Thread: Acrobat perks insted of bio shield perks, why?

Acrobat perks insted of bio shield perks, why?

This is the stats we get for haveing 4 perks into acrobat!

Abilities
    Agility 30
    Melee
    Multi melee 30
    Ranged
    Multi ranged 30
    Speed
    Duck explosives 190
    Dodge ranged 190
    Evade close 190

190 static evades on top of limber+dof. and we chain those perks so basily 400+ evades since limber+ always run.
    i think this benefit us much more in pvm and pvp that coon does.
    4 perks vs 10 perks i 6 spare perks is allot if we got this changed.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Jan 2nd, 2011 at 15:26:22.

Because keepers wanna be really stupidly OP with 4 perks into a better defense than 10 perks into a defense that is usually cleared witth a single special?

what you whine for? ah.. you have a 220 enf, shade and ma, none of your 220 alts will have a werry easy time to kill a keeper anymore then :/ ok i wont stop you, just troll the suggestion

I don't even see the point of this thread anyways. You pretty much tell every keeper what they would get from acrobat as if everyone is too dumb to know what acrobat 4 offers, then tell everyone you think its a good trade. Not only is it absolutely pointless to make an entire thread on a subject that has been widely discussed to individually share your own personal opinion but you get cocky when someone bothers posting on this extensively debated topic.

Acrobat > Bio Shielding and would make Keepers completely OP defensively, therefore any keeper that wants it wants to be OP.

well a keep would land on the same evades as an ma then more or less, i dont see the lame thing about it. keepers dmg sucks, so if evades would make em survive twice as loong i dont see the problem.
    but ok i gues your right then.

I see a problem ... why would a keeper with suck damage care about surviving twice as long than they do now? Sure Acrobat > Bio. That goes without saying. I don't think any profession would say they wouldn't trade up from a 10 perkline to access to Acrobat. If you can't really kill anyone endgame but survive all the time, then what is a keeper for? Capping BS? Planting laser tags? Sounds awesome.

TBH, I don't think the question is what defensive stuff would you trade for other defensive stuff. I don't think that's a sensible approach and it's completely academic. It wouldn't address the problems keepers have either.

There is a poll for bio sheilding perkline. I find it odd that most keepers would trade it for some undefined other 'thing', assuming the thing would be better for them.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jan 4th, 2011 at 16:32:11.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena
    TBH, I don't think the question is what defensive stuff would you trade for other defensive stuff. I don't think that's a sensible approach and it's completely academic. It wouldn't address the problems keepers have either.

There is a poll for bio sheilding perkline. I find it odd that most keepers would trade it for some undefined other 'thing', assuming the thing would be better for them.
    Yeah I agree. I voted yes on that poll and I don't see why everyone is so eager to trade away Biosheilding for some wild card really.

I would wager the eagerness was born from the fact that there is no much point having the life span of paladins in the n00b comics if you don't have the firepower to kill anything but perhaps NTs once in a while.
    Visiting decon a bit more often would prolly be a small price to pay if we could also send others there a bit more often.
    For all we know so far, our killing prowess will still be highly dependant on perks, and as the cooldowns and lockouts discussed or displayed in released documents won't really change the situation much for us (our perks recharge are longer than cooldowns more often than not), proposing to sacrifice some defence for more firepower seems like a valid way to go, if an arguable one : should we sacrifice anything at all for more firepower, or isn't it a long overdue addition for keepers?

Personnaly, I would rather lose coon and get better pvp damage than seeing the profession overall balance remain as is, ie strongly tiped toward defence.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Yeah, but I think that poll was mostly questioning if keepers wanted to replace Bio with some other defensive option. At least that's how I interpreted it. I too would trade bio for some less perk dependent offensive options as well, but then that wouldn't make alot of sense. Giving up perklines for ... non-perkline stuff.

poor keepers , they are subpar to mp`s these days, no ? yes pvp only

keepers getting worked pretty hard in all areas atm.

FC sitting on hands, wondering if people noticing that they aren't doing anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Yeah, but I think that poll was mostly questioning if keepers wanted to replace Bio with some other defensive option. At least that's how I interpreted it. I too would trade bio for some less perk dependent offensive options as well, but then that wouldn't make alot of sense. Giving up perklines for ... non-perkline stuff.
    Point taken, I seem to have mentally skipped a step in my reasonment.
    What I did mean indeed was that the prospect of sacrifying coon for some other undeterminate defence was risky, but that trading coon for some added offence (and why not in the form of a new Pistol-like perkline with low checks and good damage specials) is something I would be ready to consider IF FC was really unwilling to consider plain giving us a "free of charge" offence boost.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

I didn't include it in the OP of that poll but, if you scroll down, I'm talking about a new Parry/Riposte perk line which is what I asked for to devs.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    I didn't include it in the OP of that poll but, if you scroll down, I'm talking about a new Parry/Riposte perk line which is what I asked for to devs.
    Asking for that might as well be asking for a swimming perkline. No new info on parry/riposte will be or will function. Its like this taking the box being parry/riposte of course.

A perk line comes with perk actions.
    blah

Doesn't matter. Let me make a point, Shadowsneak on agent much?

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    TBH, I wouldn't be asking for those things in perks as replacements. I think keepers should get them as additions to some other offensive perkline, but not as a new individual perkline. Stone Samurai seems like a logical place to request more R/P 'stuff'. I think that there are already enough perk stuff keepers need to rely on and as well, I don't think in their current state, keepers shoudl be thinking 'replacement'. Leave that for the advy's.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Doesn't matter. Let me make a point, Shadowsneak on agent much?
    DoF on adv much?

TBH, I wouldn't be asking for those things in perks as replacements. I think keepers should get them as additions to some other offensive perkline, but not as a new individual perkline. Stone Samurai seems like a logical place to request more R/P 'stuff'. I think that there are already enough perk stuff keepers need to rely on and as well, I don't think in their current state, keepers shoudl be thinking 'replacement'. Leave that for the advy's.
    I think you misunderstand what I mean by a Parry and Riposte perk line. We already have Parry and Riposte skills and we'll get (like other melee professions) access to Parry and Riposte 'specials'. The new perk line would simply buff Parry and Riposte (yes that's a bit like Street Samurai) and provide new offensive and defensive perk actions based on such skills.
    blah

OK got you now. That's reasonable.