Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Engineer mines

I want in your BS then.

The numbers I posted are correct. I've actually played my engie in BS too, and making a snare aura land to anything that is not a soldier and wears HHaB is rare at best.

Guess we agree to disagree here.
    Battle "Kitesfear" Hymns Field Marshall
    Arzamas "Reken" Sixteen Supreme Creator
    Bunch of alts

7.62 - One size fits all.

I think it lands more than you're willing to admit, I've been on both sides of this snare aura.

When my keeper was traditionally perked and running around with about 2.3k NR, I basically couldn't get rid of it.

I perked SD4 and then I was immune to it, so clearly 2.3k NR was nowhere near enough to stop two rolls of it (yes two because you have one on each pet) attacking me constantly.

MA's have it pretty much the same, they only have a bit more NR due to aegis of notum and it just doesn't seem to make a difference.

That's 2 melee profs already you can snare indefinitely.

Enfs and advs are not kitable by anyone.....except engis with snare mines and in the case of enfs: NTs.

Docs are never at full def and their NR isn't all that impressive anyway so always lands on them. Trader's get snared by this, crats I've see they have a little resistance to it, but only when kiting pets a lot and calming ¬¬;

Other engs...lol yea right, we're both snared the entire time.

NT's calm my pets so it's hard to get pets to get close to them.

Agents: no chance for them. Unless they are NR2 and even then it lands.

Meh, engi snare mines are fine. Would be awesome if you could use them outside of BS.

Could picture bore pvp now... team of engies put snare mines like 3-5ft from all backyard doors while they let their friends stand flagged as bait in the center of bore.
    Last edited by Ninjaloot; Jan 13th, 2011 at 01:08:20.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

i would be up for that! Make them usable anywhere, make them useful in PvE!

Just reduce the godamn duration, give it a 1minute cooldown I don't care. Any unremovable CC that lasts 15 seconds is just horribly OPed especially considering an engi's damage.

actually there is a pretty good way to combat this for the time being... use a ql 200 speed stim. can buy them from the drugdealer in hope, mort. only buffs 800 speed but its 800 more than you would have without it.
    Last edited by Ninjaloot; Jan 13th, 2011 at 04:25:15.
    R.I.P. AO

that only gives you 800 runspeed =/

800 more speed than you would have other wise.

that 800 speed can get you closer to a warp quicker to get away from engi pets beating on you.

actually I think im gonna go stock up on these a bit now.
    R.I.P. AO

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    actually there is a pretty good way to combat this for the time being... use a ql 200 speed stim. can buy them from the drugdealer in hope, mort. only buffs 800 speed but its 800 more than you would have without it.
    drugs are bad mmmkay
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post
    I think it lands more than you're willing to admit ...
    MA's have it pretty much the same, they only have a bit more NR due to aegis of notum and it just doesn't seem to make a difference.
    Out of common curiosity, I just hugged my engie's KFC-bot for 7 and half minutes on my MA. The aura ticked 18 times, 4 times it landed on the MA. I can't really call that reliable way to slow someone down. =P
    Bunch of alts

Everyone knows you only cast snare aura for +AAO
    Waiting for a cure.

6 Second duration, non removable snare (modify so the current ways to remove it are changed so that they cannot). Usable once every 60 seconds. Usable outside of battlestation (however it only affects flagged players, so a non-flagged player can trigger it and get himself snared).

What are peoples thoughts about not being able to place it in a fight? Would make placing it more strategical and less of "oh a enfo is attacking me, snare him and zone into BY lawl".

Not exactly 100% sure how it works in that respect atm, so if that restriction is already in place someone should say so.
    Marinegent - RK2 - 220/22 Opifex Agent : Max Dodge Defense Equip
    Marinesold - RK2 - 220/24 Atrox Soldier : Defense/SMG Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent2 View Post
    What are peoples thoughts about not being able to place it in a fight? Would make placing it more strategical and less of "oh a enfo is attacking me, snare him and zone into BY lawl".

Not exactly 100% sure how it works in that respect atm, so if that restriction is already in place someone should say so.
    About equivalent to removing them altogether.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by Kitesfear View Post
    Out of common curiosity, I just hugged my engie's KFC-bot for 7 and half minutes on my MA. The aura ticked 18 times, 4 times it landed on the MA. I can't really call that reliable way to slow someone down. =P
    you regularly only use one pet?

CC in this game is pretty broken in general. It's either hilariously overpowered, notoriously unreliable, or both.

I know I shouldn't bite, but what the hey...

you regularly only use one pet?
    That largely depend on the players on the opposing faction, actually.

Still, I have no reason to believe that even with two pets, the aura wouldn't land about 4 times of every 18 tries on my MA.
    Bunch of alts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitesfear View Post
    I know I shouldn't bite, but what the hey...

That largely depend on the players on the opposing faction, actually.

Still, I have no reason to believe that even with two pets, the aura wouldn't land about 4 times of every 18 tries on my MA.
    then you're utterly deluded or just not telling the truth. Science dictates that it will have a higher chance of landing if you have TWO rolls at it. Unless you can prove mathematics wrong then I'm not going to believe you.

then you're utterly deluded or just not telling the truth. Science dictates that it will have a higher chance of landing if you have TWO rolls at it. Unless you can prove mathematics wrong then I'm not going to believe you.
    Would it make his point any less valid if he used 500 pets?
    Waiting for a cure.

Bump for shortening the recharge time for mines. Personally I hardly use the snare ones, I prefer nano mine for most profs. Don't reduce the nano mine effect though.

Each roll of the defense check on the nano is independent.

Taking Kitesfear's data as accurate, if you had 18 pets, 4 out of 18 snares would land, but all rolls happen at the same time. Having more pets just means it takes less time for a success. It does not alter the chance of a success.

Guess I just proved mathematics wrong, or ... at least your mathematics.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

lmao,science does not dictate that at all.

why on earth would you even think that the chance of landing per attempt would go up if he used two pets. IT would likely land fast using two pets because he is having twice as many attempts in the same time frame as a single pet. but the chance for each attempt would be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast