run up to me, stop for a few seconds like its stunned, then run off out of view distance, and then warp back to where it originally was. this doesn't happen all the time (once or twice a day), but it happens enough that i made a mental note of it a few days ago to watch for it in the forums.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

I'm doing some stuff around the marshes in Inferno at the moment on test. I'll see if I can't reproduce it on the Somphos and try to find what's causing it, if there's a pattern at all. If you have any ideas about possible environmental causes etc, let me know - either here or in a PM.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

It's probably glitchy geometry, the game is plagued with it. Rubberbanding, falling through objects/the world, mobs behaving badly... hell, I fall through the walls in the daily mission center all the time, so it's not a problem restricted to old content. Kind of amusing, but I doubt it's intentional.

hell, I fall through the walls in the daily mission center all the time,
    Can you give me an idea of where? I've just tested all the walls in both Omni and Clan Agency, running, walking and jump running and I've been unable to find any holes in wall geometry in either of them. If you could give me a landmark for an area of wall that you often fall through, that may help me to pin it down.

X

Try the door areas. Its easy to get stuck in the walls or ceiling there. I do think this is intentional, though. Theres no other explanation why the folks at Funcom suddenly forgot how to design properly working doors ever since the original city HQ door debacle.

Any old fashioned door works like a charm, most new doors require you to hump it to get through.
    ಠ_ಠ

Warhead: Did you mean the Entry door to the Agency? Or the door area inside the Agency instance itself?

And did you mean Clan (Old Athen) or Omni (Rome Blue) Agency?

X

I have noticed that when you log out inside the clan agency, if you try to leave right after you log back on you get stuck inside the wall and have to either have someone warp you out or /petition stuck. has happened to me twice.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    Warhead: Did you mean the Entry door to the Agency? Or the door area inside the Agency instance itself?

And did you mean Clan (Old Athen) or Omni (Rome Blue) Agency?

X
    All doors inside and I meant the omni agency. If you jump at the door (exit) you might get stuck in geometry as well as the door arcs to the agency handlers. Its just frustrating for a trox.
    ಠ_ಠ

Most of my higher level characters are nanomages, so mebbe I'm just not jumping high enough. I'll give it a try though.

I'll also try the log-out inside the agency condition Hectik.

X

Yup. Reproduced the door issue. FC dev that happened to be on test at the time, confirmed that they are aware of some issues and it's on the (rather long) geometry job list.

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Jan 7th, 2011 at 17:26:46.

You can also jump through the side tunnel in the Inferno trial area and get stuck in the floor underneath. Not sure about the other trial areas.

I got stuck in battlestation 2 days ago.
    was on the corricor to C, left side. around halfway. (bout 10 meter in front of the inactive spawnpoint).
    i jumped in the vicinity of the right wall and got stuck in mid-air.

Luckly an omni came by and killed me after asking.
    Reproduced it the next day.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

I've been doing some Somphos munching and haven't repeated the odd mob bugging. Tried standing in various places, in water, between those hummocks and all sorts. I'll keep hunting there from time to time... but as I say - so far no confirmation from me on it.

X

Now that i think about it i've really only noticed it while on my crat so it might be something to do with agg being swapped between me and my pets.

Xtrem, try pull those mobs from very far far far away.

And, those reset mobs happens A LOT in Pandemonium. Ever when you have 35 ppl attaking it with they feet pretty stoned in plain floor.

I noticed those things can happens when there are an object between you and the mob. Like today, I was pulling a mob from another room, then I turned on a corner and mob runned away.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I'll try as long a pull as I can manage. Thanks for the tip Lainbr.

Like today, I was pulling a mob from another room, then I turned on a corner and mob runned away.
    Hard to differentiate this one from pathing issues though, isn't it? There's a corner in one of the Alien Dailies, where there's a mob just after the turn. Whenever I go there, my mez and attack pet turn around and run a convoluted, very long different path... and very often, my mez pet turns up, but my attack pet despawns for some bizarre reason.

The root issue there is that the pathing code takes them off on a wild goose chase, even though they're literally just around the corner and could have followed my footsteps.

It's possible though, that pathing issues could be at the root of the Somphos example too though. There's a lot of ponds and stuff round there and mobs prefer to run around them.... You do get some odd pathing solutions from the NPCs around there.

X

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Xtrem, try pull those mobs from very far far far away.
    Sounds like rather old (1.5-2 years), but intentional change related to try fix kiting and dragging mobs far-far away from their usual spots.
    Ages ago it used to be possible to drag bosses over whole zone and leave wandering near it border. Now mobs loose aggro, restore HP in few seconds and run to original spot, ignoring you in following cases:
    - you are run too far away from mob
    - mob are too far away from it's original spot
    - for some period of time (like 20-30sec) you doesn't hit mob and mob doesn't hit you

For instance - pre-LE my soldier soloed Biodome Hags, last boss required ~5min if kiting, but were easy, if you know what to do. Right now - with all new LE/LoX gear, nanos, research, etc. - soloing last boss way harder.
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

Quote Originally Posted by candle645_ View Post
    Sounds like rather old (1.5-2 years), but intentional change related to try fix kiting and dragging mobs far-far away from their usual spots.
    Ages ago it used to be possible to drag bosses over whole zone and leave wandering near it border. Now mobs loose aggro, restore HP in few seconds and run to original spot, ignoring you in following cases:
    - you are run too far away from mob
    - mob are too far away from it's original spot
    - for some period of time (like 20-30sec) you doesn't hit mob and mob doesn't hit you

For instance - pre-LE my soldier soloed Biodome Hags, last boss required ~5min if kiting, but were easy, if you know what to do. Right now - with all new LE/LoX gear, nanos, research, etc. - soloing last boss way harder.
    What i mean was:
    Stay from max range possible (45m) >> Hit/pull the mob >> Wait it come to you >> Kill

Following the pattern above, sometimes the mob comes, loses agrro, run away from you and come back aggroed again. Some times it doesnt come back at all.

AND! Mobs loses aggro atm ever if you dotted it. Pretty lame. Ex: Last time I tried kill Unredemmed Roch, I dotted it, runned a lil, wait, and runned a lil again. Result: Aggro lost. Its working as intent? I think it dont.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I've noticed it seems to incress with the LOS mob has to you as well. a Tree Branch above you will make it lose agg, or a non-visable geometry. Even if you toe-to-toe with the mob.
    Quote Originally Posted by FILO_Gunfytr View Post
    QL 300 Rocket Launcher.....12K VPs
    1 Rnd Rocket Launcher Ammo........12K credz
    IPs to equip Rocket launcher............1001

Catching an NT with a Rocket Launcher in his hands................PRICELESS
    220/30/70 solitus soldier Satisguard